• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dallas/Fort Worth! - www.twitch.tv/tourneylocator at 7pm on Thursdays

DiSQO_BuNNY

Smash Lord
NNID
DisqoBunny
Chase main? Ima friend of his friend, and were all kinda friends. We play hackey sack :D

**** diddy. You're dropping DK. Africa is dying

:phone:

NeoBatou

Smash Ace
Zigsta and Batou in low tier dubs?

It's like ordering 10 shots of vodka, getting that great buzz but not getting drunk....IT'S THAT AWESOME....and the great thing is that there's no hangover afterwards :D

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
Why would you be happy not to be drunk after 10 shots of Vodka?
If you have 10 shots, you're tryin' hard to get drunk. I'd be pissed if I were no further than buzzed after that, haha.

AeroLink and Brettster in LT dubs?
That's like... (for the opposing team...)
Having 20 shots. Of every liquor you can name. Each. And no hangover in the morning, because you're dead.

Neon!

Smash Lord
I'm not sure why everyone wanted to change mains after this tournament (including myself)
I'll give it 2 weeks for most of you (for me it was only 24 hours)

Swaka if you main dk now though, I would be very happy :)

DiSQO_BuNNY

Smash Lord
NNID
DisqoBunny
Swaka, main diddy and you'll see. Not only does it require patience, but major adaptation skills, skills that mean changing for every single player/character there is. Diddy may be a ***** to you now, but learn patterns and what to do, and you shut down a lot of options. Learn to punish those options, and you've beat the diddy. It's a lot of pressure for a diddy to constantly improve, trying not to get learned by his opponents, or his bananas back in his face. Patience and ****, it gets frustrating. I'm not saying it's as difficult as low tier, or it just might be. The thing is, it's work. And I showed up pretty late. Barely learned things other diddys wouldn't and still won't tell me, and I've got a lot more to learn. You pick up diddy, you see how much you get beat, and you tell me whether I have an excuse or not to switch.

knuckles213

Smash Ace
I'm not sure why everyone wanted to change mains after this tournament (including myself)
I'll give it 2 weeks for most of you (for me it was only 24 hours)

Swaka if you main dk now though, I would be very happy :)
I know it would make you proud to see me using DK, but I gotta stay fox cause hes been with me since the beginning of smash (1999). I'll keep Dk around cause I see a lot of potential with him. its a lot easier to go against K-bot's ICs with DK then fox/olimar cause I haven't mastered them yet.

DiSQO_BuNNY

Smash Lord
NNID
DisqoBunny
I know it would make you proud to see me using DK, but I gotta stay fox cause hes been with me since the beginning of smash (1999). I'll keep Dk around cause I see a lot of potential with him. its a lot easier to go against K-bot's ICs with DK then fox/olimar cause I haven't mastered them yet.
Diddy is great for ics. Just pick up diddy

Neon!

Smash Lord
Bowser is a much worse character but has simpler options in general for punishing (up-b/jside-b everything) so I see where you're going with this.

Some people like myself actually develop an emotional attachment to their main which makes it very hard to quit, I know I'm not the only one who has encountered this.

knuckles213

Smash Ace
Swaka, main diddy and you'll see. Not only does it require patience, but major adaptation skills, skills that mean changing for every single player/character there is. Diddy may be a ***** to you now, but learn patterns and what to do, and you shut down a lot of options. Learn to punish those options, and you've beat the diddy. It's a lot of pressure for a diddy to constantly improve, trying not to get learned by his opponents, or his bananas back in his face. Patience and ****, it gets frustrating. I'm not saying it's as difficult as low tier, or it just might be. The thing is, it's work. And I showed up pretty late. Barely learned things other diddys wouldn't and still won't tell me, and I've got a lot more to learn. You pick up diddy, you see how much you get beat, and you tell me whether I have an excuse or not to switch.

I have used diddy before (when I wasn't on the competitive scene in 2008), I actually liked him, but using him I felt as if I couldn't go as far, but after looking at teir list (2010) and Gnes; diddy can ****. Fox is heavily nerfed in this game that is pisses me the **** off cause he can't do it on his own nor have moves that actually help (that why we have secondaries), diddy can at least win tournys. Its really is the skill of the player that pushes the character to the limit, it may take a while to do so, but you gotta put the time into that character endless nights and wasted hours; you just don't have enough faith in yourself as a diddy user. especially MK users that want to win, but cant do with any other character. I dont give **** if MK is the best character, I pick a character I really like and get good with them and WIN! Have you seen the fox boards they are **** and mostly inactive most the time, I've seen the diddy board they make diddy seen like he can **** the **** out of other characters and they are active. don't even get me started on the Link and TL boards.

when it comes to smash bros you gotta have the patience of a Jedi.

DiSQO_BuNNY

Smash Lord
NNID
DisqoBunny
I have used diddy before (when I wasn't on the competitive scene in 2008), I actually liked him, but using him I felt as if I couldn't go as far, but after looking at teir list (2010) and Gnes; diddy can ****. Fox is heavily nerfed in this game that is pisses me the **** off cause he can't do it on his own nor have moves that actually help (that why we have secondaries), diddy can at least win tournys. Its really is the skill of the player that pushes the character to the limit, it may take a while to do so, but you gotta put the time into that character endless nights and wasted hours; you just don't have enough faith in yourself as a diddy user. especially MK users that want to win, but cant do with any other character. I dont give **** if MK is the best character, I pick a character I really like and get good with them and WIN! Have you seen the fox boards they are **** and mostly inactive most the time, I've seen the diddy board they make diddy seen like he can **** the **** out of other characters and they are active. don't even get me started on the Link and TL boards.

I don't think you get what I'm saying. Play diddy COMPETITIVELY and you'll see how much work it takes.

NeoBatou

Smash Ace

It's a long rough road for us all....and when you get emotionally attached to a character your well familiar with, it's hard to find solace in another character choice.

I've been told up and down to drop C. Falcon for someone else....but do you know how satisfying it is to knock out tough opponents in tournament with a low tier when they are using Dedede/IC/Marth and Wario/MK especially? It feels great. I feel as if I surpassed common jargon crap and won with skill, patience and overcoming great odds.....

But it's hard...its very hard because let's face it, Captain Falcon is a really limited character. However I've beaten the best and if I can show people that you don't need to have a sh*tload of tools to be good in brawl....then I know i'm doing it right.

knuckles213

Smash Ace
I don't think you get what I'm saying. Play diddy COMPETITIVELY and you'll see how much work it takes.

Yes, I understand your fustration at your character, but that not a reason to quit them(reguardless if you have been attach to them for a long time). probably not going to cause the way diddy play doesn't feel natural plus I want to become best fox and the way fox plays feels natural (this is where I wont use falco cause he doesn't have what it takes, he fun use sometimes for being flashy and showing off, but always fails me when use him seriously), but I will play you in diddy dittos. characters like diddy, snake, TL, and etc that require a lot of use of tools/B-button tech in when fighting that I cant use cause I'm more of a combo/arcade fighter person. I want to fight, not camp, not time, nor gay others with moves/tools that are like "WTF" why am I dealing with this. My diddy probably wont use bananas. In smash their are 3 types of characters: B-button characters (tool users), A-button/C-stick character (fighters), and Grab button character. I'm have A-button/C-stick character and Grab button character, I will use specials for mix-ups or for recovery.

But seriously man, I don't want to see you get discourage from using diddy and not succeding, personally diddy is you and fits your character withe way you act

Once you start play competitively you see thing from a different eye and somewhat suck the fun out the game.

Man, Melee didn't have to put up with this crap.

knuckles213

Smash Ace
It's a long rough road for us all....and when you get emotionally attached to a character your well familiar with, it's hard to find solace in another character choice.

I've been told up and down to drop C. Falcon for someone else....but do you know how satisfying it is to knock out tough opponents in tournament with a low tier when they are using Dedede/IC/Marth and Wario/MK especially? It feels great. I feel as if I surpassed common jargon crap and won with skill, patience and overcoming great odds.....

But it's hard...its very hard because let's face it, Captain Falcon is a really limited character. However I've beaten the best and if I can show people that you don't need to have a sh*tload of tools to be good in brawl....then I know i'm doing it right.
Yes, I agree some character doing have it harder than others, but the victory is so much greater

AeroLink_the_SoulMaster

Let's rock, baby!
Yup I'm really dropping diddy.

BS

Because you touch yourself at night.
lol

Are you serious? I invade SA hoping to come back to somethin' cool, but I come back to know I'll be banned in the morning? This some ol' bull.
Get wrecked. xD

dude me and ALSM have more reasons to drop our mains than you so I don't wanna hear it. He put lot of time in to link and same goes for my fox.
I put in like 3 years and still counting with Link. I'm waiting for those low tier events to happen. :)

Why would you be happy not to be drunk after 10 shots of Vodka?
If you have 10 shots, you're tryin' hard to get drunk. I'd be pissed if I were no further than buzzed after that, haha.

AeroLink and Brettster in LT dubs?
That's like... (for the opposing team...)
Having 20 shots. Of every liquor you can name. Each. And no hangover in the morning, because you're dead.
Link and Zelda FTW.

You think Bowser would be any different? Or Sonic? lmao, you have to work your *** off regardless of what character you choose, including Meta Knight. Real talk.

Bowser is a much worse character but has simpler options in general for punishing (up-b/jside-b everything) so I see where you're going with this.

Some people like myself actually develop an emotional attachment to their main which makes it very hard to quit, I know I'm not the only one who has encountered this.
I've obviously encountered this. I had to look within and decide what I wanted from this game and the reasons why.

Main Link for a month, then switch back to Diddy; then you'll see the difference in success in tournament regardless of how much work it takes. I don't think it's a character problem, you main one of the best characters in the game, it's an effort problem. If it's too much work for you, then maybe you shouldn't play competitively; just play for fun, and don't worry about losing too much.

Also, Swaka let me know when you get those vids uploaded from this past weekend.

DiSQO_BuNNY

Smash Lord
NNID
DisqoBunny
I could really care less about all our character struggles. I said that everyone has it hard already. Diddy is a different kind of hard, which I'm pretty sure, every character is difficult in there own ways. I'm pretty sure it's not an effort problem, so be careful about who you're telling that to. And never say real talk again...

My god I didn't need a million lectures from all of you. ****.

knuckles213

Smash Ace
FOR THE HoM3 Nov 12

Denti - I need olimar training and practice

Infinity - I need MARF! practice

Neon - I gotta learn more DK from the master and need peach training

ALSM - I need more MK, falco, and TL training (no camping please)

Disqo - your the best Diddy I've play(cant beat yet), so I need practice. plus get that diddy ditto going

K-bot - gonna need more ICs/ROB/D3 practice

Xeven - gonna need lucario practice

also who has a good snake/wario/pika/kirby/ZZS/sonic/G&W?

DiSQO_BuNNY

Smash Lord
NNID
DisqoBunny
My Kirby is alright, and my snake is fundamentally okay, I can't prepare you for razer or nothin. You ain't gettin no diddy practice from me, I dropped em.

BlinkIV

Avenger
Bro I got you on Falco/Lucario. Its much more intense than just the simple blaster camping and chain grab. And yeah, maybe we can get some work in at Batou's tourney.

Top Bottom