• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

D-Tilt = Crazy Combo Potential

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
I've been messing around with my Wolf lately, and I've come to discover just how vital his D-Tilt is to his combo setup arsenal. In particular, executing the D-Tilt by tapping both control sticks downwards makes chasing easy on the hands; at low percents (0% to about 50% vs Mario), a double-down D-Tilt to quick dash attack (smash left stick left or right, and tap the C-stick down) will hit most characters DI'ing any direction but away from you. At higher damage percents (50%-80%), a D-Tilt spaces the opponent almost perfectly for a quick Boost Smash (again, unless they are DI'ing away). The combo potential is particularly good at lower percents, for the dash attack will usually hit the opponent upwards, leading to aerial/U-Tilt combos galore.

HOWEVER, funnily enough, on the off chance your opponent is tripped by the move, their tripping invincibility frames will protect them from Wolf's Quick Dash Attack! For once, the opponent would WANT to trip X(

Patinator

Smash Champion
I've been messing around with my Wolf lately, and I've come to discover just how vital his D-Tilt is to his combo setup arsenal. In particular, executing the D-Tilt by tapping both control sticks downwards makes chasing easy on the hands; at low percents (0% to about 50% vs Mario), a double-down D-Tilt to quick dash attack (smash left stick left or right, and tap the C-stick down) will hit most characters DI'ing any direction but away from you. At higher damage percents (50%-80%), a D-Tilt spaces the opponent almost perfectly for a quick Boost Smash (again, unless they are DI'ing away). The combo potential is particularly good at lower percents, for the dash attack will usually hit the opponent upwards, leading to aerial/U-Tilt combos galore.
So... Down Tilt > Down Tilt > Dash Attack?

Interesting. Down Tilt > Down Tilt > F-Smash could work too.

I've noticed, Wolf's Down Tilt has an intriguing knockback angle: down and forward, like his Down Throw at higher percentages.

Perhaps when facing a character with a lack of a recovery, horizontal-wise, Down Tilt could be a great edge-guarding move...

JCav

Smash Lord
i like the range on d tilt.

one of my "n00b" conbos is nair>shine>d tilt (tripling)> f smash

30 damage, however, pretty much anything that you follow up with d tilt cant be pulled on anyone good

WULFN

Smash Apprentice
Intesting, this may seem quite useful, at least the Wolf boards is finally starting to come back from the dead..

Van Jones

Smash Lord
I'm still testing this, but I have realized that this is kind of situational. It seems that the opponent has enough time to throw up a shield before the Dtilt hits. However, I believe the the tilt pushes them far enough away that they cannot counteract with a shield grab.

Also, I believe that jab>jab>dtilt>fsmash works a low percentages. I am going to go test this some more.

WULFN

Smash Apprentice
I'm still testing this, but I have realized that this is kind of situational. It seems that the opponent has enough time to throw up a shield before the Dtilt hits. However, I believe the the tilt pushes them far enough away that they cannot counteract with a shield grab.

Also, I believe that jab>jab>dtilt>fsmash works a low percentages. I am going to go test this some more.
Sweet, I wil try to do the same when I get on later.

Van Jones

Smash Lord
Cool Kids! Whats up JonBe?

JonBe got a really good combo on me the other day. Nair>Utilt works beautifully.

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
Nair > anything quick is generally a 'combo' I believe >.>
Dtilt is a beast of a move though, its especially helpful for when you don't want to diminish your dsmash but need some space between you and you opponent.

Van Jones

Smash Lord
Yeah, I have been falling in love with Dtilt.

As much as I love using it after a jab cancel, it isn't something that I do too much. It is slow enough to get get shield grabbed.

Proudest moment: Jab>Jab>Cancel>Jab>Jab>Cancel>Dtilt. I have no clue how I got that to work. Lol, that had no business ever happening.

Top Bottom