• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Crow's Nest - Silver Flames

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
The next step you'll want to take is to change the colors of the actual background's sky to match the colors of the sky in the Poketopia image.

I think it's controlled by some TEV values in the materials. Just experiment with the colors until you get something that looks nice and clean.

That is actually exactly what I was about to suggest.

HyperrCrow

Emotional Reality
Also for reference, you can use a color picker tool in your photo editing software to get a general idea of what colors you'll need to use in the materials for the sky model.
Xeno, here's what your suggestion for the same color background ends up looking like, even with the color picker tool.
[collapse=Xeno's suggestion]

[/collapse]
And here's what I actually did today, matching the Poketopia picture to Poke Stadiums 2 background.
[collapse=My version]

[/collapse]
For some reason the more difficult method seems to blend better than the effortless one. Had me confused honestly. So yeah, I just put the blended version up for download. Now I gotta work on the searchlights.

Skimchee

Smash Hobo
This stage looks incredible! Unfortunately, I can't get it to load properly in-game. It doesn't freeze, but the screen goes blue and weird. I would post a picture of what I mean, but I can't convert .bin files. Just felt that you should know and I wish I could be more help!

EDIT: Also, any suggestions in case I am doing it wrong?

HyperrCrow

Emotional Reality
This stage looks incredible! Unfortunately, I can't get it to load properly in-game. It doesn't freeze, but the screen goes blue and weird. I would post a picture of what I mean, but I can't convert .bin files. Just felt that you should know and I wish I could be more help!

EDIT: Also, any suggestions in case I am doing it wrong?
Thank you! Also are you using it on a Wii? I've only had the opportunity to test this on Dolphin while I make it and the people who've downloaded it from BrawlVault who I'm guessing also use console haven't reported anything yet either, so I'm thinking it might just be something going wrong for you. :(

Skimchee

Smash Hobo
Yeah, I'm using the hackless version of P:M too. I'll try messing with the file a little bit in Brawlbox and I'll let you know if I make any progress with it (Though stage modifying isn't a strength of mine so I doubt I'll have anything notable haha). Thanks for the reply!

turtletank

Smash Journeyman
Not working for me unfortunately, blue pixels completely block my view of stage and eventually freezes.
Is it that I need a rel file?

HyperrCrow

Emotional Reality
Not working for me unfortunately, blue pixels completely block my view of stage and eventually freezes.
Is it that I need a rel file?
You shouldn't need a rel file. Hm, that's the second time someone tells me this so I have to look into it. Any chance you can snag a picture for me? Even a cellphone quality one would help a lot.

Edit: I think the problem is that you might be using a Hackless Set(?). I made this stage with a file from the Homebrew Full Set since I play on Dolphin, so that might be what causes the issue. Although I'm not sure.

turtletank

Smash Journeyman
HyperrCrow said:
You shouldn't need a rel file. Hm, that's the second time someone tells me this so I have to look into it. Any chance you can snag a picture for me? Even a cellphone quality one would help a lot.
Yeah I figured that wasn't the problem :/
I'm using the full codeset, would you still like a screenshot?

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
Is it not safe for download yet? I'll keep off for a little while then. I look forward to a complete stage.

HyperrCrow

Emotional Reality
Is it not safe for download yet? I'll keep off for a little while then. I look forward to a complete stage.
Only two people have reported any issues when using the stage. Perhaps you can try it too and give me feedback?
But don't worry, if the problems really are there I'm working on a version 2.0 as we speak to hopefully fix the issue ;)

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
I'd love to, but right now I don't have access to a TV, and I'm stuck with a Macbook at the moment (so no Dolphin). I'm going to try with the first opportunity I get, but that may not be for another two weeks. Wish you luck!

HyperrCrow

Emotional Reality
I'd love to, but right now I don't have access to a TV, and I'm stuck with a Macbook at the moment (so no Dolphin). I'm going to try with the first opportunity I get, but that may not be for another two weeks. Wish you luck!
Thank you regardless, as a heads up if you play on Dolphin (which I do as well) you'll see that the texture works just fine. But I've gotten reports from two console users so far that say it goes blue and freezes the game. And thanks for the luck, I'll need it!

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
I'm not sure this might help, but I posted the link to this thread on the Project M Social Thread and asked if anyone's willing to test it out on their Wii's. Hope it helps.

Ozymandias555

Smash Rookie
I just signed up right now to say your stage looks great, but I also need to confirm that it glitches on the Wii.

HyperrCrow

Emotional Reality
OP updated with Ver. 2.0 which has considerably less edits and hopefully fixes the console issues. The filesize is bigger than Ver. 1.1 due to the Poketopia image being more high-res in game than before. Download the new version and tell me how it works for you guys! I'll still work on this constantly until I'm near perfection.

Also I added a secret fox

Skimchee

Smash Hobo
OP updated with Ver. 2.0 which has considerably less edits and hopefully fixes the console issues. The filesize is bigger than Ver. 1.1 due to the Poketopia image being more high-res in game than before. Download the new version and tell me how it works for you guys! I'll still work on this constantly until I'm near perfection.

Unfortunately, I'm still having the same issue with the blue polygons in the camera with your updated Ver. 2.0. Just wanted to give you feedback on that.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
I haven't even put the stage on my SD card yet but I already see an immediate problem in BrawlBox: Your ModelData[0] has no animations. That means that whatever you did to the Poketopia picture isn't actually happening. I don't know if Dolphin has some differences in loading that makes it read things that wouldn't normally work (or something weird like that), but the stage doesn't appear to be built in a way that will work correctly for Gecko loaders. Just a guess; I don't know if that alone would cause the blue polygon glitch, but I'll keep looking into it.

Also, did you delete any polygons from any models in this stage? If so, how? That's another thing that could cause issues.

HyperrCrow

Emotional Reality
Unfortunately, I'm still having the same issue with the blue polygons in the camera with your updated Ver. 2.0. Just wanted to give you feedback on that.
Thanks, I think I'll have someone look at this since the issue keeps popping up.

HyperrCrow

Emotional Reality
immediate problem in BrawlBox: Your ModelData[0] has no animations. That means that whatever you did to the Poketopia picture isn't actually happening. I don't know if Dolphin has some differences in loading that makes it read things that wouldn't normally work (or something weird like that), but the stage doesn't appear to be built in a way that will work correctly for Gecko loaders. Just a guess; I don't know if that alone would cause the blue polygon glitch, but I'll keep looking into it.

Also, did you delete any polygons from any models in this stage? If so, how? That's another thing that could cause issues.

I didn't even notice that the animation data was gone in the first ModelData, I just picked up the file that comes with P:M 2.5b and figured it would work fine. And I didn't really do anything to the picture except expand it and place it back there.
I'm thinking you're right on the Dolphin issue because no matter what I do to it, it loads just fine for me every time. Anyways, I didn't really delete any polygons, just edited the buildings Material values and changed their values to zero in an old build of BrawlBox, 0.64d (iirc). I'm thinking that could be the source since when I try to edit anything in that section the buildings always come back all glitched up.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
Editing materials definitely can cause the polygon glitch; I've experienced it myself while creating my last Pokemon Stadium texture. That's something that I didn't notice since I was just skimming through BrawlBox and they were still there when I viewed the model previewer. What were you trying to do, make those skyscrapers in the background invisible?

Edit: Actually, I think I may have found your exact problem. I see that certain materials (the ones that I'm assuming you were trying to remove) you have set to Cull_None. That is the inverse of what you want; you're supposed to do Cull_All to make them invisible. Try fixing all of those and reposting the stage for someone to test.

Edit2: I also noticed that in the glitched screenshot posted earlier, the Poketopia background seems to still be there (though it's hard to tell if it's the correct size/position based on that one angle). This may not actually be an issue like I thought. But I still don't know what happened to the floor, unless that was caused by the same thing that I explained in this post.

HyperrCrow

Emotional Reality
You nailed it, I was trying to get the skyscrapers to turn invisible.
I fixed what you said with the Cull_None and changed the necessary ones to Cull_All and it's up for download, now all I need is someone to test it.
Also I'm thinking the floor glitching was caused during a filesize reduction by lowering the quality of a certain texture, which I left alone this time. In that picture he posted he was using V1.1 in which the Poketopia image wasn't the correct size. In the newer one it's the right size and the floor should hopefully be fine.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
Yeah, start it over from scratch. Only add the Poketopia background (using a proper animation file) and see if that works. Then move on to deleting the buildings and see if it still works.

Did you change anything else or were those the only two main things?

HyperrCrow

Emotional Reality
That was pretty much all I did alongside with reducing the quality of textures that weren't being used.

Edit: After reading this, I'm starting to think that the polygon explosions that crashed the game were due to changing the Translation values early in the project.

HyperrCrow

Emotional Reality
Any luck fixing this yet?
Not any, I've actually been left with no internet with the past week and it's not going to be fixed for a while so I have no way to guide myself except instinct. Although I'll keep trying to fix this even while offline and upload the results when I can.
If you're wondering how I posted this I'm on someone's computer.

HyperrCrow

Emotional Reality
Working version now available you guys :p Enjoy.
I'll continue working on the spotlights from here on out.

Top Bottom