• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DasDonkey Vertex Box v2.2 Released!!

JoeGrandma

Smash Journeyman
If I want Cloud's sword but the rest of Ike to be normal or whatever, can I just export Cloud's sword's vertex group as vertex.ddf, create the DDV.3DS, and then import it onto an unedited model of Ike?

What I'm saying is, can I take vertex edits from other models and put it on other models, so I could mix and match edits or whatever?

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
If I want Cloud's sword but the rest of Ike to be normal or whatever, can I just export Cloud's sword's vertex group as vertex.ddf, create the DDV.3DS, and then import it onto an unedited model of Ike?

What I'm saying is, can I take vertex edits from other models and put it on other models, so I could mix and match edits or whatever?
Yes you can.

JoeGrandma

Smash Journeyman
Do only some vertex groups work or something like that?

Here, I started with BeyondYou's Travis Touchdown's body and then put on Vishkugeta's Zolo's sword, and then the hair of the original Ike. (I also applied my own textures and whatnot.) It worked in Brawlbox, in-game, everything.

But here, I tried to replace Marth's cape with Mariokart64n's Shinobu Jacobs' scarf, and that resulted in some sort of terrible mess... something similar also happened when I tried to take Shinobu's sword sheathe.

Both times, I exported the vertices to vertex.ddf, created the DDV.3DS. and then exported on the other model without opening the 3DS or anything like that. Is there something that I could have been doing wrong for the latter?

owned645

Smash Cadet
When you are done, would I be able to convert to poly on the model I'm editing? It would help allot with editing models.

Akari_Un

Smash Apprentice
DasDonkey Box 2.0 is now out!!!
You can download on the main post or on our site.
If you like it, please help us, clickig on the ads on our site.

_Vuze_

Smash Apprentice
Great news! Hope it works better for me than the older version (though it wasnt a brawl model I have been working on :p)!
Thank you!

Piks

Smash Journeyman
How is DDVB 2 different than mariokart's?

Just curious, I'm not knocking it down or anything, I'm wondering what the changes are. (besides the more detailed displays)

Nice job anyways. :J

meleemaster500

Smash Lord
well, it does make it easier to edit and automates parts of that process, but it's essentially the same process.

also if anyone has trouble opening the application (it worked fine for me though), you can either open it in command prompt, or more easily, just right click it and say open.

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
I did exactly the same process in the video but it ended up flaring the polygons. Is this because I was editing a model that was changed with the written guide on mariokart64n's thread?

Akari_Un

Smash Apprentice
Great news! Hope it works better for me than the older version (though it wasnt a brawl model I have been working on :p)!
Thank you!
Thanks lol

How is DDVB 2 different than mariokart's?

Just curious, I'm not knocking it down or anything, I'm wondering what the changes are. (besides the more detailed displays)

Nice job anyways. :J
On the main post are the changes (betwen this ver and 1.0), also you can see the video tutorial and you ll see how much different are than mariokart app

I did exactly the same process in the video but it ended up flaring the polygons. Is this because I was editing a model that was changed with the written guide on mariokart64n's thread?
I don't know how exactly how to use the mariokart method, but you need an unedited model to make the patch system work fine

Nice job.
When you will add the english subtitles? Looks so awesome <:
when Im back form the beach ill add the subtittles

_Vuze_

Smash Apprentice
Just wondering, does the script work for Max 9 as well? Always getting an error...

stickman

Smash Apprentice
When I try to import the .dae in 3DS Max, this happens:

http://img237.imageshack.us/img237/1205/3dsmax21.png
I klick Okay...Now it loads and then this comes:
http://img39.imageshack.us/img39/9233/3dsmax21222.jpg
I klick OK and see what happens with Ike:
http://img706.imageshack.us/img706/4953/3dsmaxikefail.jpg
you are using the wrong collada import. you need the one from the collada website (Google it) and then use that plugin to import. the precompiled collada with 3ds max does not work and will not work with this method

meleemaster500

Smash Lord
FOR ANYONE HAVING CRAZY, FRAGMENTY IMPORTED MODELS WITH LOTS-O-ERRORS:

first,if you have 3ds max 9, download this: http://www.mediafire.com/?9vs21be461ul429
but the known downloads should work I suppose

but that won't fix it. when you import the file into 3ds (file>import) be sure to CLICK ON THE FILE TYPE THAT SAIDS "COLLADA (*DAE *XML)"

otherwise, it imports using 3ds' default method if you select all files.

tada, then follow the instructions, like fixing ais import with mariokarts script

Captain Kwark

Smash Apprentice
Vertexing Wario's Mustache doesn't seem to work.

This is model after the first and double patch:

I have followed every step in the video tutorial.

Akari_Un

Smash Apprentice
yeah i almost forget it, it seems to some vertices does't fix after double patching, this because the orientation on the vertex file, im trying to figure out how to fix this, i hope make it soon, but for now, we have to move that manually

meleemaster500

Smash Lord
the difference seems to be how you have to morph the shape in mariokart's method on the double patch.

it appears that for some things, that the single patch moves the verticies half as much as they should be

JoeGrandma

Smash Journeyman
FOR ANYONE HAVING CRAZY, FRAGMENTY IMPORTED MODELS WITH LOTS-O-ERRORS:

first,if you have 3ds max 9, download this: http://www.mediafire.com/?9vs21be461ul429
but the known downloads should work I suppose

but that won't fix it. when you import the file into 3ds (file>import) be sure to CLICK ON THE FILE TYPE THAT SAIDS "COLLADA (*DAE *XML)"

otherwise, it imports using 3ds' default method if you select all files.

tada, then follow the instructions, like fixing ais import with mariokarts script
Sorry for asking this, but so this does work with 3DS Max 9, right? You just have to add the Collada plug-in using that download link above?

I'm not sure if Mariokart's script works with 3DS Max 9 like _Vuze_ pointed out above...

meleemaster500

Smash Lord
Not to dissuade akari_un or anyone else from making their own English tutorials, but a few have already been made on the kk-mm forums for those interested.

Frankly, I find that the original spanish tutorial has more than enough information through the action he does on screen.

Akari_Un

Smash Apprentice
yeah, actually someone can follow the tutorial just looking the screen without the audio, anyways im back to my home and I can start to work on the subtittles

TommoPuppy

Smash Lord
NNID
Tommohawk
AIS just refuses to work for me. I'm supposed to drag the texture/model pac onto ais's exe, right? Nothing happens, even though it creates files when Akari does it in the tutorial. What do I do?

EDIT: There was something wrong with the PAC i was using. Would it have to do with the fact that it was a PCS which I opened and saved as a PAC?

Akari_Un

Smash Apprentice
yep, brawlbox have a bug when you save as pac from pcs, but in order to make work ais you need a pac file with an unedited model

JediKnightTemplar

Smash Lord
For some reason, AVG keeps freaking out on me when I extract the contents of the RAR. Even if I click ignore it still doesn't allow me to run DDV 2.0 for some odd reason. Is there any reason why it would be considering it to be a virus?

pokelover980

Smash Ace
For some reason, AVG keeps freaking out on me when I extract the contents of the RAR. Even if I click ignore it still doesn't allow me to run DDV 2.0 for some odd reason. Is there any reason why it would be considering it to be a virus?
Just don't use AVG, use a better free anti-virus if it absolutely has to be free (Microsoft Security Essentials is my personal favorite free one, though free ones will never match anything premium like Norton, McAfee or Kaspersky).

Akari_Un

Smash Apprentice
should not. I downloaded the file and I check with Kaspersky 2010 and is clean

Akari_Un

Smash Apprentice
let's see . . .
do you use windows vista or 7??
if that's true, and you installed the newest ver of collada's plugin of the official page, you need to resize the model when import, using mariokart script, just check the "resize" option, or if you are using the older ver of his script check the "3dsmax 2010" opcion (mo matter if you're not usin that ver

meleemaster500

Smash Lord
I just assumed that this method moved the edited verticies to half of what you edit them to be, but resizing the model explains that a whole lot better

Top Bottom