• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Custom Moves For Link

Status
Not open for further replies.

JanitorOfHyrule

Smash Cadet
NNID
JanitorOfTermina
I honestly have no idea what custom moves link could have mabye link could have the fire bow or the ice bow then he could have a magic boomerang from links awakening mabye his recovery could be more of a offensive move or defensive move nevermind theres so many possibilitys! But i wanna hear your guys ideas on Link.

A_Phoenix_Down

Banned via Warnings
I'm definitely expecting fire arrows. More damage on-hit but slower draw time.

It's honestly too bad custom moves can't be used competitively. It totally breaks it...

ITALIAN N1NJA

Smash Ace
NNID
ITALIAN_N1NJA
3DS FC
3368-3413-2021
There's been no confirmation on if custom moves will be allowed or banned. The game hasn't come out yet so it's difficult to say for sure if they will be allowed or not. For Link I could see Bomb arrows as a custom move. Ftilt could do a skyward strike but do less damage up close. He could get fire, ice, or normal arrows. There are tons of ideas for custom moves.

A_Phoenix_Down

Banned via Warnings
There's been no confirmation on if custom moves will be allowed or banned. The game hasn't come out yet so it's difficult to say for sure if they will be allowed or not. For Link I could see Bomb arrows as a custom move. Ftilt could do a skyward strike but do less damage up close. He could get fire, ice, or normal arrows. There are tons of ideas for custom moves.
Sakurai said it himself on a post on the main website I thought.

ITALIAN N1NJA

Smash Ace
NNID
ITALIAN_N1NJA
3DS FC
3368-3413-2021
Sakurai said it himself on a post on the main website I thought.
He said that Miis and Custom moves would be banned from ONLINE play. All(if not the majority) of tournaments take place locally. Due to this, the online aspect doesn't matter. A true smasher hates lag and eliminates it completely by playing with wired controllers locally on CRTs. This time the game is HD, so flat screens can be used and there will be no lag, which is nice. Sakurai banned Custom moves online because that would be extremely difficult to program and the Miis were banned online due to the stupidity of some people wanting to make Hitler Miis(this is just an example) and use them online which is inappropriate.

Khao

Smash Lord
I'd equip a non-gale boomerang straight away.

They should totally find a way to implement bombchus on the down B, like, they'd keep crawling forward once they throw the floor instead of exploding right away.

I kinda want Light Arrows to be added in, as a projectile that goes straight ahead with no arc.

Lozjam

Smash Champion
Ok, new custom move for Link. Giant Bombs! They are huge!

LinkNIvy

Smash Apprentice
Smash wiki says there's an electric boomerang but it's not sure what its actual effect is.

smashbrolink

Smash Journeyman
Smash wiki says there's an electric boomerang but it's not sure what its actual effect is.
It's effect?
It's shocking, to say the least.:awesome::psycho::awesome:

I think it just keeps the gale effect and adds in a multishock combo burst to anyone getting hit by it.
In other words, it's going to do far more damage when hitting someone on the return.
Just my speculation, though.

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
I've unlocked Link's 1st custom arrows. The custom arrows I unlocked follow a Melee arc when uncharged, but deal a pathetic amount of damage and even disappear if it tries to drop below Link's foot, so you can't use it to hit people below off stage.

When fully charged however, the arrow becomes a powerful kill move, killing people at around 80% and dealing a whopping 26% damage. Basically, the uncharged version of this arrow is near useless, but the charged version is almighty.

FooltheFlames

needs hugs~<3
I bet the electric version of the boomerang is weak damage, no knock back-
but high hit stun!
So it will be perfect for setting up spikes off stage with the new properties in his dair! (*o*)

Cereal Bawks

Smash Ace
NNID
cereal_bawks
Does his boomerang model change depending on which custom move you use? It'd be kinda weird to see the Gale boomerang not be using any... well, gale. Let alone a completely different element.

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
Here's very vague images ripped from the game for his custom moves

Dunno why they gave him all this electric crap, Fire or Ice woulda been perfect.
I think that might even be a water arrow...seriously?

Source: http://imgur.com/a/OfWa9
More: http://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/2gpoyh/images_of_interest_from_the_ssb3ds_rom/

Analysis:

The Bomb seems to have a giant variation and, based on the video clip posted by the guy above me, the other customization causes the bomb to meteor smash.

Looks like the arrow has a water/ice variation, and possibly a quicker/no charge variation.

The sword spin attack has a lightning/stun variation. and what looks like a variation that increases recovery height significantly.

EDIT: See posts below for what they do

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Here's very vague images ripped from the game for his custom moves

Dunno why they gave him all this electric crap, Fire or Ice woulda been perfect.
I think that might even be a water arrow...seriously?

Source: http://imgur.com/a/OfWa9
More: http://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/2gpoyh/images_of_interest_from_the_ssb3ds_rom/

Analysis:

The Bomb seems to have a giant variation and, based on the video clip posted by the guy above me, the other customization causes the bomb to meteor smash.

Looks like the arrow has a water/ice variation, and possibly a quicker/no charge variation.

The sword spin attack has a lightning/stun variation. and what looks like a variation that increases recovery height significantly.
I think the lightning thing might be a reference to Skyward Sword's final battle. Or as an opposite to wind. I don't know.

As for the "water/ice" variation, I think that's the full charge variant where if you fully draw the arrow, it'll do more damage compared to the other versions, but if you draw it loosely, then it'll arch sharply and drop fast. I think someone said it was like Melee's Bow. The third one is a quick draw version, so the opposite where it'll travel far even if you don't draw it fully. I don't remember where I read this though.

Hey, at least I was sort of right with Link having a Cyclone Slash! It's the rising Spin Slash.

Last edited:

Arcade

Smash Ace
I don't think the Japanese description
I think the lightning thing might be a reference to Skyward Sword's final battle. Or as an opposite to wind. I don't know.

As for the "water/ice" variation, I think that's the full charge variant where if you fully draw the arrow, it'll do more damage compared to the other versions, but if you draw it loosely, then it'll arch sharply and drop fast. I think someone said it was like Melee's Bow. The third one is a quick draw version, so the opposite where it'll travel far even if you don't draw it fully. I don't remember where I read this though.

Hey, at least I was sort of right with Link having a Cyclone Slash! It's the rising Spin Slash.
The Japanese description doesn't make mention of it being a "water" or any other element arrow, the name means something like "Strong Bow", and the description talks about a firm bowstring and drawing the string with all your might.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I don't think the Japanese description

The Japanese description doesn't make mention of it being a "water" or any other element arrow, the name means something like "Strong Bow", and the description talks about a firm bowstring and drawing the string with all your might.
I read it somewhere else, probably some site like reddit, gamefaqs, or even here, but I clearly remember that variant working like weak damage; weak draw and high damage; strong draw. It kind of makes sense with drawing with all your might and firing a powerful shot.

Last edited:

Arcade

Smash Ace
lol, my post. "I don't think the Japanese description... wait, screw it, I'm going to double-check."

Honestly I was really hoping for bomb arrows and I'm kind of sad we didn't get them, even though they probably would have been ridiculous.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
lol, my post. "I don't think the Japanese description... wait, screw it, I'm going to double-check."

Honestly I was really hoping for bomb arrows and I'm kind of sad we didn't get them, even though they probably would have been ridiculous.
Yeah, I was hoping for them too, but it might not have worked out well since they'd be Bombs, but with much more horizontal range and presumably, speed. I was hoping that Toon Link had fire and ice arrows while Link received light arrows. Oh well.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Yeah, I was hoping for them too, but it might not have worked out well since they'd be Bombs, but with much more horizontal range and presumably, speed. I was hoping that Toon Link had fire and ice arrows while Link received light arrows. Oh well.
Toon Link does have fire arrows, and just like Project M, they stay in place and burn people who touch them
(They drop a lot faster, though).

FSK

Smash Ace

Meteor bomb arrows

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Toon Link does have fire arrows, and just like Project M, they stay in place and burn people who touch them
(They drop a lot faster, though).
I know he does, but I wished he had both fire and ice arrows and not piercing arrows as his second custom.

LuffyLink

Smash Apprentice
The meteor bomb looks so awesome! I cant wait to use Link (especially Oni Link!) ! :4link:

Last edited:

Jade_Rock55

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4656-7001-2336
So fierce diety link top tier link buffs and a F**** meteor bomb!

SuperSkeetBro

Smash Journeyman
I think the 2123 is going to be the standard custom link. After reading them all thats what i chose and then i laughed when i read that gearly also chose that setup. For starters the meteor bombs are obviously the most notable of any version of the b moves. Using that as a starting point i chose the rest of the setup. seeing as i hated the regular spin attacks knockback i thought that the magical spin attack would be more benificial. Even though though recovery is shortened i think the shortened bomb fuses (3 seconds) can allow you to pull them out then jump then up b and then maybe they'll explode. So in a way the meteor bombs compliment the offset of the magic spin attack. When deciding the arrows and boomerang i considered the bombs will be the spammy projectile as they come out quick. Arrows will most likely only be used when i have more time to charge anyways so i thought id go with the silver arrows for that massive damage and KO capability. only issue is now it will be hard to use projectiles that aim downward since they dissappear below footlevel, which brings me to the conclusion that i will need gale boomerang solely for its ability to angle up and down. If the second variation can angle as well id prolly go with that. the 3rd variation could have some uses for combos but i cant tell til i get the game. thoughts?

Morbi

Scavenger
I think the 2123 is going to be the standard custom link. After reading them all thats what i chose and then i laughed when i read that gearly also chose that setup. For starters the meteor bombs are obviously the most notable of any version of the b moves. Using that as a starting point i chose the rest of the setup. seeing as i hated the regular spin attacks knockback i thought that the magical spin attack would be more benificial. Even though though recovery is shortened i think the shortened bomb fuses (3 seconds) can allow you to pull them out then jump then up b and then maybe they'll explode. So in a way the meteor bombs compliment the offset of the magic spin attack. When deciding the arrows and boomerang i considered the bombs will be the spammy projectile as they come out quick. Arrows will most likely only be used when i have more time to charge anyways so i thought id go with the silver arrows for that massive damage and KO capability. only issue is now it will be hard to use projectiles that aim downward since they dissappear below footlevel, which brings me to the conclusion that i will need gale boomerang solely for its ability to angle up and down. If the second variation can angle as well id prolly go with that. the 3rd variation could have some uses for combos but i cant tell til i get the game. thoughts?
It will probably be a popular build, but I am not sure about "standard." Link just got a decent recovery move in a game where the ledge play is prominent. The Magic Spin Attack does not seem like THAT much of an upgrade to be honest.

I have PTSD from the Gale Boomerang in Brawl, so I am going to choose variation 2 or 3 myself. I am leaning on the normal boomerang until I test the third variation for myself. However, if it does not angle, I might have to learn to deal with it.

:4jigglypuff:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom