• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

CT ZeRo's Coaching Program! (I'm back!)

AlanHaTe

Smash Ace
ohh, so this is back D:

I was already subscribed to all of those lol, just look for AlanHaTe and alanhatedrummer on youtube :p

I just noticed your avi was one of my profile pics lol

Well, I'll post this here and hopefully get it critiqued and some advice for my playstyle in general.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVPbfc8NdG4

And also I've noticed I really have lots of problems with approaches in general, specially against characters with projectiles and IC's... I have a hard time doing so, what can I do to improve that?

TSM ZeRo

Banned via Administration
ohh, so this is back D:

I was already subscribed to all of those lol, just look for AlanHaTe and alanhatedrummer on youtube :p

I just noticed your avi was one of my profile pics lol

Well, I'll post this here and hopefully get it critiqued and some advice for my playstyle in general.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVPbfc8NdG4

And also I've noticed I really have lots of problems with approaches in general, specially against characters with projectiles and IC's... I have a hard time doing so, what can I do to improve that?
Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f8Tl32APQrU

IC's mini guide:

IC's: General tips:

1.-) You have to play very careful. Don't go for hard reads (heavy attacks) and always go for grab punishes, jabs or dash attacks (well timed, otherwise you'll get grabbed). Don't go for Smashes unless you know you'll get them.

2.-) This is so they can't block your attacks when landing or dodging. Mostly, go for grabs. Works wonders.

3.-) Platforms are your friends. Use them to jump around without being on the ground, and then try to go around IC's U-Air range and hit them side ways. Think of it as trying to out maneuver an arrow going up towards you and hitting it from the side. Jumping above it as it's coming, fast falling from the side, and hitting it with an aerial move, is an example of this.

4.-) If you have projectiles, use them to your advantage to rack up damage and force them to approach. IC's use every trick in the book to win, so should you. If you don't have projectiles, always walk around. Don't dash much vs them. You don't want to get

Grabbed in your dash's start up animation, since there you can only dash attack.

5.-) Sv is a GREAT starter, so is battlefield. Don't play in Yoshi's (Unless you're playing Sonic in that stage). Always ban FD.

6.-) If you're trying a surprise attack in the ground, only do it when they're close to you and near a ledge, so they can't pivot grab it. Dash grabbing them works great. Mix it up with stopping close to them to bait spot dodges once they adapt.

Here are more tips:

1.- If you're playing a character who can pressure IC's shield safely (Sonic with upb's above them is a great example, since he can get away and land in a platform, and make it very hard for them to grab it, since he isn't landing. Peach's down air, rob's projectiles) SPAM IT! IC's without a shield are nothing. They RELY on spamming shield since they can't approach, and can only zone with defensive maneuvers. They corner you because of their death grab and then proceed to stop your escapes of the edge. And how? Through shielding mostly (Or spot dodging or pivot grabbing as a nix up).

2.-) If their shield is lower, then your zoning will always hit them and that's how you'll beat them. Prioritize lowering their shield first. That's my number 1 priority vs IC's. I lower their shields, then attack them or go in (with multi hits, in case they spot dodge, and aimed at their heads, so they cant pivot grab it).

3.-) Don't lose your cool and patience. Always believe in that you can win, and don't get annoyed or bored mid-match and decide 'to approach' or do anything recklessly. This is how IC's get a lot of grabs, even in pro level gameplay it happens a lot.

AtneyB

Smash Journeyman
Dayum you must really love helping people to do all this !
It's pretty rare to see a top player act like this way.
Salute

TSM ZeRo

Dayum you must really love helping people to do all this !
It's pretty rare to see a top player act like this way.
Salute
I really just want our community to grow. I want our game to be bigger and be an e-Sport like SC2 or LoL. That's what I want.

Ultimate~Anarchy

Smash Rookie
Hey ZeRo how are you?
I was just wondering how you train?
I was watching your matches and **** tail said, '' CTZeRo trained for 8 hours everyday before apex 2013.'' Who did you play against? Were they good players, average players, or okay players?

pikaknight

Smash Cadet
can you do a guide for MK vs Olimar. I read m2k's guide for that MU but im still so confused about how to approach this character.

-Se7en-

Banned via Warnings
What can we do against Snakes?The reason I ask generally is because I cannot do anything against Snake.I do understand down tilt knocks the grenade out of his grip as well as not making it explode but how can we touch Snake if he shield grabs/shield drops with a grenade?I cannot tornado above him because he will do 1 of 3 things : (1)Throw the grenade up if I am trying to pressure him (2)Realize I am not stalling and trying to make an aggressive approach so he shield drops it (3)Up tilt. Any help would be appreciated or even h

-Se7en-

Banned via Warnings
Hey CT ZeRo,I am trying to get better at the Meta Knight Ditto Matchup.I have a video on YouTube which I cannot directly link because I am not on a computer.The google account is Seven Harmon,once you find me I had a online set with another MK but I uploaded only one video.If you could tell me what you think about my decisions that would be greatly appreciated (you can call me a scrub I really will not care).

Ghostbone

Smash Master
So I subscribed to the twitch channels under FreeGothitelle and the youtube channels under SSBBGhost.

For an introduction, I'm an MK main from South Australia, though I also secondary a bunch of top tiers and a few mid tiers like Wolf/Peach.
I'm basically looking to improve at all areas of my gameplay (there's a lot of room for improvement everywhere lol), final goal would be to be the best in Aus. (an achievable but difficult goal I feel)

I have a bunch of recent vids, mostly MK dittos vs the same person though (We're about equal, and best in the state, and generally only finals matches get recorded)
MK ditto
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3oF2uZrR4Fg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8yilvhPXNJo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJF2BjPDbSc
MK vs Diddy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJPXIQzNCO4

I guess I'm looking for a different perspective on things, and maybe some direction on specific things I should work on? I've analysed my games a bunch, and got friends to help, but we can't really give a high level opinion on stuff.

I guess a specific question I have is, what's the right mindset to have going into a match? In terms of "respecting"/"disrespecting" an opponent.
Because going into a match thinking you're worse/can't win will just lead to overly defensive/scared play, but going into a match thinking you'll win can easily lead to reckless/sloppy play. (I apologise if that's already been asked and I missed it) I guess currently I try to ignore who my opponent is, but that's potentially missing out on the ability to take advantage of a specific players habits/flaws.

BlackSoL

Smash Rookie
Hey Zero, I know your a great player and I really want to make it into the community and be really good at this game. I've done a lot of thinking and I want to pick up metaknight. Anything that I should know, I really want to get better thanks

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
Hey Zero,

I'm participating in a teaching event here in SFL for new players coming into the scene. My team consists of a Wolf/MK, Ike, and another Wolf. For this week I want to focus on spacing moves; if I may ask, could you link me to the best videos showing good MK spacing?

Thanks!

TSM ZeRo

Hey Zero, I know your a great player and I really want to make it into the community and be really good at this game. I've done a lot of thinking and I want to pick up metaknight. Anything that I should know, I really want to get better thanks
Yeah, he's technically hard, and requires a lot of training mode pracitice and match up grinding on wifi. He's hard to master but pays off really well.

Hey Zero,

I'm participating in a teaching event here in SFL for new players coming into the scene. My team consists of a Wolf/MK, Ike, and another Wolf. For this week I want to focus on spacing moves; if I may ask, could you link me to the best videos showing good MK spacing?

Thanks!
I'm probably late for this, but this match really highlights spacing for me: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgsJt6VJLKs

Also guys, make sure to tune in and FOLLOW > www.twitch.tv/gonzalo_zero / for more tips, insight into competitive smash, entertainment and good music :D

TSM ZeRo

Ghost, I'm pretty sure that I played with you before and gave you advice, right? If not, let me know and I'll make sure to play with you and help you in whatever you need help with.

Also, towards your question: Respect them enough to play seriously, disrespect them enough so you can go aggressive on them. That's the best spot.

Ghostbone

Smash Master
Ghost, I'm pretty sure that I played with you before and gave you advice, right? If not, let me know and I'll make sure to play with you and help you in whatever you need help with.

I don't think I've ever played with you, I live in Aus so the wifi's pretty bad.

The Master of Mario

Smash Journeyman
In the matchup vs Mario what if he uses B-stick Cape->Horizontally+Vertically Boosted Up-special(Left->Right-Up-Right). Mario has much more vertically and horizontal aerial movement than metaknight and Fastfall Horizontal Up-special gives him that WTF moment like trying to swat a fly. He Can Do the Up-special Before a horizonal Spaced D-air. (Predictiing jumps) frame 12/13 Cape->Frame 0 Up-special/N-air you'll here Metaknight start to N-air which you can B-stick Cape into N-air or whatever. You can beat metaknight on the Ground with D-smash and Punches.

Blind-U-air beats D-air
Smash DI/N-air beats U-air
F-air and B-air are beat by cape which causes mindgames.
This leads to Metaknights who will Always N-air.

N-air is beat by F-smash,Air Dodge N-air,Air Dodge Up-special,Cape->N-air,Charged D-smash just not Up-smash which may catch some mario's off gaurd sine U-smash beats Nado.

Fireballs also give mario additional horizontal recovery movement aswell

Phantom Fireballs causing Phantom Hitboxes with marios Fireballs can happen on Metaknights Up-special and his N-air.

Last edited:
Top Bottom