• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DANTEBAYO.w Feb 10th presented by JoeMichael and Rice

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
Well, I've made some calls. Hopefully I can get everything figured out and get this tourney rolling for this Saturday. Several people have already said they can't make it on the 3rd (and I'm probably one of them.) so this saturday is the best time to do it. I'll keep people updated with what I find out, when I find it out.

Felix15c

Smash Journeyman
I just talked to Riceburner and he said he's good with moving it to Gamelot. I asked him to contact drew to have the info changed (or it might be a better idea to contact him and post it here so they're not just going off my word RB)

But here is the specific change

Its on Bandera and Huebner on the corner with the Church's Chicken.

Me and Riceburner couldn't come to an agreement on exactly what the entry fee would be on the the phone. But the most expensive it will be is $10 per tournament and a $5 entry fee (which is in fact cheaper). Although it sounds like I'm gonna show RB the place tomorow or Friday and we'll have the price thing pounded out for sure by then.

And the only other change is the time it opens and closes, which i'm not sure exactly when he opens but I'm sure he'll be open at noon. And he's willing to stay open later than his standard time for tournaments so that won't be an issue.

Hope that clears up any confusion.

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
Yea, I just got off the phone with Rice and he told me basically what Felix just posted. Rice should get on here and make a post of his own soon. it looks like everything is still good to go. :)

jmplaysitachi329

Smash Cadet
Sorry sorry guys, I was just update by Rice TODAY THAT WE CAN'T RENT THE PLACE

I AM VERY VERY SORRY FOR THE INCONVIENCE THIS IS FOR YOU GUYS.
BASICALLY THE OWNERS OF THE PLACE SCREWED US OVER!!!

I have heard suggestions on running it at a different place, but I do not want to throw it there with such late notice. Please understand 3 days is not enough for me to plan for it.

For people that requested off from the work my apoligies, I am so sorry.

SOLUTION:
We plan on moving the date to Febuary 10, 2007 Saturday. THIS IS DEFINTIE AND FOR SURE. WE ARE GUARENTEED THE PLACE.

DREW I AM SORRY FOR THIS PLEASE CHANGE THE DATE TO FEBUARY 10 AND YOU CAN GIVE ME WARNINGS IF YOU WANT.

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
I've already offered to help Rice run this if JM is unwilling to. Felix has offered to help as well as the Gamealot Staff. it's still plenty feasible to run it on the 27th. it's ultimately up to Rice tho. Also, Gamealot is cheaper and bigger as previously stated.

tsetse

Smash Lord
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=92897

Tough, guys but it happens. Running tourneys can......... no is very demanding sometimes, so I understand that sometimes issues pop up that are out of control. So i am sorry to here that.

So if you guys still want to go to a pretty big tourney then come to the Valley we will be having a tourney that same day. I can house at least 12 people maybe more if you dont mind sleeping on the floor. I mean you guys ahd already planned on going to a tourney anyways. Plus the number 3-4 ranked player in Mexico (don't know how much that counts for) will be attending our tourney. He is from monterey, and part of the best crew in mex. he practices with The Best 2 guys in Mexico. "The Twins"

two vids of the twins.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXUR9XfO_zU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dlj8kTH5mZo

uglywombat2004

Smash Lord
Crap...well, even if there is going to be another JM tourney on the 10th we should still HOST a tourney at Gamelot so people can see the place seeing as alot planned to come down this weekend.

SO Eithe rmake another thread, or get this clarified...

Shiro Kageryu

Smash Journeyman
I believe it would be a better financial decision to hold the the tourny at Gamelot. Also, this will please the out of towners that worked very hard to reserve their weekend off. Hopefully this shall not upset them.

Also continuing on the finances: not only will it be cheaper for the host, but it will also include the participants.

I'd also like to suggest perhaps a last minute vote be taken in order to decide on how many would favor this proposal. Let's actually try diplomacy for once :D

oncearunner

Smash Apprentice
okay cool
so its the tenth, now i dont have to worry about getting off work for this
bbut i shall for the 10th, thanks for the warning and now i can work this weekedn and make some moneyz

Felix15c

Smash Journeyman
Ok.... Finally gonna get all the confusion out of the way. The thing is since there was so little time I already went ahead and confirmed it with Gamelot that we were gonna have a tourney.

I called Riceburner and we're(Riceburner and I) gonna have a tourney at Gamelot this saturday.

JM will still host his tournament as he pleases on the 10th. So there are gonna be 2 tournaments using the same format.

And because Riceburner and I are so sorry for all the confusion. We aren't going to have an entry fee. Gamelot will take a small cut of the entry fees (less than %20) the prize pool will be slightly smaller but the tournaments will be significantly cheaper.

EDIT: Drew, I'll go ahead and make a new thread for this seperate... but same tourney so you don't have to change this one AGAIN.

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
It sure is blue, especially since JF just posted.

Lol should be "Feb 10th(date may change...repeatedly)"
What's that supposed to mean?

And yea, I would like to go to some sort of tourney this weekend.

And I'd rather go to gamealot regardless of when the tourney is. It's cheaper and it sounds like more fun.

RiceBurner

Smash Cadet
Okay peoples, after talking to my partner JM and with a lot of other people, I'm making this decision on my own. I am going to host a tourny this Saturday AND On February 10th.

JM is my one and only partner. I would feel awful if I hosted a huge tourny without him. So this Saturday, I will be setting up at the location the Smash Alot tourny was held out, but I will take no credit whatsoever. I do this because I feel that if this isn't done, then a lot of people who have already requested off for this weekend and don't feel like driving down to San Jose will have wasted a Saturday for no good reason. I feel that you guys don't deserve to sit at home and not enjoy yourselves (Well, Smash wise...>.>) after dedicating a Saturday out of your schedule just for JM and I.

So for the people who can't make it Feb. 10th but were planning on going to this one, there will be a tourny for you guys! Chances are, it won't be as huge as expected, but for the people who definitely can't make it to Feb. 10th, I at least open up this opportunity for you.

Keep in mind though, on Feb. 10th, there will be a huge arrangement of games. The two sub rooms allow us more control of more tournies. As it looks now, Feb. 10th will have Smash, GNT4, Tekken 5, and Gears of War. Note that I am cutting out Guilty Gear!

Please take this as a type of apology. I feel awful for the mass confusion set on the boards, and would like to give this tourny as a "I still care about the smash community...even though I'm not a smasher" type of thing. See you guys later!

Shiro Kageryu

Smash Journeyman
Should this info be posted on Willvo? o_O

and btw.....seems like diplomacy failed yet again....oh well let's go bomb sh*t now!!!

**EDIT!!**

Felix, you better get GG in that!!

AThirdParty

Smash Apprentice
I'm just going to throw it out there if anything is undecided, it will be very very good if we could still have a (at least close to as big) tourney this Sat., because as earlier stated, a lot of us did a lot to get this day off and can't get another one for a while, but it's up to the hosts obviously. Me, Sethlon, G@BE, Jake13, and Mouf are still set for this Saturday if the tournament gets back on rails.

Normally it would be natural to just call it off because of mass confusion, but we did so much planing... ... :'(

reqy

Smash Journeyman
What's that supposed to mean?

And yea, I would like to go to some sort of tourney this weekend.

And I'd rather go to gamealot regardless of when the tourney is. It's cheaper and it sounds like more fun.
wasn't tryin to start anything. just got confusing when jm said 'we couldn't rent the place' and i thought he was referring to the gamealot's place and you posted up your thing. Sorry if i offended you.

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
wasn't tryin to start anything. just got confusing when jm said 'we couldn't rent the place' and i thought he was referring to the gamealot's place and you posted up your thing. Sorry if i offended you.

I don't get offended easily. ;) :)

AThirdParty, read the 1st post of this page.

jmplaysitachi329

Smash Cadet
To Clear Up The Confusion

Problem
Originally We Set Up The Date Jan 27, 2007 Saturday. We Were Unsure About How Many People Were Going To Show Up Because Of The Lack Of Posts In The Beginning.

We Finally Got A Heads Up That People Were Coming This Week, But When We Tried To Rent Out The Place This Week The Owners Gave Us A No Because We Didn't Set It Up In A Week Advance.

Two Solutions
1) This Tournament Will Be Postponed Till Feb 10 Saturday. I Have Already Informed As Many Smashers As I Could. For The Most Part People Agree And Will Come To This One.

2) For People That Already Took This Weekend Off From Work Or School Rice B Plans To Hold A Substitute Tournament On Jan 27. Please Look At The Other Post. This Is Not Dantebayo And Has Nothing To Do With Rnj Or Me. This Is Just A Substitute.

Please Do Not Expect High Attendance For The Substitue Tournament, And Don't Expect The Same Treatment You Received From The Last Tournament.

Feb 10 Is The New Dantebayo Tournament!!!

Sorry For The Confusion, Stuff Happens And All We Can Do Is Learn From It. If Some Of You Guys Are Confused, Mad, Annoyed, You Have The Right To Be And I Sincerly Apologize. Please Choose One Of The Solutions Above. If We Have Turned You Off Please Give Us Another Chance On Feb 10, To Give You One Of The Best Video Game Tournament In San Antonio.

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
I actually have a feeling the tourney this weekend is going to be bigger than the one on the 10th. <.< And about the treatment... meh, no comment. I guess I'll just see what I think this weekend.

jmplaysitachi329

Smash Cadet
Jf sorry for my use of words meaning treatment. Meaning we have no control over this, I personally do not know who will be hosting it. Felix, you, or Rice. I do not know how this place works. The schedule and how things will work.

In the end, I just hope you guys have a great time that's it. Again sorry for the confusion.

jmplaysitachi329

Smash Cadet
I am not familiar with this place. I rather have someone host a tournament there that is more familiar how the place works.

I have a job like you Jf and I also go to school. My schedule is busy, and I already planned for the Jan 27th. Things came up all of a sudden last night that I had no control over. I do not have the time to check up on this place, and re-organize or adjust to this new setting. Whoever has the time to do that I am pretty sure they are well capable of running a tournament in place of my post-poned tournament.

Tournament fee is important because of labor and rent for my tournaments you should understand this because you have also hosted tournaments.

I am not going to work for free either. Either way JF I want us to come to an agreement that you go to the tournament that best suits you. I want you to have a good time, as far as people if more people come to this one then I am fine with that. Whatever convience you and the other smashers.

Feb 10 will be Rice and my tournament. 10 dollars because of increase rent and for payement for people that are working and providing service to run an organized tournament for you guys.

tsetse

Smash Lord
Just come to the valley we will Host you guys appropriately plus we have been planning our tourney for as long as Rice has his. Its 2 days away.

Felix15c

Smash Journeyman
JM,

Thank you for posting your comments about our smash bros. tournament:

“Please Do Not Expect High Attendance For The Substitue Tournament, And Don't Expect The Same Treatment You Received From The Last Tournament.”

“Substitute Tournament”

“For a long time I’ve been trying to establish a consistent tournament in San Antonio. Starting January 20, there will be a tournament every 3rd Saturday of the month at Gamelot.”

It has never been our intention to replace the Dantebayo Tournaments. In creating our Smashalot tournaments we hope to bring better and greater events to the video gaming community.

“Treatment You Received”

In Assuming you are referring to the way you (JM) treated your players in previous tournaments. We will never ask our players to bring a bottle of Evian Water as the entry fee.

“PROBLEM
ORIGINALLY WE SET UP THE DATE JAN 27, 2007 SATURDAY. WE WERE UNSURE ABOUT HOW MANY PEOPLE WERE GOING TO SHOW UP BECAUSE OF THE LACK OF POSTS IN THE BEGINNING.”

Our Smashalot tournaments are on a guaranteed schedule. We are happy to invite everyone to participate in our tournament on the third Saturday of every month.

WE FINALLY GOT A HEADS UP THAT PEOPLE WERE COMING THIS WEEK, BUT WHEN WE TRIED TO RENT OUT THE PLACE THIS WEEK THE OWNERS GAVE US A NO BECAUSE WE DIDN'T SET IT UP IN A WEEK ADVANCE.

There was sufficient posts on the Smashboards Forum prior to the above post to have arranged the rent for the Family Center. It was your failure as a tournament organizer and not the responsibility of the posters to confirm the location.

To all of our friends that have participated at Smashalot 1 and Smashalot v1.5 thank you very much and we hope to see you again on February 17th.

RiceBurner

Smash Cadet
JM,

Thank you for posting your comments about our smash bros. tournament:

“Please Do Not Expect High Attendance For The Substitue Tournament, And Don't Expect The Same Treatment You Received From The Last Tournament.”

“Substitute Tournament”

“For a long time I’ve been trying to establish a consistent tournament in San Antonio. Starting January 20, there will be a tournament every 3rd Saturday of the month at Gamelot.”

It has never been our intention to replace the Dantebayo Tournaments. In creating our Smashalot tournaments we hope to bring better and greater events to the video gaming community.

“Treatment You Received”

In Assuming you are referring to the way you (JM) treated your players in previous tournaments. We will never ask our players to bring a bottle of Evian Water as the entry fee.

“PROBLEM
ORIGINALLY WE SET UP THE DATE JAN 27, 2007 SATURDAY. WE WERE UNSURE ABOUT HOW MANY PEOPLE WERE GOING TO SHOW UP BECAUSE OF THE LACK OF POSTS IN THE BEGINNING.”

Our Smashalot tournaments are on a guaranteed schedule. We are happy to invite everyone to participate in our tournament on the third Saturday of every month.

WE FINALLY GOT A HEADS UP THAT PEOPLE WERE COMING THIS WEEK, BUT WHEN WE TRIED TO RENT OUT THE PLACE THIS WEEK THE OWNERS GAVE US A NO BECAUSE WE DIDN'T SET IT UP IN A WEEK ADVANCE.

There was sufficient posts on the Smashboards Forum prior to the above post to have arranged the rent for the Family Center. It was your failure as a tournament organizer and not the responsibility of the posters to confirm the location.

To all of our friends that have participated at Smashalot 1 and Smashalot v1.5 thank you very much and we hope to see you again on February 17th.
Err, Felix...I think you kinda misunderstood JM. Please allow me to clarify.

JM didn't try to refer your Smashalot tournies as a substitute for our tournies. I think he was trying to say that only this Saturday's tourny would be a sub since, well it was a sub. It was a different location for the originally planned tournament on January 27th, 2007. We know you're not trying to replace us, never crossed our mind.

As far as treatment, he had explained this to JF. Treatment was a bad choice of words. Organization and schedule would have been more accurate. Now, no offense, but as you said yourself, yesterday's tourny was a bit unorganized. I'm not blaming you, because it's not your fault. It's our fault, and mostly mine, because I dumped today totally on you. I counted on you to take everything at the last minute, and I deeply apologize. I also want to say thank you for putting up with it and still throwing a tourny.

As far as the whole "not renting early enough", that was our fault. I had posted an apology on it in earlier posts and still apologize now. I take total blame for what happened and have learned from this grave mistake. As I said, I hope everyone doesn't let what happened turn off their thoughts about our future tournaments.

Again, thank you Felix for covering for me today. It really helped me out and I appreciate it. Hopefully, I can make it to your next tournament on Feb. 17th, I'm already excited!

Top Bottom