Custom Robo's Holosseum Champion - Ray for Smash Switch!

NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
Man, it's been awhile since I posted here or been in Smashboards overall.

Just passing by to say that as I said in a previous post that World of Light has been beaten and attempted again on hard difficulty and boi it's it a fun time (good and bad, believe it or not). Dealing with many spirits including the Robos was a a blast, no pun there.

The reveals in these last weeks being great with The Hero and Banjo and for us fans of robots and mechs: Daemon X Machina AND Astral Chain look so DAMN good.

I am certainly trying to get both games now. Not Custom Robo but attention to the robotic elements is appreciated.

Hopefully there are people excited for these two games as much as me here since they deserve attention.

:bowser:.

Last edited:
For anyone who doesn't know, there's going to be a CEO side event for a Custom Robo tournament on June 28th. Make sure you guys tune in if you want to see some high level Custom Robo gameplay and to support the community.

Here's the trailer:
https://youtu.be/1FikbIMOLvs
Wow, really? I don't suppose they'll be playing with the English patch?

Sunny-Zee

Smash Apprentice
That is nice. Guess some games manage to maintain themselves alive with competitive scenes and Custom Robo is thankfully a part of it.

Guessing that's where Illegal parts are actually Illegal~

Yeah, it is a beautiful sight to see such an old game that DOESN’T have a well known and supported competitive community (hint, hint) still get tournament play to this day.
And yes, Illegal parts now have to live up to that moniker for the sake of good sportsmanship.
“Alright, I want a nice clean fight, no illegal parts, no dirty blows, may the best piece of tin win!” (CLANG!):4pacman:

Sunny-Zee

Smash Apprentice
I feel like every once in a while I stumble into the Custom Robo thread just to ask what Noise is even up to. But not this time.

This time I'll ask: is Noise even still a thing?
Well, they’re still listed as active (although with 25 employees as of 2016...), and their last game, as far as we know, is Gyrozetter for the 3DS, and they developed that with Square-Enix.

Sigran101

Smash Lord
NNID
Sigran101
A Custom Robo fighter has always been and will always be my most wanted in smash by far. Unfortunately, due to the series being dead, I don't include it on my list of "characters with a chance". I haven't come by to support much because of it.

That said, this thread seems to be more active than I thought it would be. Is there anything interesting going on? Is there any sort of redeeming factor that makes a Custom Robo fighter a legitimate possibility?

NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
Well, that has been discussed on the pages prior to this one a fair amount and it has been decided that there's potential. Only issue is that the franchise has been stagnant for a while, since the DS era to be exact.

Maybe one day Nintendo might give the series the attention it deserves but for now there's nothing.

The closest thing to it are the upcoming Daemon X Machina which looks BADASS. And Astral Chain for it's Mecha designs/futuristic elements.

GoodGrief741

Smash Master
A Custom Robo fighter has always been and will always be my most wanted in smash by far. Unfortunately, due to the series being dead, I don't include it on my list of "characters with a chance". I haven't come by to support much because of it.

That said, this thread seems to be more active than I thought it would be. Is there anything interesting going on? Is there any sort of redeeming factor that makes a Custom Robo fighter a legitimate possibility?
Noise is still alive and kicking so there's a slim chance the series could come back at some point. With the Switch I think anything could happen.

Rayleigh

Smash Journeyman
There is a Custom Robo Netplay Discord, yes. The server is focused on competitive Custom Robo Gameplay, primarily with Custom Robo Battle Revolution, but also has conversations related to general Custom Robo discussion...and some on the upcoming game Synaptic Drive (which is being made by Custom Robo's original creator). You can access the server here.

As for the nature of the status of NOISE? Last thing they worked on was a Dragon Quest Mobile game called Hoshi no Dragon Quest Stars, which is a Japanese Exclusive. Prior to that, they made a kumamon mobile game, then Gyrozetters...and re-released Custom Robo V2 to the Wii-U Virtual Console in 2016. S Sunny-Zee 's information about their employee size is both accurate and out of date: Their most recent numbers are Twenty-Six employees, as of March 2019. Back in April of 2018, they had Twenty-Seven employees. They have been in constant fluxuation between 25-28 employees for the past few years, likely due to taking on contract workers when needing extra muscle, while also having room for Full-Time employees. They are still looking to hire Planners, Programmers, and Designers on a Part-Time or Contractual basis before moving them to full-time.

...At this point, I don't need Japanese to navigate their website. Also, This Link will take you to my January post about the State of Noise. Note too much has changed, but it's always nice to look back to my big word walls.

--------------------

Sigran101 Sigran101 , the founder of the page is not around and I cannot take control of the post. However, you're always free to continue talking about Custom Robo, right here, with us!

NNID
Sigran101
There is a Custom Robo Netplay Discord, yes. The server is focused on competitive Custom Robo Gameplay, primarily with Custom Robo Battle Revolution, but also has conversations related to general Custom Robo discussion...and some on the upcoming game Synaptic Drive (which is being made by Custom Robo's original creator). You can access the server here.

As for the nature of the status of NOISE? Last thing they worked on was a Dragon Quest Mobile game called Hoshi no Dragon Quest Stars, which is a Japanese Exclusive. Prior to that, they made a kumamon mobile game, then Gyrozetters...and re-released Custom Robo V2 to the Wii-U Virtual Console in 2016. S Sunny-Zee 's information about their employee size is both accurate and out of date: Their most recent numbers are Twenty-Six employees, as of March 2019. Back in April of 2018, they had Twenty-Seven employees. They have been in constant fluxuation between 25-28 employees for the past few years, likely due to taking on contract workers when needing extra muscle, while also having room for Full-Time employees. They are still looking to hire Planners, Programmers, and Designers on a Part-Time or Contractual basis before moving them to full-time.

...At this point, I don't need Japanese to navigate their website. Also, This Link will take you to my January post about the State of Noise. Note too much has changed, but it's always nice to look back to my big word walls.

--------------------

Sigran101 Sigran101 , the founder of the page is not around and I cannot take control of the post. However, you're always free to continue talking about Custom Robo, right here, with us!
Hold up, is Custom Robo V2 available on the eShop in English?

Hold up, is Custom Robo V2 available on the eShop in English?
No, it was actually the only jp exclusive 64 game on Wii vc, although you can get the game by hacking your Wii (you just won't be able to play it unless you can read Japanese). To this day V2 has not been translated in English, but an unofficial translation is currently being worked on.

Edit: just realized the post you were responding to was talking about Wii u, but the same thing applies for V2 on the VC there too.

Last edited:
NNID
Sigran101
No, it was actually the only jp exclusive 64 game on Wii vc, although you can get the game by hacking your Wii (you just won't be able to play it unless you can read Japanese). To this day V2 has not been translated in English, but an unofficial translation is currently being worked on.

Edit: just realized the post you were responding to was talking about Wii u, but the same thing applies for V2 on the VC there too.
Damn. I thought I was going to be able to play a Custom Robo game I've never tried yet.

Last edited: