• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DASC with ROB

TheMike

Smash Lord
JJ posted about it at the Q&A Thread and if i'm not right, nobody answered his question =P
Maybe a thread for this nice AT could be better and here we should discuss 2 things:

- ROB's best DASC option
- DASC influencing at ROB's Metagame

For the ones that don't know what DASC is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S54mPByImY0

So... discuss! ^^

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
What's with the :(? ROB's a simple character and he has a simple yet very effective followup to this tactic.

Sudai

Stuff here
You guys are forgetting something. This is doable at the ledge of the stage as well as at the ledge of a platform.

Lead into it with some kind of shield string (like Jab > DTilt > Jab > DASC or Jab > Jab > DASC or w/e. This shouldn't be the place for me to cover on shield strings. <.<) and lead from that into a jab lock.

I'd have to test to see if it's possible (using OS's late landing UAir idea to start a jab lock on the way down so they can't jump/tech away or just normally starting a jab lock) since I'm just theorizing and have no Wii atm. If it doesn't work, Shield String > DASC > BAir/UAir is probably a better options than DASC > FSJ > DAir in this situation. ;]

BAir - High percents, push someone off stage. Woo. You know.
UAir - It'll cancel before it's over and lead into UTilt/USmash if you do it right.

You silly n00bs. Not trying to apply an AT in all situations possible. :p

Disclaimer: Sudai perceives DASC to be useful in..-maybe- 2% of the situations presented by the game.

buenob

Smash Lord
query : can someone like marth, if they are expecting it, up-b from the falling animation and hit you before you can a) footstool or b) do a move?

if it turns out that the startup animation is too long to reliably hit our opponent, maybe footstool dair is the only option...

stingers

Smash Obsessed
dash attack their shield and start a dtilt lock on platforms
dash attack their shield and footstool -> dair over the ledge

Top Bottom