• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

CSS Bugs - PW's Response

Revven

FrankerZ
I PMed Phantom Wings asking about the CSS bugs and if the texture codes had any issues with them. Here's his response below:

Phantom Wings said:
I am aware of that glitch that occurs with the custom CSS code but it definitely isn't caused by the FR code.

I looked into it for a bit and I've found it to be based around the blank spaces... Each CSS icon has it's own set of parameters regarding things such as size or position which are setup in an index. As it turns out, the spot that holds the parameters for the Blank spot is very susceptible to memory overflow. This means that every now and again, something else may overwrite the parameters that are originally intended for the blank space. When this happens, it mostly seems to cause the blank space to stretch to the center of the screen. When that happens, you wont be able to select anything in between the blank space's original coordinate and the center of the screen.

The best solution appears to be to simply opt out of using the blank spaces whenever possible(they should be fine if they are on the right because they will come after the CSS icons before it therefore allowing you to select the icons without error, you just need to keep them off the left where they come before the CSS icons after them thus causing the empty space to be selected first.
So, Yeroc's CSS needs to be tweaked BADLY. It's just like I assumed, it was an error we did. :(

shanus

Smash Hero
We didnt have that error before using 2.1a, 1.3 it works fine

Yeroc

Theory Coder
BRoomer
I'm still not having issues, so I dunno what's up with you guys' Wiis :p. Try recompiling your GCTs. I've heard of people having problems with the downloaded ones. Funny how it used to be the opposite problem. I blame the Macs ;x

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
i havnt had any problems lately. but i know i used to. it was always random though, so for all i kno the current version i have could still be messed up and i just havnt gotten glitched yet.

still, if what PW said is right, then we might as well use a rectangle one to be safe.

shanus

Smash Hero
SMK, just recontact PW and tell him it only occurs with the new versions of texture codes.

Revven

FrankerZ
SMK, just recontact PW and tell him it only occurs with the new versions of texture codes.
That's what I already told him in the PM before we even tried 1.3 again, I specifically said as soon as we switched to 2.1a we started having these issues. But, shanus, remember that even before we implemented textures we were having the EXACT same problems with this CSS.

Make a different one based off the issues with blank spaces.

Edit: People are still having problems shanus, every fricken hour I have people coming into the IRC complaining about the CSS and asking for a set with a nonglitchy one. Can we try a DIFFERENT CSS? Maybe not the one we had before but a completely redone one without trying to use blank spaces?

Revven

FrankerZ
Double posts are bad but, I have to tell you all this NOW.

Yesterday at the tourney I went to the WHOLE LEFT SIDE of the CSS was unselectable. This is NOT DUE TO 2.1a AT ALL. It is the CSS itself, let's get a new one without trying to use blank spaces plz.

Revven

FrankerZ
I'm also sorry to hear about the CSS Falco. I hate showing new people Brawl+ and something glitchy happens. I feel embarrassed and they are unsure of the whole thing. Hopefully everything still went well.
Everything was fine. I was using someone's else's Wii equipment for my Wii so they were about to leave with their Wii so... that's when I just turned off my Wii and unplugged stuff etc. turned it back on and everything was a go! So, it wasn't all bad but, it still doesn't mean it shouldn't be fixed.

Top Bottom