• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dancing Blade Question

Zyzyx77

Smash Cadet
When attempting to recover, how many DB's can u use before they stop giving you a vertical boost?:confused:

I'm asking this because when I go looking around, some ppl say 1, some say 3, and some say 5.
If some1 can clarify this for me that would be REALLY nice!;)

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
1 gives you verticle boost

2 give stall time but no real boost

after that they send you downward.

AceDudeyeah

Smash Ace
1 gives you verticle boost

2 give stall time but no real boost

after that they send you downward.
what sveet?
where'd you hear that?

Feels like the 1st is the only one that is different, 2nd and on are the same with their minimal effect.

DJMirror

Smash Master
you dont need to make threads like this

you can just make a post in the "ask cactuar thread"

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
what sveet?
where'd you hear that?

Feels like the 1st is the only one that is different, 2nd and on are the same with their minimal effect.
technically, the first one only gives you vertical boost and the 2nd+ do send you down, however all of the ones after the 3rd will actually stop/slow your horizontal movement.

Eon the Wolf

Smash Ace
NNID
Ethinial
Essentially yes. It MIGHT help if you do it a third time....But meh :/. Sometimes going beyond the expected 'limit' can yield surprisingly useful benefits.

skrach8

Smash Lord
ok let me clarify some things.

1.The first forward b adds a multiplier effect to the momentum going up and will stop most, if not all of the "gravity".

2. Every forward b after that will slow down ur vertical distance going down.

3. The more horizontal distance u have...(DI)... the better the 2+ forward b's maintain horizontal distance. Simple slope formula. Spamming makes you drop faster in ratio to horizontal distance.

Top Bottom