• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

d-air lag cancel

JKHDaBomb

Smash Apprentice
Ok so don't get too excited this isn't anything like melee l-canceling and it's also somewhat common sense; I'm just pointing it out as food for thought. What I noticed is that if you throw links boomerang out then wait till it has almost returned and d-air into the ground, the boomerang catching animation overrides the d-air lag animation and can cut out about have of the lag or maybe more depending on how you time it. I know this seems like wishful thinking as far as practical applications go, but it might provide a situational mindgame. I know I throw the boomerang just about every chance I get, and if I was in a situation where my opponent and my boomerang were approaching me I might be able to trick them into thinking i screwed up a d-air then surprise them with a quick attack. Anyway, like I said just food for thought.

Onomanic

Heaven Piercer
cool, I think it's called Boomerang canceling. It's on Link (SSBB)'s page on smash wiki. It seems very handy. It will also work with all of his moves with lag.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Hmmm, sounds hard to pull off, but yeah. You'll want to do this with your U-air too.

Jesus, Link really is technical. XD

JKHDaBomb

Smash Apprentice
cool, I think it's called Boomerang canceling. It's on Link (SSBB)'s page on smash wiki. It seems very handy. It will also work with all of his moves with lag.
cool, yeah I knew about the canceling properties of the boomerang but I didn't think there was any use for it until I noticed this (in fact I usually find myself trying to avoid catching my boomerang because the canceling interrupts my flow and leaves link open, haha)

If you drop a bomb at a certain point in link's jump, the hit will cancel the lag.
haha, I like that idea. Kind of like using bombs to dodge attacks, lol

you can auto cancel Link's u-air with a full hop, it's actually very practical.
thanks, thats really good to know

ES Lite

The Real Slim Shady
This is very useful, thanks for sharing this with the link boards =)
Also, does this cause taunt cancelling?

Ryos4

Smash Lord
If you are high enough in the air, you can with zero lag. ive done it a few times in matches, where u can hit the ground and can roll instantly. Though im pretty sure u cant fast fall at all or u will hit the ground too early and have the lag anyway.

Top Bottom