• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dacus

Chaco

Never Logs In
I never realized how good his DACUS was until day, he slides like a mofo. Use this move!

Also, possibility of making more people CG release Usmash since you can get longer ranges quicker.

Also a little combo I found useful, hard to escape, not a real comnbo but a string:

Utilt+ Single Jump'd Uair+ DJ'd Uair+Utilt+Side connected Uair.

This last hit knockes them a bit away setting up for a follow up. :]

Chaco

Never Logs In
Wrong. He goes. I just did it around 9 times. You must be doing it wrong. Not contact dacus. Regular.

Hold up angled dash, and down on Cstick same time as A, or sumfin like that. I don't remember I just do it.

Do you need replay proof? o_o

Chaco

Never Logs In
I mean it looks like his normal sliding usmash but more distance and a charge.

Sharky

Smash Master
there's definitely something different about how we're hitting the buttons, then. Cause Yoshi definitely comes to a standstill when I do it...o.O

let's meet on wifi and see what's up =P

edit: I'm making a quick 'n crappy youtube upload to prove my point. =P

doubleedit: grr, youtube had to do maintenance right when I wanted to do something >___>

J4pu

Smash Champion
sheik cannot do her DACUS when using the shield button to initiate the Upsmash, same for yoshi?
perhaps that is why you think he doesn't slide?
change your settings so Z = attack and then try it maybe
or use A in place of Z

I don't main yoshi, nor do I have any idea how far he slides, just guesses

ADHD

Smash Hero
You're probably just doing a running charged usmash, yoshi's dacus doesn't slide.

Chaco

Never Logs In
You're probably just doing a running charged usmash, yoshi's dacus doesn't slide.
I did in it Dacus. Measured even went farther, than sliding usmash charged.

And Yoshinator, your initiating usmash to early. The controls have to be precise for it to work. Like Jiggles.

JackieRabbit5

Smash Journeyman
sheik cannot do her DACUS when using the shield button to initiate the Upsmash, same for yoshi?
perhaps that is why you think he doesn't slide?
change your settings so Z = attack and then try it maybe
or use A in place of Z

I don't main yoshi, nor do I have any idea how far he slides, just guesses
i also main Sheik so i already use that setting and it doesn't work for Yoshi

i agree w/ yoshinator...he just stops completely whenever i try it

Chaco

Never Logs In
Odd....I might just be sliding pretty far with the usmash...dunno...but I don't stop.

Sharky

Smash Master
I'm pretty sure you're just doing a normal usmash. I even tried switching my controls so z was attack. I did it no problem with shiek, but when I switched to Yoshi, he once again stopped. And I'll note that this means I can't possibly be doing a normal usmash because if I did then Yoshi should slide. He stops right in his tracks.

Conclusion: No DACUS slide for Yoshi. >.>

Chaco

Never Logs In
I'm pretty sure you're just doing a normal usmash. I even tried switching my controls so z was attack. I did it no problem with shiek, but when I switched to Yoshi, he once again stopped. And I'll note that this means I can't possibly be doing a normal usmash because if I did then Yoshi should slide. He stops right in his tracks.

Conclusion: No DACUS slide for Yoshi. >.>
That's messed up. I did the same thing, and still didn't stop. But I do, have a weird customized controller I'm using. Input could be messing up. I made a WB with a turbo. ;P

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Chaco, can you at least give us a video so that we can see this supposed DACUS you are talking about? He only stops for me, too. =/

Mmac

Smash Lord
Deja View?

Seriously though, you did the same thing in the past. Vids, show us online, or be quiet.

Fingerp@ss

Smash Cadet
Chaco, is it similar to some of the ones I did in my matches against zelda? (match 3/5 at 4:54, or match 5/5 during the last usmash). Sounds like you are getting a longer slide though. Let us know just for reference I guess.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Deja View?

Seriously though, you did the same thing in the past. Vids, show us online, or be quiet.
No need to be an ***, I was merely asking. I already established if you did not notice that it was a longer Usmash charge. And done it before, you knew exactly what it was. You were along with me and Scat trying to figure it out. So don't start that.

Also, Deja Vu.

Edit: I can show you online, but I believe if it's exactly what Big Red is saying. I just did it with DACUS Controls. So it seemed like his DACUS. Honest Mistake it just seemed longer and more drawn out.

Top Bottom