• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

D-Games Diplomacy 2014: Revengeance Reloaded II - Game Over! Raziek wins as Turkey! BSL 2nd place!

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Am giving Austria to Turkey, attacking Italy nonstop until they are eliminated.

Raziek, you can move Bulgaria to Rumania and convoy Constantinople to Sevastopol. Ryker can't stop you with his unit placement, so you get Russia for free. I'll be moving out of Austria and you can take that over afterwards with no contest as I will be eliminating Italy.

France, if you make a Fleet and put it in the Gulf of Lyons then you can convoy into Tunisia. I won't be able to survive very long with attacking Italy nonstop, but convoying will allow you to take over territories in Italy easily while he is preoccupied on my front. If you get a fleet into the Tyrrhenian sea he will be unable to attack your or defend himself at all.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Ruling Europe would mean gaining territories; I'm ceding them to others. Winning is secondary to making sure JDietz does not.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
The real kicker is the next game we play, I'll do the same thing

:B

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
Dude it's what you get for thinking you can play me. Get outta here OS.

I would've worked with you too if you hadn't been so clearly intent on making me intentionally weak.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
You and Germany I actually weren't playing. Raziek and Ryker I was waiting to see who did what.

I even offered you free Greece with me supporting your unit on the second move.

But still, I'm going to attack you nonstop all game. Also the next game we're in. I pay back in spades and it doesn't end with just one game.

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
BS and you know it. If we were going to Turkey it would have been legit, but you know that wasn't what you were spittin.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Just a reminder folks, we're at a little over 24 hours to deadline.

Deadline is a bit past midnight tomorrow.

Handorin

Smash Hero
@ Jdietz43 Jdietz43 you're the only one with retreat orders I believe. Let's get it done and move on to build.

EDIT: Actually, everyone needs to finalize, but you just finalize nothing.

Last edited:

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Build phase.

Soup, can you confirm that you're still playing, or do we need to replace you?

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
I'm still playing, I just couldn't think of a proper strategy and I was putting it off and ended up missing deadline to make a move.

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
Alright OS, whatever you want to do. I still think you could've been totally in the game though.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I've played enough Diplomacy to know the only way I'd win in that position was to have an ally. I wasn't allying with you and Turkey can only move North or West, and if Russia teams up with me the only person he can help me attack is Turkey... which would leave me fighting Russia immediately after, so it'd be pointless for him to help.

The truly ironic thing about your actions is that you totally could have steamrolled over France and had a completely safe backside from both me and Germany and likely would have won with Italy. No naval presence anywhere near Italy, control over the entire southwest and a choke consisting of only 4 territories and you turned it down so you could move into Trieste.

You gained Budapest for one build, will lose that build, and then be in a worse position then you started in. :B

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Had he not attacked me, I'd have been attacking you or russia. Given the movements shown so far, probably you. You wouldn't have had a naval presence near Italy for many turns if at all.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I actually wasn't joking on that. Getting Greece would have allowed you to make a Fleet in Rome. Due to Turkey not having two locations adjacent to greece he couldn't take it from you, and I wouldn't have to worry about greece and could have instead focused on bulgaria alone, taking Greece back only later in the game after you had moved towards France.

But it's cool I was totally lying and that's why I'm attacking you with all my troops and why there was an open gap for you to move into my undefended territory after I told you my exact movements. You caught me.

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
Uh, Bulgaria + Aegean Sea. And then what, tie up that fleet forever and make no progress on the western front?

OS, when I asked you in our convo what your plan was for keeping Raz out and why you wouldn't just want it for yourself you were silent. Any plan involving me holding Greece for an extended period of time meant a series of very precise 2 man bounces between yourself and Raz, tying up lots of resources when presumably you could have betrayed me at any point and left me at zero build.

Don't act like I'm the big bad guy for not trusting your obviously suspect deal and acting accordingly. Even if you thought you were being legitimate, you failed at diplomatic relations to the point where you turned an Italy who wanted to work with you into one that felt it had no choice but to cut out the fat that smelled the most suspect in the three way Rus/Turk/Aus triangle, and that party was you.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Sounds like you just aren't very imaginative.

"I'm JDietz and when I don't understand a situation, I lash out irrationally. I think Austria is going to attack me, so I'll attack Austria! That'll be PERFECT, he surely won't attack me then!"

What did you think you were going to gain? If you actually thought I was going to betray you, you could have just used that to your advantage but instead you just walked into trieste because.... I don't know why. I'm still not sure what you were planning on getting.

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
And what you don't understand must be wrong right?

"I'm Overswarm and when I don't understand a situation, I lash out irrationally. Italy attacked me, so I'll attack Italy! That'll be PERFECT, he surely won't attack me then!"

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I'm sure you are aware there is no parallel here. I told you my exact movements, then you attacked in accordance to those movements. My goal is to now make your enemies stronger and yourself weaker. Russia, Turkey, and France know my future movements just by looking at a map.

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
You can pretend there's no parallel if you'd like, but I don't think any other players on the map would agree with you there. So do what you want and we'll see what happens.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
I'm still playing, I just couldn't think of a proper strategy and I was putting it off and ended up missing deadline to make a move.
SOUP PLS. You missed build phase and now still have only 3 units to work with instead of 4.

If you fail to submit moves one more time, I'm going to replace you. A country NMR'ing multiple times has significant ramifications for the surrounding countries and can tip the balance of power for the entire game.

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
Yeah, I'm starting to regret I didn't actually side with OS's direction because it would have apparently been a cakewalk XD

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
Yeah, you'll probably have to replace me. I didn't mean to miss the build phase but I lost my internet a couple of days back and figured I had a bit more time before that.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Yeah, I'm starting to regret I didn't actually side with OS's direction because it would have apparently been a cakewalk XD
And it will forever be a victory Italy totally could have had

but no longer o_o

Handorin

Smash Hero
The fleet in Denmark will support Denmark to Denmark

Get at my strategies.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
BSL is replacing in for Soup. Soup, you'll need to use "Name a substitute" in the menus.

@BSL : What was your Diplomacy account name?

Top Bottom