• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DasDonkey Vertex Box v2.2 Released!!

libertyernie

Smash Ace
Almost everything is working with Blender, BUT when I import the final MDL0, the parts in ther vertex group I edited are off vertically and 1/10th the size they should be. Am I doing something wrong?
I tried using Blender to scale everything 10x, but that doesn't fix the vertical issue.

Here's what I get when I import it into Blender then export again without changing anything:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/mnzwl22zkqz/FailToonLink00.pcs

If I can fix this issue I can make a Toon Link with a flattened-out nose.

br3compactor

Smash Ace
I tried following the OP but here's what I get when I put the mdl0 file back into the pcs.

Dunno what I did wrong. At least I got the whole importing/exporting/renaming/replacing thing.

I use 3DS MAX 9

EDIT: Found out what I was doing wrong. It was just a misuse of 3DS MAX's tools.

I'm actually doing pretty well now. But still wonder if it's possible to add vertices.

If someone knows how, please tell me.

Akuma2120

Smash Ace
^Sooooo, maybe out sooner than we thought? Or gonna take longer and that teaser is just there to tease us, I don't know your personality so it's hard to tell.

Akari_Un

Smash Apprentice
Well maybe take some time, I mean I only can work on it on my free time, and I need to do a lot of test, I only can say that the first box is **** comaring with this now one, I wan to write some features:
- Edit over the model.
- No more dots and with that no more dots clouds.
- Multiple vertex edition.
- Support for any 3D editor
- Automatic detect offset (no more typing offset ^^)

n64billy

Smash Ace
well maybe take some time, i mean i only can work on it on my free time, and i need to do a lot of test, i only can say that the first box is **** comaring with this now one, i wan to write some features:
- edit over the model.
- no more dots and with that no more dots clouds.
- multiple vertex edition.
- support for any 3d editor
- automatic detect offset (no more typing offset ^^)
:3 !!!!!!!

meleemaster500

Smash Lord
Well maybe take some time, I mean I only can work on it on my free time, and I need to do a lot of test, I only can say that the first box is **** comaring with this now one, I wan to write some features:
- Edit over the model.
:3 !!!!!!!
i don't know why you're looking at that when

- Edit over the model.

meleemaster500

Smash Lord
that's just excited conductor toon link...

the first version of excited toon link came from hiimdaisy's comic where snake and toon link go visit their sick friend ganon in the hospital. then people began copying that version drawing of toon link in many ways and someone made a excited conductor toon link when spirit tracks was announced, like toon link was excited to be a train conductor. and someone animated this on deviant art to show him a bit more animatedly excited...

basically, memes

anyways, very excited for new DD box

Akari_Un

Smash Apprentice
Hello, it's me again:
I just want to sho some progress, the first look of the new vertex box

as you can see is more complete than the other ver

ChibiIceClimberz

Smash Ace
NNID
ch33bdragonite
3DS FC
5370-0405-0580
Hello, it's me again:
I just want to sho some progress, the first look of the new vertex box

as you can see is more complete than the other ver
Good job so far. :]

I can't wait until this is released... I had trouble with the last version and I'm looking forward to vertex hack characters in a much easier way.

owned645

Smash Cadet
looking good!
I have two questions though.

1. What percent would you say is finished? like 70 or 80?
and 2. Is this going to work for 3ds max 2010 users?

Akari_Un

Smash Apprentice
hmm, the quesion 1 is hart to tell, because, on my first test the program works, but i need to do a lot of process, and I want to save that process, im trying that the app do all automatically, so , I guess something like , 50 60% or maybe 80%,90 I dont know really
about the second quetion yes, it will work, on 3dsmax 2010 also 11, I hope that works on maya and blender too, I don't have these programs so I can test on them

highfive

Smash Lord
Que buen trabajo con este programa! Mucha gente van a poder lograr sus ideas a otro nivel con la version 2!

Dame Cinco!

owned645

Smash Cadet
Hmmm... Not the answer I was hoping for on question1.
But I'm very happy about the 2nd though :]
Thanks. I can't wait. And I'm a big fan.

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
What do you mean by "no more dot clouds"? Do you mean that we'll actually be able to see the model while editing it?

Midnite

Smash Cadet
NNID
AurumMidnite
Really looking forward to 2.0! I had difficulty using the original. Hopefully the new version will be much easier to use!

Power Marshall

Smash Journeyman
Blender has support on Collada: 1.3.1 and 1.4, both fail though when importing a Dae file. It said the file being imported was newer than the plug-in.

EDIT: Same with N64billy, preferably.

Akari_Un

Smash Apprentice
well, collada is free, and the only model extractor tha I know uses it (AIS), so, in order to edit the model, you need the model in the 3d editor, and AIS is the only funtional extractor

Akari_Un

Smash Apprentice
well, collada is free, and the only model extractor tha I know uses it (AIS), so, in order to edit the model, you need the model in the 3d editor, and AIS is the only funtional extractor
oh, and to export i'll use obj files en instead of 3ds files

Akari_Un

Smash Apprentice
hmmm, no, export from the 3d editor as obj, instead 3ds.
the use of this new box is different form the past ver. im having some troubles with some parts, im trying to fixthem now.

stickman

Smash Apprentice
In Blender, character models ripped with AIS fail, but trophy models ripped with AIS are able to be imported into Blender. (Requires the PYTHONPATH for those who can't get any scripts to work) You know I can test for you in Blender, but as it stands, some changes to the dae format exported from AIS need to change before we get Blender support. I'll try to noodle with them for now.

EDIT: no, trophy models don't either. william's converter is what i used for those... i'll check some differences to see if i can fix that

owned645

Smash Cadet
How much farther you have gotten since I last asked?
I haven't seen any updates.

n64billy

Smash Ace
How much farther you have gotten since I last asked?
I haven't seen any updates.
I'm just as anxious for DDB2 as a lot of other people on the internet, but just be patient... It's not easy making a program, (That works) on your own in between life...

owned645

Smash Cadet
I'm just as anxious for DDB2 as a lot of other people on the internet, but just be patient... It's not easy making a program, (That works) on your own in between life...
I realize that. And I am being patient. I just like to hear how the project is coming along, you know?

n64billy

Smash Ace
I realize that. And I am being patient. I just like to hear how the project is coming along, you know?
Of course I know... But do realise that progress will be posted as it is made... no need to ask for it.

(ANYWAYS)

I'm going to try that alternate method with 3DS on KC if I have time later

Akari_Un

Smash Apprentice
Espero que sean pacientes, como ya lo mencione, estoy trabajando duro en esto, pero tampoco puedo dedicarle todo el dia, tengo un trabajo, y otras cosas que hacer, y bueno, algunos dias simplemente la flojera no deja hacer nada y en otras ocaciones me distraigo, probando, mas de el tiempo que uno tiene planeado, aqui una imagen que es con el que he estado probando la DDB y la prueba de que esta funcionando.

owned645

Smash Cadet
That looks awesome! And it's awesome that it works. Bravo on your progress.

Top Bottom