• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Darkrai for Brawl! and The Darkrai Dimension by Pyr0.

Darkrai will be in SSBB as a...

• Total voters

MysticKenji

Smash Master
Yeah, I honestly don't think so.

Everyone, Darkrai has yet to be revealed to the public. There are many people who know about his existence, but Darkrai has yet to be revealed to the public, although many people know of it's existence though, it's still unannounced, and that is why Darkrai's appareance is unlikely.

In fact, with that said, Darkrai is extremely likely to NEVER be featured in Brawl, as a sticker, AT, and most certainly not playable.

Sorry, but if you're rooting for him, you might as well throw in the towel.

I wish people actually did some research...

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I might be able to except Darkrai if it were possible for ME to get him...

...But since I don't see that happening, I don't support him

Black/Light

Smash Master
Darkia's Movie is, according to Gonintendo, very much likely to be in the top 10 movies of the year for Japan seeing as it has made like 40MILL which is the highest of any movie dealing with DP pokemon (as in, the last 2 movies).

And all this "it aint been released to the public" bs should stop. The Japanese people who went to see his movie with their DS and DP copies got him just for coming:ohwell:. And was Roy in a game when Melee came out?

(Oh, and all the 4th gen pokemon known early like Weavil/ Buizal(sp) and etc all got show cased in Pokemon MD in some why. . . nothing too great imo)

If Sakurai puts Darkrai in Brawl (which is HIGHLY unlikely for a number of reasons), then I assume that he will be a Poke Ball, like Deoxys. However, I don't think he'll actually be in Brawl because:

1. The 10th Pokemon movie hasn't been shown stateside, so hardly anyone in Pokemon's target audience would even know of Darkrai's existence.

2. Sakurai has shown proof that he likes retro. He will probably bring in more characters from past games rather than bring in characters from any new games. Unfortunately, it might mean that we won't see Lucario in the game. (That makes me sad. T_T)
1. Marth had been there forever and he wasn't shown to the stateside. Also, Roy hadn't even been in a game yet.

Anyway, i hope lucario doesn't get in by any means necessary. If that means no 4th gen representation, then so be it

I wish people actually did some research...
Lol yeah does it really that much of an effort to type darkrai into google before posting?

xianfeng

Smash Hero
Uh... Darkrai is newer? Even though they're both 4th gen Pokemon?

Great job, dude.
Lucario was revealed first.

The only Pokemon that really applies to being older than the rest of its generation is like, Ho-Oh. Maybe.
What about Munchlax it was playable as a character before D/P was even released!

And plus, there's the added benefit that Darkrai's a legendary, although I suppose that argument only holds a little bit of weight.
Being a legendary doesn't help a character's chances AT ALL.

think his only chance would be to replace Mewtwo - Which I would appreciate, Mewtwo was never one of my favorite characters, which sucks b/c I was so excited to play as him. Oh well.
This guy has no chance whatsoever at replacing Mewtwo.

but red and blue were the best so who's complaining?
Pokenerds

He has just as much of a chance as Lucario.
Except for the fact that not nearly as many people know who he is, he's no where near as popular and you can only get him in Japan via a special event or glitch, but yeah same chances.

is legendary (which lucario isn't)
If being Legendary helps you get in then we can assume that Mew, Zapdos, Moltres, Articuno, Celebi, Ho-Oh, Lugia, Latios, Latias, Jirachi, Deoxys, Palkia, Regice, Registeel, Regirock, Kyogre, Grouden, Rayquaza, Uxie, Mesprit, Azelf, Dialga, Heatra, Regigigas, Giratina, Cresselia, Manaphy, Shaymin and Arceus will all be playable too?

If you honestly think that Darkrai stands a good chance you are very silly.

Kecleon

Smash Rookie
Yeah, I honestly don't think so.

Everyone, Darkrai has yet to be revealed to the public. There are many people who know about his existence, but Darkrai has yet to be revealed to the public, although many people know of it's existence though, it's still unannounced, and that is why Darkrai's appareance is unlikely.

In fact, with that said, Darkrai is extremely likely to NEVER be featured in Brawl, as a sticker, AT, and most certainly not playable.

Sorry, but if you're rooting for him, you might as well throw in the towel.
darkrai has already been introduced in japan. he has his own movie. do some research next time plzkthnxbai.
Yeah, Dialga Vs. Palkia Vs. Darkrai, but let me ask something, has it been released in America yet? Has it even been announced, no, so your entire little statement there fails SO HARD I feel like laughing, and chances are, I know hell of a lot more than you do 'bout Pokemon than you do.

If Sakurai puts Darkrai in Brawl (which is HIGHLY unlikely for a number of reasons), then I assume that he will be a Poke Ball, like Deoxys. However, I don't think he'll actually be in Brawl because:

1. The 10th Pokemon movie hasn't been shown stateside, so hardly anyone in Pokemon's target audience would even know of Darkrai's existence.

2. Sakurai has shown proof that he likes retro. He will probably bring in more characters from past games rather than bring in characters from any new games. Unfortunately, it might mean that we won't see Lucario in the game. (That makes me sad. T_T)
See everyone? This guy's got the right idea. It's not that I don't like him, I love Darkrai, it's that it hasn't had it's movie released or announced, and it hasn't been publically revealed on Pokemon.com or whatever, so yeah, Darkrai is almost guranteed no spots on Brawl.

Pyr0

Smash Ace
I see the number of Darkrai supporters is growing, I like that.

In thread news:

Counter-counter-arguments will be updated into the main post in a few hours.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
just as much of a cha]nce as lucario .
How? Lucario is more popular, well known, better suited for Brawl, been revealed for a LOT longer. You can't obtain him at all unless in the Japanese version you abuse a glitch or get him from a special event. He stands no chance at all.

Darkrai is one of the best on my team too.
How may I ask did you get him?

tirkaro

Smash Champion

Kirby knight

Smash Lord
Quote:
Originally Posted by xianfeng
How? Lucario is more popular,

Quote:
well known, better suited for Brawl,

samurai goroh, lyn, deoxys.
Quote:
been revealed for a LOT longer.

Quote:
You can't obtain him at all unless in the Japanese version you abuse a glitch or get him from a special event.

online trading.
Quote:
He stands no chance at all.

pokemon trainer.
Thanks for providing counter arguments for Darkrai just there.

-Knight

Pyr0

Smash Ace
Easy fellas easy!
Don't start a flamewar please!

the counter-counter-arguments are almost done (in fact, the last 4 or so post helped me out)
I'm just typing a few more, checking spelling and other random stuff.

pineappleupsetshark

Smash Journeyman
Darkrai? Lol.
It got popular right after its movie was released.
But it had no fanbase at the end of 2006. Only now is there any reason for it to be in Brawl.
Whatever.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
pokemon trainer.
Pokemon trainer has always been important to the series, Darkrai never has been. PT has been the only playable character in Pokemon, they used the FR/LG RBY yellow version of the Pokemon Trainer probably because it was the original and the best, most recognisable and Sakurai seems to prefer the first gen.

online trading.
I sincerly doubt that a Japanese person would trade their Darkrai, their special event Darkrai to some random american. Unless of course there is a cloning cheat in D/P.

Deoxys is from a different generation, and therefore irrelivant.

samurai goroh, lyn, deoxys.
Well Lyn was never that popular, Micaiah, Black Knight, Ike, Marth and Sigurd at least were always suggested before her and viewed as more likely, chances are no F-Zero character aside from Captain Falcon will be in and why do you keep referring to Deoxys like he was the most popular pokemon choice for everyone. Lucario and Blaizken have always had a bigger following than him.

Deoxys isn't the most popular choice from the third generation, Blaizken is (but I despise Blaizken).

It would be lucky to be a pokeball.

Shuma

Smash Hero
Deoxis didn't have a large fanbase, his fanbase was smaller than Lucario's and Blaziken's, and those 2 characters fanbase are very small compared to many other characters.

Black/Light

Smash Master
Yeah, Dialga Vs. Palkia Vs. Darkrai, but let me ask something, has it been released in America yet? Has it even been announced, no, so your entire little statement there fails SO HARD I feel like laughing, and chances are, I know hell of a lot more than you do 'bout Pokemon than you do.
. . .What are you talking about? It's "officially" out in Japan and from what I remember Roy wasn't even in a game before Melee came out so thats moot.
And who cares about his movie being released here? It's going to be a DVD only movie just like all the ones after the first 2-3 or it's going to be on the CN channel like the last 2:ohwell:.

Black/Light

Smash Master
Deoxis didn't have a large fanbase, his fanbase was smaller than Lucario's and Blaziken's, and those 2 characters fanbase are very small compared to many other characters.
Correct, but he was popular and most people saw him as a "shoe-in" seeing as Blaze's and Lucario's "hype" dropped on other forums I'v been to.

He was, from what I know, always in the top 3 pokemon US picks for brawl.

I sincerly doubt that a Japanese person would trade their Darkrai, their special event Darkrai to some random american. Unless of course there is a cloning cheat in D/P.
You can still get it none the les:ohwell:. It's unlikely that you will get a legal one but it can still happen.:ohwell:

Deoxys is from a different generation, and therefore irrelivant.
I think it's relivant. Even if you don't, just look at Muchlex. . . it was the very first 4th gen known and hella popular in Japan.

Black/Light

Smash Master
If you seriously think that Darkrai has an equal chance as Lucario to be playable you are dilusional.
. . . .Who are you talking to?:ohwell:

And I go many by the "yes or no - 50/50" saying when I talk about "chances".

Either he is in or not. . . can't get much 50/50 than that.

pineappleupsetshark

Smash Journeyman
Either it's in as playable, in as PokeBall, in as trophy, in as boss, in as sticker, or in as background character. Or, you know, not in at all.
It's more complicated than 50/50.

Aeronite's Kiseki

Smash Journeyman
Actually i wouldn't mind seeing Darkrai and/or Lucario because they bring something cool to fighting

Lucario as a fighting type and Darkrai being a pure Dark type which would be totally shweet!!...

Now, after whats happening i think Lucario will be unlockable and Darkrai a PBall Pokemon because there's too much Pokemon representation already

Shuma

Smash Hero
I equally hate all 3rd to 4th generation pokemons, but if one of them gets in, i hope it's Lucario, at least he doesn't look utterly ********.

Black/Light

Smash Master
Either it's in as playable, in as PokeBall, in as trophy, in as boss, in as sticker, or in as background character. Or, you know, not in at all.
It's more complicated than 50/50.
. . .No it's actually not. When talking about " the chances of it being playable" theres a 50-50 chance as in either it's playable or not. Weather or not it's in the game as a non-playable form of any manner at all results in it not being playable and really doesn't matter in such a talk.

Black/Light

Smash Master
Only the first two were in the movies, because the show lost most of it's fanbase after that.
It didn't "lose it's fan-base", the hype just went down and cooled off.
And the UK got the 3rd in the movies which is most likely what I remember hearing about it being the last one outside of Japan to be in the movies.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
It didn't "lose it's fan-base", the hype just went down and cooled off.
And the UK got the 3rd in the movies which is most likely what I remember hearing about it being the last one outside of Japan to be in the movies.
So about 70% of the audiance not watching any more isn't losing it's fanbase?

tirkaro

Smash Champion
oh, and one other thing: deoxys was never legally obtainable in pokemon R/S. he was made avalible in emerald/firered/leafgreen. putting darkrai in brawl could also be a way to promote the 3rd 4th gen game, if he is attainable there, which he most likely will be.
but, y'know thats just me, carry on ._.

Black/Light

Smash Master
So about 70% of the audiance not watching any more isn't losing it's fanbase?
Umm, show me proof that 70% of them stopped liking pokemon please. (Im talking about the games. . . ya know, the series that in only 10 years became the 2nd highest selling video game series on earth RIGHT on the tail of Mario).

The 2nd movie didn't do as well as the first which is part of the reason they stopped doing the movies. . . if 70% of the pokemon fans stopped looking at the show altogether than it wouldn't have been on in the US for this long nor would the game series be at the point it is now if you where refering to the series.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Wait, what exactly does Lucario have in terms of getting in that Darkrai doesn't? Is it just more awareness in non-Japan countries? (To be fair though, most Pokemon players do know who Darkrai is, and it's really only the non-internet savy people)

Black/Light

Smash Master
Wait, what exactly does Lucario have in terms of getting in that Darkrai doesn't? Is it just more awareness in non-Japan countries? (To be fair though, most Pokemon players do know who Darkrai is, and it's really only the non-internet savy people)
. . . I don't really get it myself. Most non-net savy US pokemon fans wouldn't have known wth Lucario was untill this year seeing as the movie and the DP games JUST came out here earlyer this year (the 8th movie had crap advertizement here so Im counting the CN showing of the movie).

"It's been out longer! Just look at Pokemon MD. . ." All the 4th gen pokemon known at that time had a role in that game. Plus Munch was the very first known 4th gen pokemon and now look at it. . .

"Darkrai hasn't been officially released here and there for stands no chance!"
It's been officially out in Japan and it's movie is a shoe-in to be in Japan's top 10 movies of 07 at the end of the year (which is the best any DP movie has done so for). Plus, was Roy even in a game before melee came out? Don't understand this point. . .

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I doubt that because they couldn't get online to find out...Hell, I wouldn't even know there was any past the available in game if I hadn't gone online to look up something

Top Bottom