• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

D= I can't SHDF anymore...

AceDudeyeah

Smash Ace
yeah....that video I shake my head upon....
soo many mistakes. soo little experience/knowledge. I do pride myself as that was my first ken combo, luckily caught on video. but yeah, thanks.

bahamutz69

Smash Journeyman
wtf u smokin dude
theyre both pretty amazing lol.
SHDF is just classic and incredibly sexy.
but the fair > uair is one of marths best combo starters since the uair has such little lag.

wait i jumped into this thread hella late, are u still having trouble with the SHDF, ynnek?

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
I dunno, I find the shdf more useful in terms of moving people to the side. I lose control of combos more quickly when they go vertical.

It's probably just me though.

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
I dunno, I find the shdf more useful in terms of moving people to the side. I lose control of combos more quickly when they go vertical.

It's probably just me though.
Sounds like you just haven't explored your options with upair. Low percentages can lead to upair -> slight walk fsmash ( so many people uptilt even near edges... STUPID) or more upair/fair/nair. I don't like using the uptilt unless it's Sheik or a fastfaller.

Mid percents can lead to nair to edgegaurds or for baiting double jumps.

Shdf I find more useful for floaties and when you see your still spaced after the 2nd fair.

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
Ehhh... I'm not a fan of fsmashing unless I'm near the edge already. Makes edgeguarding more difficult because you can't always get to the edge in time.

I'll try it out though, see what happens.

bahamutz69

Smash Journeyman
and on FFs the uair at low % can lead into a grab which as we all kno leads to ****.
then again shdfs are sexy and might as well just be a stock lead if u do it right.

i also feel like a spaz doing the fair>uair cuz the timing is tighter that fairx2. so i end up mashing the c-stick up over and over and looking like a tard:laugh:

Top Bottom