• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

:D After four days I am good enough to beat a level 9 cpu

Blue_Angel

Smash Cadet
*dances with nunchucks*

Yahoo! YIPPY! Using the nunchucks I mastered short jumps and air dodges to take on Luigi. I've been playing on and off (final fantasy x-2 >.> trying to beat the game 100% ) I noticed that I could beat (easily) the level 40 event on hard and barely beat the level 41.. so I kept hearing that Luigi is the toughest level 9 cpu and I fought him.. and.. he's way harder than intense mode on classic. However after a few games I noticed that sometimes he knows when I'm going to fake (after my down drill combo with fox) so I said screw it and did alot of moves which even I didn't know what'd be the outcome. Anyway even though I beat the cpu until I fourstockem' I wont be able to play online because I'm sure people online would hand me my butt on a platter. However I'm proud of myself learning shorthop/fake out mindgames in 3 days! I'm happy! Someone dance with me.

Doot doot doot .. ah.. screw it

P.S. I find it kinda odd that I'm a fox main in brawl especially when I realize that fox was my weakest character in melee and falco was my strongest. However Falco is my weakest and Fox is my strongest in brawl.

Blue_Angel

Smash Cadet
yes, me too.

wait wut
D: This is the first game I could short hop easily in. On melee I couldn't short hop (because to me GC controllers are harder to deal with than nunchucks. If I play melee with nunchucks I could short hop + waveslide.. or whatever you call it when you shorthop and slide back and forward with it.) I'm no pro but I have been playing SSB since nintendo *drools*

I guess like 3 days from now I'llbeabletofourstockluigiIhopeifnotI'llwaituntilIcansoIcankeepupwiththeprosonline. If not.. meh.. I have patience.

Likeness101

Smash Apprentice
Fredericton, New Brunswick & Freeport, The Bah
D: This is the first game I could short hop easily in. On melee I couldn't short hop (because to me GC controllers are harder to deal with than nunchucks. If I play melee with nunchucks I could short hop + waveslide.. or whatever you call it when you shorthop and slide back and forward with it.) I'm no pro but I have been playing SSB since nintendo *drools*

I guess like 3 days from now I'llbeabletofourstockluigiIhopeifnotI'llwaituntilIcansoIcankeepupwiththeprosonline. If not.. meh.. I have patience.
Your post. It confuses me.

Da-D-Mon-109

Smash Lord
Congradulations on learning to beat up on the CPU. That's good for when you're just starting out.

What you should do now is start getting friendscodes from people that play Brawl at your level or better (but not too high, don't bite off more than you can chew), and continue practicing. Wifi stinks if it's laggy, but the more you play Human enemies, the better you'll get, and then you'll start to feel bad for destroying computers... ;.; Poor Android Luigi.

But seriously, don't stick to just CPUS. The biggest thing that keeps a player and a cpu seperate from eachother, and that makes fighting players much better for practice, is what is called the "Mind-Game". I don't know how to accurately define Mindgames, but if you know what I mean, you'll understand, and when you start to play lots of humans, you'll get it as well. CPU's don't fall for mind games, so they are more about specific programed responces and reflexes. Fighting against pro players (that seem to think and move as fast as CPU's) is going to be much different than punishing Luigi. Keep practicing to learn as much about your character as you can, but make sure to get in lots of human experience. The best thing to do is to go fight people personally, but unlagless Wifi Friendcode matches are good too.

Congrats on owning Cpus, but after a while, you'll start feeling bad for punishing them once you get too good. :p

And on an incredibly random note, you're very cute. <3

Blue_Angel

Smash Cadet
Congradulations on learning to beat up on the CPU. That's good for when you're just starting out.

What you should do now is start getting friendscodes from people that play Brawl at your level or better (but not too high, don't bite off more than you can chew), and continue practicing. Wifi stinks if it's laggy, but the more you play Human enemies, the better you'll get, and then you'll start to feel bad for destroying computers... ;.; Poor Android Luigi.

But seriously, don't stick to just CPUS. The biggest thing that keeps a player and a cpu seperate from eachother, and that makes fighting players much better for practice, is what is called the "Mind-Game". I don't know how to accurately define Mindgames, but if you know what I mean, you'll understand, and when you start to play lots of humans, you'll get it as well. CPU's don't fall for mind games, so they are more about specific programed responces and reflexes. Fighting against pro players (that seem to think and move as fast as CPU's) is going to be much different than punishing Luigi. Keep practicing to learn as much about your character as you can, but make sure to get in lots of human experience. The best thing to do is to go fight people personally, but unlagless Wifi Friendcode matches are good too.

Congrats on owning Cpus, but after a while, you'll start feeling bad for punishing them once you get too good. :p

And on an incredibly random note, you're very cute. <3

DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAW :3 Thanks.

(Yay I'mma smash child nao! *glows with energy*) I think I'll go get a Ethernet connection for mai Wii.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
try to play with 3 stocks, not 4. its in the ruleset for brawl ;)

its advisable cause brawl is slower then melee

foxmarth101

Smash Rookie
try to play with 3 stocks, not 4. its in the ruleset for brawl ;)

its advisable cause brawl is slower then melee

It's true if not the match's would take 10 minutes instead if 7.
and that's almost the size of a match in melee

Da-D-Mon-109

Smash Lord
4 stocks is fine to shoot for, since Championship Tournament Rounds are 4 stocks and best 3 out of 5 Games. What she's doing right now seems to be fine, but again nothing will beat being able to fight real players. Computers are good to learn how to space the distance of your attacks so that you can do optimum damage without being in harms way too much, as well as just working on general reflexes, learning combination attacks, and warming up for big games.

Pirate Goomba

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BackburningPyro
3DS FC
3969-6919-4080
Switch FC
2859 5488 3187
Congratz.

Try more a spamming player like Pit , Peach or Toon Link. It always gives me headaches. ;)

Da-D-Mon-109

Smash Lord
Spammy is in the eyes of the beholder though, as Link, Fox, Falco, Samus, Lucario, Mario, Luigi, Snake, Dedede, and even Metaknight are all spammy players, as can be Diddy, Zelda, Shiek, Rob, IceClimbers, Kirby, Olimar, Lucas, Ness, Pikachu, Ivysaur, and Game&Watch.

What Angel should do though is to get online or start meeting people as soon as she can, and kick human butt. CPU's don't fall for Mind-Games, but because they have programed responces that can be detected, calculated, and countered, Humans are the superior enemy.

Blue_Angel

Smash Cadet
I just read a few stories online.

Yowch. Luigi taunt is now a meteor spike.. and people know how to use it efficiently. ~.~ I would actually quit if someone connected a taunt kill. Not quit the match, quit the game. I -lurve- SSB but when someone kills you with an attack thats not supposed to be an attack it's time to start carving wood and rocking in a chair.

Da-D-Mon-109

Smash Lord
Did you know Snake's Taunt is also an attack? Yeah, a thrown box does 5%. Luigi's taunt is only good for edge guarding though. If you let him hit you while you just hang there from the ledge, then he'd kill you. But that's more of "I'm too slow to get up or not fast enough to recover after his Taunt animation" than the Taunt actually killing you. I'd be more worried about his possible instant kill Super Jump Punch of Flaming Death. Does the CPU Luigi use either of those? It's been forever since I've let them live long enough to try.

Also, I don't see you sitting in a rocking chair carving wood... I see you in something cute, chillin' at a beach. :p

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
okay this internet flirting is going abit too far.

did you know that luigis taunt actually does 2% instead of 1% in the last game? :o

Blue_Angel

Smash Cadet
Fifth day after I felt so good about beating the comps with fox.. I found out that my really sucky R.O.B can 3-4 stock any level 9 comp by standing still/ throwing the comp off stage and spiking them to their death.

~.~ I feel so sad now.. it's way easier to kill them with spikes than with fox.

Da-D-Mon-109 said:
Also, I don't see you sitting in a rocking chair carving wood... I see you in something cute, chillin' at a beach. :p
DAAAAAAAAW!

Xonar said:
okay this internet flirting is going abit too far.

did you know that luigis taunt actually does 2% instead of 1% in the last game? :o
I dunno, it makes me feel kinda bashful.

I actually used the taunt a few times to kill a computer.

MRTW113

Smash Journeyman
What Angel should do though is to get online or start meeting people as soon as she can, and kick human butt. CPU's don't fall for Mind-Games, but because they have programed responces that can be detected, calculated, and countered, Humans are the superior enemy.
Yeah, human players can DI, adapt, and not be juggled offscreen by spamming Zeldas.

Top Bottom