• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

CSPs in brawlbox

patoons

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Patoons
i'm in the process of getting all my textures CSPs, by taking a snapshot, editing it to size and putting it on with BrawlBox. my question is sometimes, after i take the snapshot and edit it properly in photoshop, the image looks nice and crisp. but when i put it in brawlbox for the CSP, it comes out very blurry sometimes. the actual image itself is not blurry though. is it a setting in brawlbox? or something i have to do in photoshop? i took screenshots of both, to show the difference, below

http://www.flickr.com/photos/28202284@N06/4494084953/

Master Hax

Smash Rookie
Thats because you need to add more colors in brawlbox, select replace, select image, open, in that window that open up, you need to chage colors, ill put images later.

EDIT:

i hope you understand, also i havent tested this yet because i never had this problem before, i think this is the solution, if not, i dont know what is the solution.

patoons

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Patoons
thanks master_hax for going thru that. the colors were maxed out already tho after you told me to check, what i did that worked was I changed the image format, and it helped the few that were crappy looking. thanks

Master Hax

Smash Rookie
You had a diferent image format... oh, that can screw the images too.

Another thing that is very important, if your game crash by selecting your character with custom csp, its because some palette errors that cant be fixed by only editing them

To fix that you need to download a fresh and unedited Common5.pac (or sc_selcharacter if you use a custom menu) and extract the correct miscdata[XX] and replace the custom one with the original one.

I hope you understand.

hero1771

Smash Journeyman
I needz help. I tried editing my csp's, and when i load up brawl and and i go to brawl, it freezes.
i did this.
using brawlbox, i opened up a clean common5.
took some pics in brawl and put them in my computer
using paint.net, i edited them, resized them to 128 by 160, erased the purple backgroud.
saved it.
still using brawlbox, replaced the normal csp's with the ones i have.
saved it.
exported it.
loaded brawl.
fail.

help?

Master Hax

Smash Rookie
I needz help. I tried editing my csp's, and when i load up brawl and and i go to brawl, it freezes.
i did this.
using brawlbox, i opened up a clean common5.
took some pics in brawl and put them in my computer
using paint.net, i edited them, resized them to 128 by 160, erased the purple backgroud.
saved it.
still using brawlbox, replaced the normal csp's with the ones i have.
saved it.
exported it.
loaded brawl.
fail.

help?
first of all, do you have PAL wii?

darksamus77

Smash Champion
NNID
darksamus77
3DS FC
3282-3124-8340
Do you have the correct file patch code? You need 3.5.1 to load CSP's

Master Hax

Smash Rookie
indexed colors, a limited numbers of colors i think, but, i never index my csp´s and my game works fine, it only crashes if i have played too much time with textures, i discovered that with some friends, we set a 99 lives match with 0.5 ratio with no items,we played like 5 hours, and in the next match the game crashed.

ASF1nk

Smash Apprentice
if you don't index and lower the colors, eventually ur game will freeze beacuese u will go over the file size limit.

People should really learn to use CSPs.
1.Always keep the resolution
2.Index the image
3.replace using format C18
4.on that same pop up window lower the colors to something decent looking.
5.??????
6.PROFIT!

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
Also, don't forget. Make sure the BG of the CSP is clear, or else you'll see it in-game.

hero1771

Smash Journeyman
if you don't index and lower the colors, eventually ur game will freeze beacuese u will go over the file size limit.

1.Always keep the resolution-resolution on what? the csp's?
2.Index the image-still no explination for indexing
3.replace using format C18-check
4.on that same pop up window lower the colors to something decent looking.-oh...ok...
5.??????
6.PROFIT!-khool.
ok. now i know
well, apperently on paint.net it says i deleted the background but in-game its still there

Sails

Smash Ace

1.Always keep the resolution
2.Index the image
3.replace using format C18
4.on that same pop up window lower the colors to something decent looking.
5.??????
6.PROFIT!
So does the file size limit still exist for Riivolution with CSP editing? Mine has been freezing in both Riivolution (and GeckoOS), and it's irritating me.

darksamus77

Smash Champion
NNID
darksamus77
3DS FC
3282-3124-8340
So does the file size limit still exist for Riivolution with CSP editing? Mine has been freezing in both Riivolution (and GeckoOS), and it's irritating me.
Yes, it does, AFAIK...just edit it in a photo editing software and keep the dimensions (128 x 160) and you should be fine using them in-game...

Jiiprah

Smash Apprentice
you could use Brawl Texturizer to add CSPs.

when editing photos...index them with fewer colors. I always only use 100 colors. keeps the file size low ;)

Also cleaner way to make CSPs is to open the trophies PAC files of each character, apply the texture to it then view the model and position the camera just right.

agroves

Smash Apprentice
Bridge of Don, Aberdeen, Scotland, Europe, Earth
can someone help me with CSPs and stuff. Right i used brawlbox to put in portraits, CSPs, names and stuff on a fresh and clean common5.pac. When i loaded it using the file replacemnt 2.1a (PAL) nothing loaded. Am i doing something wrong or do i need to do something else? Please help

darksamus77

Smash Champion
NNID
darksamus77
3DS FC
3282-3124-8340
can someone help me with CSPs and stuff. Right i used brawlbox to put in portraits, CSPs, names and stuff on a fresh and clean common5.pac. When i loaded it using the file replacemnt 2.1a (PAL) nothing loaded. Am i doing something wrong or do i need to do something else? Please help
CSP's require file patch 3.5.1. Get one of your coders to port it correctly. Or use Riivolution, but with all its problems now discovered, might be best to try to port the file patch :laugh:

Top Bottom