• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Current highest known GSP

Status
Not open for further replies.

link2702

Smash Champion
So my gsp went up by itself last night....is that normal? Like it was 1.7 something when I went to bed but now it’s at like 1.8 with my Ganon....except I never used him once last night.

I Chizl I

Smash Apprentice
I got up to 1.785mil with Dark Samus. Highest GSP I fought was a Bayonetta that was real good and put me in my place. By the end of our couple matches their GSP was at 1.806 or 1.807.

So my gsp went up by itself last night....is that normal? Like it was 1.7 something when I went to bed but now it’s at like 1.8 with my Ganon....except I never used him once last night.
Yeah it's normal. It just means a bunch of players joined online for the first time and are still below you.

link2702

Smash Champion
Ah got it thanks.

Man so that probably means we’ll all be in the 3mil+ mark by Christmas...

I Chizl I

Smash Apprentice
Ah got it thanks.

Man so that probably means we’ll all be in the 3mil+ mark by Christmas...
Haha yeah I'm waiting for the huge xmas influx. I figure things should stabilize by end of January. No more big spikes of new people and we'll all have had the game long enough to get our characters down pretty well. I'm hoping Elite Smash is real competitive by then!

XDaDePsak

BRoomer
BRoomer
6 million+ copies of smash have been sold already so it might end up going well beyond 3 million

T3RT1S

Level Up!
NNID
pokeLogZ
It depends on how many people have switch online and have smash, so the highest amount of GSP attainable currently is somewhere near 3 mil

I Chizl I

Smash Apprentice
Currently got my Dark Samus up to 1.809mil, highest I've been is 1.811 mil, and highest I've seen from an opponent is 1.816 mil so far.

EDIT/UPDATE:

Fought a Chrom with 1.818mil GSP.

Last edited:

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
So just to clarify if one has say 2 mil GSP in quickplay with Ike that means that 1,999,999 other ikes have been used in quickplay but have a lower win ratio? Or lower kos vs falls? I'm trying to wrap my head around this...

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
So just to clarify if one has say 2 mil GSP in quickplay with Ike that means that 1,999,999 other ikes have been used in quickplay but have a lower win ratio? Or lower kos vs falls? I'm trying to wrap my head around this...
If it only compared users of that character, wouldn't you fight only other Ikes?

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
If it only compared users of that character, wouldn't you fight only other Ikes?
I don't know? I mean... Okay my Ike and my Kirby have the same GSP. We'll call that X. My Dark Pit is X+400,000 (currently highest) approximately. My lowest is Ken at X-1.5 mil. And my average roster GSP is (meaningless afaik) X-10k or so. My top GSP (highest I ever achieved) is X+489k.

But what all these values actually means I'm not sure. I know only that the number itself is a numeric representation of how I "compare" to everyone else, character per character. But what is it actually comparing? Total wins? Total kos? Sometimes I lose and it still goes up... I has a confused.

Plus on top of all that Elite is unlocked once you hit a high percentage which makes sense (the only thing that's making sense atm).

Hrm.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
I don't know? I mean... Okay my Ike and my Kirby have the same GSP. We'll call that X. My Dark Pit is X+400,000 (currently highest) approximately. My lowest is Ken at X-1.5 mil. And my average roster GSP is (meaningless afaik) X-10k or so. My top GSP (highest I ever achieved) is X+489k.

But what all these values actually means I'm not sure. I know only that the number itself is a numeric representation of how I "compare" to everyone else, character per character. But what is it actually comparing? Total wins? Total kos? Sometimes I lose and it still goes up... I has a confused.

Plus on top of all that Elite is unlocked once you hit a high percentage which makes sense (the only thing that's making sense atm).

Hrm.
Since the highest GSP is rising constantly, it's possible that the amount of new players jumping in are enough to offset the penalty you would have seen if the number were to remain static. Isn't that the same reason it can rise without you doing anything at all with a given fighter? Basically, in a stable environment losing would have cost you, say, 200 points, but 500 new players worse than you appeared, earning you a net gain of +300.

I don't think the numbers only compare users of a given character, because otherwise the max GSPs would be far lower as not everyone uses every character online, and the roster GSP would most likely be a total instead of an average. My hypothesis, barring any unseen parameters behind the scenes, is that what is compared is your win rate/percentage. It would explain the wild swings everyone seems to experience when they're just starting out, and how they begin seeing larger gains/losses on consecutive wins/defeats.

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
It almost certainly has nothing to do with characters.
Why then do different characters have different GSPs?

Edit : wait I get it! I think...

The character you use doesn't matter because your total wins and loses are what determine GSP its just that whatever characters you do use will have varied win loss ratios which will effect their individual contribution to your roster GSP.

AND those characters you use that have been able to breach the GSP threshold for Elite unlock it while those that have not remain unusable for that mode.

Last edited:

R208

Smash Cadet
Reporting 1,848,592 for Quickplay and 2,164,665 for Classic. We should break 2m in the next few weeks. The daily auto-increase has slowed down a lot.

XDaDePsak

BRoomer
BRoomer
We should break 2m in the next few weeks. The daily auto-increase has slowed down a lot.
lol... you mean sometime in the next 3 days.

Within the next "few weeks" the GSP will most likely be double what it is now. In the 4 million range.

Last edited:

Sudz

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 3649 6707 8868
Weirdly enough, I am at GSP 1,715,351 on both K Rool and Ridley, and I've been using them both significantly so it's not the "unused average" GSP.

When the heck does one get elite :rolleyes:

Last edited:

I Chizl I

Smash Apprentice
Woke up at 1.863 mil with my Dark Samus, which means the highest person I played against is probably around 1.873mil now

Edit: Now at 1.866mil

Last edited:

I Chizl I

Smash Apprentice
At 1.871mil with Dark Samus.

Highest GSP I've seen from an opponent is around 1.881mil. Fought 2 people with that GSP; one used King K. Rool and the other used Inkling.

Beat the King K. Rool in 2 out of 3. Inkling got me once and dashed. B*stard. Lol.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom