• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DANTEBAYO.w Feb 10th presented by JoeMichael and Rice

tsetse

Smash Lord
Actually as far as tourney go. The valley hosts major tourneys 40plus people every 2 months sometime monthly. We have been doing this for years now. We never have had anything over 80 people,but thats because no out of towners show up but we hold tournaments down here all the time. Only out of towners to ever make it down here was CC. Our biggest tourney had about 76 people.

Felix15c

Smash Journeyman
I'll try to come to this... but it looks like i won't make it in time for for the smash tourney. I'll prolly have to work till 3. So when does the guilty gear tourney start?

Also I would appreciate you not holding your next tourney the 17th cause thats when i'm hosting mine.

Also, it sounds you guys are doing lots of small tourneys. If i make it in time I'll be bringing my laptop and I don't mind making the brackets for some of them.

RiceBurner

Smash Cadet
I'll try to come to this... but it looks like i won't make it in time for for the smash tourney. I'll prolly have to work till 3. So when does the guilty gear tourney start?

Also I would appreciate you not holding your next tourney the 17th cause thats when i'm hosting mine.
Also, it sounds you guys are doing lots of small tourneys. If i make it in time I'll be bringing my laptop and I don't mind making the brackets for some of them.
Yeah, sorry about that Felix. I just saw your thread on your sequel tournament, and I wouldn't want to steal your thunder. That's fine, only problem is my GF's bday is on Feb. 24 and mine is on the 21st, so we usually have a joint bday party. I'll talk to JM about having our next tourny in March, like the first weekend of March. As for the small tournies, here's the schedule we plan on keeping.

1:30 - 3:30
SSBM Singles Pools

4:00 - 6:30
SSBM Doubles
Naruto GNT4
Guilty Gear
Tekken 5

7:00 - 9:30
SSBM Singles Brackets

The reason we split up the Singles Pool and the Singles Brackets is so that everyone who didn't make it out of their pool can play doubles right away instead of waiting forever or end up dropping out and leaving.

Guilty Gear, GNT4, and Tekken 5 will all be held in the two sub rooms while SSBM remains in the main room.

If you guys have any comments on this, please let me know ASAP so I can talk it over with JM.

Oh, and lastly...how many of ya'll would be interested in a Gears of War tourny?

uglywombat2004

Smash Lord
Well...I don't want to stay their till 7:00 RiceBurner.

Could it be Pools>SSBM Doubles>SSBM Singles>other games yall play?

I wanted to goto an All That Remains concert that day...

RiceBurner

Smash Cadet
Well...I don't want to stay their till 7:00 RiceBurner.

Could it be Pools>SSBM Doubles>SSBM Singles>other games yall play?

I wanted to goto an All That Remains concert that day...
Well the other games are going on the same time as doubles, seeing as a lot of the Smashers are only there for Smash. If you want, I can switch Doubles with Singles and try that again. Kind of like how it worked last tourny.

The reason I set the times like that is because I'm guessing each segment of tourny is about 2 hours 30 minutes, plus JM and I want to give you guys a 30 minute recess. Any more suggestions?

I want this tourny to be very satisfactory for everyone, so please don't be afraid to rip me a new one.

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
GAY imma miss the smash tourny :(
sighs i guess ill go for some casuals
but i will be there for naruto so i may get one of my MMs out of the way
i dunno but anyways ill just show up late is all :)

Kyle Broflovski

Smash Journeyman
Well the other games are going on the same time as doubles, seeing as a lot of the Smashers are only there for Smash. If you want, I can switch Doubles with Singles and try that again. Kind of like how it worked last tourny.

The reason I set the times like that is because I'm guessing each segment of tourny is about 2 hours 30 minutes, plus JM and I want to give you guys a 30 minute recess. Any more suggestions?

I want this tourny to be very satisfactory for everyone, so please don't be afraid to rip me a new one.
I hope you have the same amount of TV's as the last time, since if you're not considering even 3 hours for each segment. Hopefully the staff can make sure matches get done on time.

RiceBurner

Smash Cadet
Also, another thing. The staff will be a lot more strict on casuals during tourny time. We will have a mic system, and when the time comes, we will give you a notice along the lines of "All casuals need to be finished within the next five minutes. Do not start a new game," something like that. When 4 PM or 7 PM comes around, we'll go and reset all the cubes. To me, casuals were a big problem and I don't want to rush everyone out at 10PM like I did last time.

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
only prob is if they listen or not
last time there was so much casuals going on even though we said to stop all casuals
is there gonna be something for that?

jotun

Smash Ace
As for the small tournies, here's the schedule we plan on keeping.

1:30 - 3:30
SSBM Singles Pools

4:00 - 6:30
SSBM Doubles
Naruto GNT4
Guilty Gear
Tekken 5

7:00 - 9:30
SSBM Singles Brackets
the first post says it starts at 10am. Has that changed, or will there just be ~3 hours of registration and freeplay time? Would it be ok to show up at 12 or something?

artarian

Smash Journeyman
riceburner, dont listen to random people, the schedule u have is good, keep steadfast with the rules, you have good ideas in mind and they will help the tournament run more smoothly. soo good job on that, sounds like it will be even better than last time. like i said on willvo, expect all of austin to come, cuz im definitely driving down. also, can we play in smash doubles and naruto? i havent talked to JM in a while, and david never called him back so i think we accidentally left him hanging, which kind of sux on our part.....tell him im sorry, and that i love him, cuz he is super great. anyway, cya soon.

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
We better be allowed to play Naruto and SSBM doubles. I need the happy feeling of pwning in teams to wash away the sad feeling of getting pwned in Naruto. :p

RoK the Reaper

Smash Lord
Just so I know, whats the percentage of the winnings and all for first place? And is there a first, second and thrid place only? or is there more spots? Let me know.

artarian

Smash Journeyman
i figure that riceburner will post this eventually, but it was already on Willvo, so im just gonna post what they put on there cuz its pretty important.

Ryuujin said:

Due to some last second events beyond RnJ's control, we aren't able to get a hold of the usual meeting place. What Rice and I have discussed is the possibility of it being pushed back a week to February 3rd. That's the only option that seems feasible at this point. And while it doesn't seem all that hard to do, it really depends on if you guys can make it or not. Of course this notice will be posted up on the Smash Boards, but please do reply with note of whether you can make it on Feb. 3. Sorry for the inconvenience this has cause anyone.

Better you find out now than the day before or the day of.

The thread will be updated, or we'll make a new one that everyone will notice.

Any questions, IM an RnJ member (namely Rice) or JM, or reply on the threads of course.

Dr Drew the Dragon

BRoomer
BRoomer
Ok i changed the title so hopefully everyone can find out soon.

someone can PM me when they get a date again and I'll change the title again to reflect that.

uglywombat2004

Smash Lord
Why don't we host it at Gamelot, that place was bigger than the place yall were gonna HOST it, and entry fee is cheaper. its like 5.

Ask them, contact FELIX!!! I WANT TOURNEY!

AThirdParty

Smash Apprentice
Thank you Artarian for the early notice. I'm disappointed about the tournament though, if it's just a venue problem then there might be a way around it though... ...

Felix15c

Smash Journeyman
Thanks for the suggestion Wombat. I contacted Gamelot, and if you guys want, you can hold the tournament at Gamelot THIS SATURDAY!!! You won't have to change the date, prices or time but you can lower the entry fee to $5 (or arrange something else with Gamelot) and it won't really be an entry fee per say, it'll just be an initial tournament fee. Prices and times won't have to change. But I need confirmation from JM or Riceburner ASAP.

Top Bottom