• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dacula, GA Brawl Play-N-Trade Tournament *UPDATE* AUG 9TH

~^.NoiR.^~

Smash Ace
It's brawl. Stop being gay and tell people to come! I know you guys will, but try to get the people that don't usually play with us(except reflex). I don't know any of them, so you guys ask them.

Daysoo

Smash Ace
It's brawl. Stop being gay and tell people to come! I know you guys will, but try to get the people that don't usually play with us(except reflex). I don't know any of them, so you guys ask them.
If Luis were online right now, I would instantly link him to this topic. >:p

Gerbil

Smash Champion
Yes, Luis = Reflex.

Also, don't come on the board telling us to uh "stop being gay" when all Soft did was express his opinion and I expressed my agreement. You're in a state that currently is preferring Melee, so it's to be expected that people would express interest in that over Brawl. Simple as that.

I'll let the Brawlers in Columbus know that this might be happening if you can get enough confirmed people.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
i think this is about as far away from bham as waba game is, so perhaps i can make it to this depending on the day

~^.NoiR.^~

Smash Ace
Yes, Luis = Reflex.

Also, don't come on the board telling us to uh "stop being gay" when all Soft did was express his opinion and I expressed my agreement. You're in a state that currently is preferring Melee, so it's to be expected that people would express interest in that over Brawl. Simple as that.

I'll let the Brawlers in Columbus know that this might be happening if you can get enough confirmed people.
Those are my friends. Lighten up

i think this is about as far away from bham as waba game is, so perhaps i can make it to this depending on the day
Would the 27th of this month be good?

~^.NoiR.^~

Smash Ace
Oh. Is the week after free? lol Keep in mind its not on a weekend. Maybe you guys could go to that, get some housing near by and then go to waba. Up to you guys.

Wasn't tryin to be a **** dude, but my first sight was "low post count, guy in GA I don't recognize." *shrugs* My apologies.
We talked about halo at some waba and you were eating noodles. That's me

Gerbil

Smash Champion
Oh. Is the week after free? lol Keep in mind its not on a weekend. Maybe you guys could go to that, get some housing near by and then go to waba. Up to you guys.

We talked about halo at some waba and you were eating noodles. That's me
Ahhhhhhhhhh well see now I feel really dumb and I feel like a mean guy lol. I didn't recognize your tag on SWF.

/awkwardness

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
BLUEBERRY CHEESE BROWNIE

I want to come to this. I've been craving a Brawl tournament for too long.

ragnarock

Smash Lord
Yes, Luis = Reflex.

Well, there is like only 5 bamaians that like melee over brawl, the rest like it. So melee is almost dead here. It sucks sadly.:(

EternalCrusade

Smash Journeyman
The date doesnt really affect my attendance at this point, but do we have to wait so long to have the tourney? I hate waiting T_T

VietGeek

Smash Hero
August 9th is good. The 16 and older only or you need parent's consent form kinda bothers me, mostly because I have to go out of my way to get the forms and get them signed. I'm going to be carpooled there so I'll have to come in there before. And we all are aware how costly gasoline is. Either make the forms readily available online or assume the underage are not too ******** to be there stranded without a ride.

Just a thought, but we have to be 16 even to play? That's kinda ridiculous. I'm aware the times are on the night-owl side of things, and most of the people coming don't get have to give a **** about that regulation since they're over that age, but it's not necessary. If we can't curse, roughhouse, bring outside food or drinks, disrespect store employees, etc. I feel there's no need to add an extra filter. So since I want to attend, do arrange with the owner to adjust it. Heck, at least make it 13 and up. That seems very reasonable. >_>

Ah, and yes, either door fee or taking out of the pot. Both is naturally a no-no.

If I come (assuming 14 years old's can even register), I have procured a Datel Powersave with all characters, stages, and rules set up. We can just use this save that is particularly hacked to allow it to be transferred for any Wiis with inadequate tourney-ready saves. Do not worry, nothing gameplay-wise is hacked, so we'll still be Barlwing/Brawling the same.

I'll definitely come if they fix up the TV lag ( to like none/same as normal TV). Ask him if they can get component cables for their HDTVs. I heard this reduces a significant amount of lag as the Wii doesn't need to upscale so much to the input of the TV. If the lag is still noticeable, well, some "crappy" normal TVs will be very welcomed. =P

Oh yeah, another question: Have we decided if it's double elimination AND best 2/3? Every other PnT had to "cut" tourneys (either single elimination + 2/3 or double and best of 1). I'd like it to be more standard and offer both. It's being aimed toward more competitive people with these rules and time so far so it would be unwise to not give the true tourney experience. Just verifying anyway. Saying you can CP characters is hinting at both, but again, I want to verify.

In short:

- Either have the parent forms online or rid of them altogether.
- Allow either all ages/13+. The latter probably is recommended.
- I can set up tourney-ready saves to all Wii consoles needing it with a SD Card (quick and easy).
- I want lagless TVs. I am tired of losing to heavyweights because I have a spacing-precise-requiring character (Marth). I assume all the PnTs in GA are chained together, so they all fall to the plague of these HDTVs. Fix it. =/

- Answer my question please.

Sorry to be the only guy with such a ****load of stuff to say, but I have yet to be satisfied with a PnT tourney as of yet. So I am hoping for this one to be good.

EternalCrusade

Smash Journeyman
I agree with pretty much everything VietGeek said, especially the parent signing thing, considering Im 17 and that pretty much blows :/

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
hmm i might come, its only 30 min away from where i live so .. i still duno.. depends when school starts again for me =/ looks fun tho... :D

~^.NoiR.^~

Smash Ace
August 9th is good. The 16 and older only or you need parent's consent form kinda bothers me, mostly because I have to go out of my way to get the forms and get them signed. I'm going to be carpooled there so I'll have to come in there before. And we all are aware how costly gasoline is. Either make the forms readily available online or assume the underage are not too ******** to be there stranded without a ride.

Just a thought, but we have to be 16 even to play? That's kinda ridiculous. I'm aware the times are on the night-owl side of things, and most of the people coming don't get have to give a **** about that regulation since they're over that age, but it's not necessary. If we can't curse, roughhouse, bring outside food or drinks, disrespect store employees, etc. I feel there's no need to add an extra filter. So since I want to attend, do arrange with the owner to adjust it. Heck, at least make it 13 and up. That seems very reasonable. >_>

Ah, and yes, either door fee or taking out of the pot. Both is naturally a no-no.

If I come (assuming 14 years old's can even register), I have procured a Datel Powersave with all characters, stages, and rules set up. We can just use this save that is particularly hacked to allow it to be transferred for any Wiis with inadequate tourney-ready saves. Do not worry, nothing gameplay-wise is hacked, so we'll still be Barlwing/Brawling the same.

I'll definitely come if they fix up the TV lag ( to like none/same as normal TV). Ask him if they can get component cables for their HDTVs. I heard this reduces a significant amount of lag as the Wii doesn't need to upscale so much to the input of the TV. If the lag is still noticeable, well, some "crappy" normal TVs will be very welcomed. =P

Oh yeah, another question: Have we decided if it's double elimination AND best 2/3? Every other PnT had to "cut" tourneys (either single elimination + 2/3 or double and best of 1). I'd like it to be more standard and offer both. It's being aimed toward more competitive people with these rules and time so far so it would be unwise to not give the true tourney experience. Just verifying anyway. Saying you can CP characters is hinting at both, but again, I want to verify.

In short:

- Either have the parent forms online or rid of them altogether.
- Allow either all ages/13+. The latter probably is recommended.
- I can set up tourney-ready saves to all Wii consoles needing it with a SD Card (quick and easy).
- I want lagless TVs. I am tired of losing to heavyweights because I have a spacing-precise-requiring character (Marth). I assume all the PnTs in GA are chained together, so they all fall to the plague of these HDTVs. Fix it. =/

- Answer my question please.

Sorry to be the only guy with such a ****load of stuff to say, but I have yet to be satisfied with a PnT tourney as of yet. So I am hoping for this one to be good.
Hey can you please post in the other thread. This one is just like an advertisement =] But ya I agree with everything. I hated the T.V lag on those T.Vs as well. Before I read your post I made the suggestion to him to use his T.V's for friendlies and what not and use the T.V's that people bring for the tournament. The tourny ready saves thing sounds great and I don't like the age thing at all, but you need to remember that he needs to take legal matters into concideration.

~^.NoiR.^~

Smash Ace
OKAY. Tournament is this saturday at Dacula play n trade. I need a list of whose going.

So far we have

My friends:

Me
Michael
Alex
Frazier
Ken
Will
Lance
Evante(sp)
Tommy
Chelsea
Michael
His friend(s)
Fullmetal
Desu
PB&J

I'm pretty positive those people are all going. I know others have SAID they would go, but I need to know if your 99.9% sure. If anyone else is going please let me know. Also if you guys want to bring a T.V and a set up for whatever other game you guys want to play(melee,guilty gear), then bring it.

~^.NoiR.^~

Smash Ace
THANKS to everyone else who did. The turn out was MUCH MUCH better than I expected and it was MUCH more fun than I expected.

Luinous? I forgot your name >.< PROPS to you man. You beasted with luigi(and me with snake) and definitely showed your one of the best in GA. Keep coming to tournies man. We need to play on a weekly basis if your not too far from me. Appreciate you coming out.

Thanks to the people at play n trade that gave us a place to play and ran it EXCELLENTLY imo. Never been to a tournament that was on top of their **** as this one.

For the next time, if there is one, I think the owner wants it to be 10 dollar door fee. An extra 5 bucks so that they profit from it or AT LEAST break even. Worth it IMO.

Neutral stages for competitive play? COMPLETELY fair and for the most part the people loved it. I loved it, XIF loved it and my friends loved it. It allows the most skilled(I know theres not much of it) player to win. So we are going to keep it that way and hopefully other states in the south will do the same.

uhh what else. Melee? I know GA loves melee and I love it too, even though I suck at it. I would love to host melee tournies here and as long as theres profit or even break on the owners end, I'm sure they wouldn't mind it. The thing with melee is...I don't think its very popular. Not very big show ups at the recent tournies. I was thinking, if we can get pre/ non refundable entry fees to play n trade, then it would be more of a promise on both sides. That is completely up to the melee people though. The only way it would be refundable is if there isnt a certain amount of people signed up and the tourny wont go on? Melee people would have to help me with that. If you can promise a 30+ turn out with 10 dollar entree, then it shouldnt be much of a problem.

Can't really think of anything else to say. Thanks a lot for coming :]

Oh. Thanks to the melee people who came too and dont play brawl. Mike G, Sleepy, Xif.

Top Bottom