• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dair>Utilt is a real combo (2 consecutive hits) :D

Zeallyx

Fox mains get all the girlz
! EVERYONE PLEASE TEST THIS ON AS MUCH CHARACTERS AS POSSIBLE TO SEE ON WICH CHARACTERS THIS IS INESCAPABLE
AS SOME SECOND JUMPS/UP B'S OR MAYBE SOME CHARACTERS AIRDODGE CAN AVOID THIS, BUT IT COULD BE INESCAPABLE FOR SOME CHARECTERS !

I'LL CREATE A LIST IN THIS TOPIC HOW THIS WORKS ON ON EACH CHARACTER (ESCAPABLE/INESCAPABLE) AND WHAT PERCENTAGE THEY HAVE TO HAVE

SO TEST AS MUCH CHARACTERS AS YOU CAN

(you will be credited in the list as a tester)

again, autocancel'd Dair
it works on an enemy falcon at around 77% and it deals 27% damage

sorry for all the topics, but I thought I'd share my findings (who are new to me at least)
I would have made one topic for them, but I didn't know so many moves could be used after Dair and make a real combo XD
I'm not sure if this is new

Mit

Smash Ace
Yeah these need to be in one topic @_@ Especially since there could be even more combos to come from it.

Though have you been trying this against a variety of characters, and against human players who could do things like DI and stand up properly and whatnot?

Videos would be cool as well.

Zeallyx

Yeah these need to be in one topic @_@ Especially since there could be even more combos to come from it.

Though have you been trying this against a variety of characters, and against human players who could do things like DI and stand up properly and whatnot?

Videos would be cool as well.
yes I understand that they should be in one topic, sorry.
but yeah maybe Dair combo's into even more (I got it to combo into Uair and Bair but those were already known to my knowledge) I just found the Dair>Dsmash and the Dair>Utilt combo's so peculiar because they are escentiall combo's existing of an arial into a ground move.
I haven't tried them on humans, but I doubt it'll make a difference
I'll soon test it on humans though:) (feel free to test it yourself too) but as Dair>Knee is a combo, I don't see why these combo's (also coming from the Dair) would be escapable

I can't make a vid unfortunatly :/ but it's really easy to do these combo's yourself :)

MarTh-

Smash Apprentice
Doesn't Dair have too much knockback to get a Utilt in? This sounds like it only works on heavier characters. I'll test it more tonight, but that percent you can just Auto Cancel Dair->land--> Uair & is a true combo.

Zeallyx

Doesn't Dair have too much knockback to get a Utilt in? This sounds like it only works on heavier characters. I'll test it more tonight, but that percent you can just Auto Cancel Dair->land--> Uair & is a true combo.
I guess you mean upward knockback, so no, it depends on the percentage the opponent has :)
I only tested it on an opponent falcon though so percents will most likely vary for each character and it might not work on some characters

Zeallyx

I edited the first post
some more people need to test this
I tested it on a friend of mine and he was able to airdodge before the utilt but he still got hit
we haven't found a way to avoid the utilt after the dair
maybe someone else can confirm this? or get a way to avoid the utilt?

Tenki

Smash Hero
Probably to attack Falcon.

Samus I think has the most hitstun resistance of all the characters - see if you can N-air out of it.

Also, I think you should put all the D-air > x combos in one place, too lol.

YesISpeakChinese

Smash Apprentice
air dodge slightly later? if the problem is getting hit then they are probably airdodging to soon and having the invincibility frames wear off on them before the u-tilt even connects.
Just don't airdodge right away since the u-tilt has start up lag

Zeallyx

air dodge slightly later? if the problem is getting hit then they are probably airdodging to soon and having the invincibility frames wear off on them before the u-tilt even connects.
Just don't airdodge right away since the u-tilt has start up lag
this doesn't work because you have to airdodge right away to avoid the stretched out leg of the utilt but by doing so you fall into his leg anyway (the leg like follows you as you airdodge)

YesISpeakChinese

Smash Apprentice
ah i see
i thought that might've been the problem since u-tilt lasts for a bit
have you tried foolin around with various air dodge times or just a couple
there might be a certain area of time
wiggling might be another solution, read about it a couple days ago highly unlikely tho
apparently you move the c-stick horizontally to regain balance from falling position and i was thinking maybe you can retaliate after regaining balance?
either way i don't mind, means falcon has an unescapable combo by at least most means :p

tenki your maining wario now o_O

Zeallyx

ah i see
i thought that might've been the problem since u-tilt lasts for a bit
have you tried foolin around with various air dodge times or just a couple
there might be a certain area of time
wiggling might be another solution, read about it a couple days ago highly unlikely tho
apparently you move the c-stick horizontally to regain balance from falling position and i was thinking maybe you can retaliate after regaining balance?
either way i don't mind, means falcon has an unescapable combo by at least most means :p

yes this will most likely be inescapable
could you test it?

or can anyone else test it too?
(my testing alone isn't enough IMO :p)

Mit

Smash Ace
I'm going to try to test this tonight and if not tomorrow afternoon (well, I'm testing it tomorrow regardless). The person I'm going to play tomorrow is pretty good too. I'm going to try a lot of variations with short hop dair.

Tenki

Smash Hero
:dizzy:
I thought like... everyone knew who I mained lol.

this doesn't work because you have to airdodge right away to avoid the stretched out leg of the utilt but by doing so you fall into his leg anyway (the leg like follows you as you airdodge)
Have you tried escaping via double jump?

The consecutive hit counter lies alot. For example, Sonic's U-throw>Spring> U-air counts as a consecutive hit combo on alot of characters, but in practice, some of them can actually nail him with a D-air before he starts the U-air.

PS, move the contents of this to the other thread, this is sooo confusing cause they're like, the same thing. but not really.

Zeallyx

:dizzy:
I thought like... everyone knew who I mained lol.

Have you tried escaping via double jump?

The consecutive hit counter lies alot. For example, Sonic's U-throw>Spring> U-air counts as a consecutive hit combo on alot of characters, but in practice, some of them can actually nail him with a D-air before he starts the U-air.

PS, move the contents of this to the other thread, this is sooo confusing cause they're like, the same thing. but not really.
I haven't tried escaping via double jump, but I don't think that is going to work (not sure though)
as the heel of falcon's upward stretched out leg connects almost immediatly and an airdodge just doges it but you still get hit after the airdodge

what I think is that if you try to second jump. you'll start the secend jump animation but the heel of falcon's leg from the utilt still connects (this is just what I think though, I'll try to test it today, but maybe someone else can test it to)

Mit, would you like to test this? (could you test if escaping via double jump is possible?)

Zeallyx

If you have time to double jump wouldn't you have time to upb? Which i'm pretty sure would stop it if you were bowser or something...*shrugs*
I'm not sure if there is enough time for an up b to take effect
maybe diddy's could harm you, but I think utilt will still hit

we need to test alot

SO EVERYONE PLEASE TEST THIS ON AS MUCH CHARACTERS AS POSSIBLE TO SEE ON WICH CHARACTERS THIS IS INESCAPABLE
AS SOME SECOND JUMPS/UP B'S OR MAYBE SOME CHARACTERS AIRDODGE CAN AVOID THIS, BUT IT COULD BE INESCAPABLE FOR SOME CHARECTERS
(I'll edit this into the first post)

Top Bottom