• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Crushing noobs!

delune

Smash Rookie
Hey all, I just have a problem playing against noobs who use powershield, ROLLdodge abuse, and grab abuse. my link isn't too bad (shaping up a lot) since i started and although i SHFFL and use high priority attacks, the noobs that i play against seem a lot harder than people who actually KNOW how and play in a faster pace. A major problem is that he uses FOX and simply spams his lasers waiting in a corner for me to come, rolls everytime i get near, DOWN smashes to create some space and rinse + repeat until death. It pisses me off how I find it difficult to kill him and don't understand how i do well against people who play regularly. (whew..) okay done! so can anyone help me out ?

THE AVENGER

Smash Journeyman
when he rolls follow him and when hes shooting the laser jump. its easy to get noobs in combos so just try to get him in combos.

El_LoVo

Smash Ace
if he's a noob you should run to the edge and when he rolls turn around and grab him. Then you can back throw him off the stage and do a b-air to sex kick, and then hit him with the hookshot if he's inbetween you and the stage.

Giggidax

Smash Ace
well wat u should do is if he spam rolls, wait for the rolldodge and then DSMASH! get close enuff to where he thinks he can jus rolldodge behind u and do watever he does, but ull be waiting for it. dsmash and he'll be caught off guard.
another thing is u should throw ur boomerang while running up. followed up with maybe bombs into shffld fair/nairs.
but to tell the truth i cant really give u good advice unless i play ur friend first hand

pdk

Smash Lord
fake him out by jumping as he rolls then coming down with an aerial, simple

delune

Smash Rookie
thanks so far i see where this is getting at, but i do short hop boomerang to get closer, and the reason i don't spam too many projectiles is because he knows how to shine (odd) and TRIES to shine and edgeguard in a really weird way by powershielding, throwing me, then Dsmashing when i get back on the ledge :D i played him and his passive gay style doesn't get to me as much anymore. thanks guys :o

NadaisaGod

Smash Apprentice
You could chain grab him. If he switches rolls to spotdodges when you take a more grabby approach, charge dsmashes, and let them go after the duration of the spotdodge. Also, spacing fairs is an easy damage racker. Spam more projectiles, because the boomerang is yours again if he shines it. Throw bombs, and let the explosion catch near his feet. If he's bad at sweetspotting, Up + B, if not, nairs do wonders. Spicier edgeguards include projectile predicting, until you get him under the stage, then throw a bomb straight down, DJ, and dair with no FF. Limit your bombs, because SHL will really mess you up, and mostly try to ignore lasers. Prepare yourself more with the hookshot in case he goes for shine spikes, too.

Killer Chao

Smash Rookie
For any case, I use long ranged attacks to fend of foes for attacking space for more ranged attacks.then I wait until thier damage is about 80 and throw them into the air, followed up by an up spear.

mkmelee

Smash Lord
if he's a noob you should run to the edge and when he rolls turn around and grab him. Then you can back throw him off the stage and do a b-air to sex kick, and then hit him with the hookshot if he's inbetween you and the stage.
:laugh: I get the feeling that your combos are a little too pro for this dude.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Have a bomb ready and throw it on the ground when you run at him so when he rolls he rolls into the explosion, then combo him in any way you know how.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
I agree with most of these fellows, spam that noob with projectiles.
Thank you for more useless information man...

Oh one other thing, if your facing a n00b just shffl him, you should be able to react faster then him if your any kinda of decent.

Linkster47

Smash Apprentice
Leval 9 CPU's:mad: >n00b's:psycho:

Good Smash Players:chuckle: > Leval nine CPU's:mad:

Good Smash Players:chuckle: > n00b's:psycho:

What it means: Get good enough so that you can take on a leval 9:mad: (not very hard) and then you shall kill the n00b:psycho: .

Get good enough so that your opponent can't grab you too by rolling, this leaves them open so that you can grab them and than kill them.

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
when the person is waiting for you and just shootin lasers just hang on the edge and ldge hop to the edge so you don't fall. I had the same problem ages ago. And don't crush nood I would rather teach them than beat the **** out of him lol :p

Lightshade

Smash Ace
Hey all, I just have a problem playing against noobs who use powershield, ROLLdodge abuse, and grab abuse. my link isn't too bad (shaping up a lot) since i started and although i SHFFL and use high priority attacks, the noobs that i play against seem a lot harder than people who actually KNOW how and play in a faster pace. A major problem is that he uses FOX and simply spams his lasers waiting in a corner for me to come, rolls everytime i get near, DOWN smashes to create some space and rinse + repeat until death. It pisses me off how I find it difficult to kill him and don't understand how i do well against people who play regularly. (whew..) okay done! so can anyone help me out ?
It sounds like you fall into his mind game. If what you say is true, then he does not even know the techniques he's using. What he is really doing is a mind game trying to fustrate you and lure you into his weak combos. SHFFLing isn't useful at all if you can't link combos between them. Something that could help is if you play on a standard level like battlefield. That should negate the lasers to some point.

Linkster47

Smash Apprentice
I actually have a friend who used this on Hyrule Temple(my least favorite leval). I just used my normal fighting style against him and won. Why don't you go to training mode and play a cpu with the evasive personality on? The n00b your versing is basically using the hit and run of smash. Just try to get him so he can't get away from you. Or you could wait somewhere where he can't shoot you and then when he gets bored and tries to kill you, fight hand to hand combat(this would work well on a big leval like Hyrule Temple). There are many ways to beat this guy, you need to find the one that works best for you.

tHrilla`

Smash Journeyman
hmm, how apropos...nubs giving advice to other nubs on how to "crush" nubs. (my apologies for the gratuitous--and rather rude--remark).

...this would work well on a big leval like Hyrule Temple.
lol. so much to learn. (again, i apologize.)

Supiddo

Smash Apprentice
am i a noob when ive had the game since it came out and kick *** without the adv techs but just figured out how to do them last week?

Top Bottom