• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DACUS for Wii and Nunchuk

Reaper Neku

Smash Rookie
Hello fellow brawlerss. I am writing this because I am in somewhat of a pinch. I can use Sheik and other charaters well so its nothing about moveset, but it's about the DACUS. I am of a rare breed that uses Wii and nunchaku to brawl and be really good at, but the problem with it is that you have to find a lot of alternatives to things (like the pivot grab with Fox which thankfully wasn't hard to figure out what to switch around) since the majority of people writing guides do it for GC remote (I personally suck hard whenever I try and use GC for brawl, even though I was alright in melee). However, for the past few weeks, I've been trying to find a way to DACUS with w+n, but I'm not sure if the setup is wrong or if it is the execution of it. So could anyone spare so time and try to do it on the W+N and help me out please?

shadowofchaos725

Smash Apprentice
Dash attack Cancel, eh?

Well... from my experience... I think you might have to setup the up smash for the D-pad I believe....

I use the Nunchuck, however, I have never done this AT... I only attempt it whenever I use the GC controller because of the lack of nunchuck availability in some cases at my friend's houses...

I've seen my friend also try it with the shake smash option to do Snake's mortar slide, but he got tired of the nunchuck and switched back to the GC Controller...

Reaper Neku

Smash Rookie
Nooooo! We're thinning in numbers...might have to try the shake smash cause I already have my d-pad set up to smashes

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Have you tried it for other characters? (Like Snake.)
Shiek has possibly the hardest DACUS timing, so try seeing if it works with the Dpad for smashes with Snake (possibly the easiest to DACUS with), and if it does just try to work out the timing.

Cress

Smash Cadet
It is possible with Snake and Falco - I did it myself.

Its just Dash-Attack -> Up Smash (With Up + Attack) (VEEEEEERY FAST)

I tried it with Sheik but duuude.. thats way to hard.. I dont think its possible with Nunchuck.

JackieRabbit5

Smash Journeyman
have u seen my Sheik DACUS video tutorial? >> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_CHWI4IXSw

i got a few questions about that actually and tried it, heres what i found works:
u need tap jump off and shake smash on...then i recommend doing run right or left + up control stick + shake smash down + A for attack

lmntolp

Smash Apprentice
Shake smash down + shake smash up, or if that's too slow, a + shake up. If you don't want to use shake smash, then you might need a different or extra attack button and use dpad to smash. Actually I haven't tried down smash + up smash on dpad before.

Top Bottom