• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Da presents: Gauntlet Dont get jazzy jeffed out the venue Aug-18 (CANCELLED)

DAlegendarysamus

Smash Lord
A NEW LOCATION:226 WEST 4 STREET AT 7TH AVE NEW YORK, NY 10009
NAME OF PLACE IS : " NYCLAN" THERE WEBSITE WWW.NYCLAN.NET

That being said, here are the Gauntlet rules as usual:

Tournament Rules

•Double Elimination

•All matches are best of 3, with semi-finals best of 5 and finals best of 7.

•4 stock, 8 minute limit

•Ties broken by Sudden DEATH!!! Which means instead starting at 300%. both players will restart the SD and start other match with each 1 stock and 0% on a random stage.

•20 bux entrance fee for singles

•20 bux entrance fee for each team 10 bux for each teammate

Single Stages

•Single stages on random select: yoshi story, fountain of dreams, pokemon staduim, battlefield , dreamland, dk 64, final destination

•counter pick stages : brinstar, yoshi story, corneria, pokemon staduim, battlefield, dreamland, dk64, final destination, rainbow cruise Mute City, green greens,onett,fountain of dreams jungle japes and poke floats

•Stages banned: venom, Hyrule Temple, Fourside, green greens ,Flatzone, Brinstar Depths, Icicle Mountain, Great Bay, MK1, yoshi’s island and Yoshi's Island 64

Teams Stages

•Stages on random select: pokemon staduim, battlefield, dreamland, dk 64, dreamland yoshi story, final destination, Stages at Random

•Stages banned: Hyrule Temple, Flatzone, Brinstar Depths, Icicle Mountain, Yoshi's story 64, Kongo Jungle great bay, fourside, venom ad yoshi’s island, fountain of dreams AND MUTE CITY( cuase of lag)

•Counter Pick Stages :peaches castle , brinstar, yoshi story, corneria, pokemon staduim, onett, mk2, rainbow cruise, green greens, jungle japes ,poke floats
final destination,dk64and battlefield

•Other Rules - Controller mods of ANY kind (short-hop mod, L-trigger mod, etc), except for cosmetic changes (paint job, different colored plastic), are banned. If you are caught using a banned controller you will be disqualified from the tournament.

•Turbo or programmed buttons of any kind are banned. You may use third party controllers or pads that have these features, but if you are suspected of using the banned features you will not be allowed to use that controller any longer.

•Glitches used to stop your opponent from controlling their character or indefinitely freezing them (Mewtwo's Soul Stunner, the Ice Climber freeze glitch), or any glitch or trick that freezes the match or makes it in any way unfinishable are banned. Using them will result in the immediate forfeit of the match.

•Tactics such as Peach's Wallbombing and Jiggly's Rising Pound are allowed as methods of recovery or to manuever around the stage. Using them (or any similar tactics) to excessively stall a match, such as droping below levels intentionally and stalling underneath, is banned. Judges will be on the tournament floor can be called in at any time to enforce this rule during a match .NEW RULE!!!

•NEW COUNTER PICKING RULE:

loser of the match is allowed one or the other not both ( either counter pick character or counter pick stage when u lose not be able to counter pick stage and character if you lose the match). If losing player counter picks character the next stage will be picked at random from the random select stage list. THIS RULE GOES FOR TEAMS AND SINGLES

•Knock out rule: players on both sides are allowed to knock out 1 stage out of the whole set whether its on the random select or counter picks stage list

•also the stage on random select cannot come more then once only the counter picked stages can .

•cash prizes: cash prizes depends on how many people participates in the events the money is then divided by the top 3 places in singles and 2 in teams

(1vs1)singles: 1st: 70% of pot, 2nd 20% of pot, 3rd 10% of pot
(2vs2)teams: 1st: 80% of pot, 2nd 20% of pot if there is enough teams there will be a 3rd place THEN IT WILL BE 70 20 10

*THE TOUREY WILL START AT 1:00pm SHARP teams 1st then singles last everyone be there by 12:00pm for registration or else*

registration starts at 10:00 to 11:00 and ends at 12:00

*TEAMS WILL START 1ST THEN SINGLES AFTERWARDS SO DONT BE LATE*
-Once $$ is taken AND given to the owner of the place to take his/her cut NO REFUNDS can be made.
-no FIGHTING IF CAUGHT WILL BE BANNED FROM PLACE AND DISQUALIFIED WITHOUT REFUND AND ASK TO LEAVE BUILDING IF YOU DO NOT ABIDE BY THESE RULES YOU WILL BE ASKED TO LEAVE WITHOUT REFUND NOOO EXCEPTIONS!!!!!

If anyone has any questions, IM or PM me.
Hope to see you all there!!

The tourney will start early this time since we have a lil time to end it so reg starts at 12 and
tounrey starts at 1
The Mages DQ Rule is applicable when a player is late for a match and it goes as follows:
2 Minutes Late – Warning
4 Minutes Late – Loss of first match of set
6 Minutes Late – Loss of set
(i <3 the mages rule)

AND ALSO SINCE THIS GAUNTLET IS SO FAR FROM NOW WE WILL MAY HAVE BIWEEKLIES TO RAISE MONEY TOWARDS THE POT AND TO RAISE PPLS SKILLS TOO FOR GAUNTLET SO THIS CAN BE THE HARDEST GAUNTLET EVER. MORE DETAILS WILL BE POSTED LATER

2 special announcements :
1. for those whom want to get seeded from their teammates you should just leave us ur name info on : what crew ur in, state ur from , if you entering teams or singles and most importantly ur real name and alais email us all this info at this email address : DAGauntlet@aim.com

also no ****ing wobbling if you wobble and i catch you i will get ****ed up and dj jazzy jeffed out the venue if you ever seen "fresh prince of bell air"

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Sounds good. No NJ tourneys are on that date so there's a high chance I'll go to NY for this one.

The Great Gonzales

Smash Ace
also no ****ing wobbling if you wobble and i catch you i will get ****ed up and dj jazzy jeffed out the venue if you ever seen "fresh prince of bell air"

why
just why wes

come on banning an infinete
pstt..
you know waht you do you to avoid the evil
and invincible wobbles
you...... i don't know.......maeby......... not get grabbed:psycho:

that has to be the easiest infinete i've avoided in all the figthing games i played

MvC2

Magneto touches you=dead

solution: keep away!!!!!:chuckle:, but if you ever played againts Magneto its hard as hell
to keep him away, he can ****ing fly:dizzy:

what kidz say: OMG he's broken lets ban him
what Men say:**** this **** were gonna learn sentinel
and kick magneto's ***(BTW Sentinel is the hardest character to play)

Tekken

Steve pokes you with his evasive mid stun=dead

solution: learn to block that thing, and dont ever panic
but he's the fastest and strongest character in the game

what kidz say:OMG lets ban him
what Men say: we aint bichtes were gonna learn to turtle and not let him scare us
or we could just play a better steve:chuckle:

and the list keeps goin and goin and goin

but the point is everythign exists for a purpose
and for wahtever problem, there is also a solution
IC's who wobble exist only for anti grab training
but if you ban it, nobody will benefit, because people are
afraid of learning how to beat it, so please at least put a poll up;)

or you could just play Marth:lick:

Kitt

Smash Cadet
whats craccin

What up remember me? I woulda been able to make it but it's my daughters b-day so next time.

RaptorHawk

Smash Ace
i dont think i can make this one....goin to see Paul Van Dyk on the 18th......though i might have just enough time to do teams

Top Bottom