• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Crow's Nest - Silver Flames

HyperrCrow

Emotional Reality
Hey guys, welcome! Before I get started, I'd like to introduce myself. My names HyperrCrow, many people call me Hyperr or Crow, but feel free call me whichever you like best. This used to be a thread specifically for one stage texture I made, but instead of making a brand new thread I've decided to just give this thread a complete overhaul and make it my little hub for my finished work and upcoming projects.

I've been around the smash hacking scene since it started around late '08 like many people, but took my leave in 2010 only to return later in 2012 due to Project M whirling me back in and returning me to my roots, I love smash and can't get away from it! So anyways, I have my fair share of knowledge on a few different fields, although things have come a long way since I left so I'm still catching up a bit and re-learning everything.

When I make stages of any kind I usually upload SSP's, Icons and name Logos for that stage onto Brawlvault, so I'd appreciate it if you guys downloaded my hacks through there, but I'll always have a direct link to the download as well.

Without further adieu, scroll down and see what I've done so far. Also feel free to to comment on any of my works regarding issues or improvements that can be made, enjoy!

[collapse=Falco]
Mirage Falco

Redwing

[/collapse]
[collapse= Roy]
Silver Roy

[/collapse]

[collapse=Smashville]
Fourside Smashville

Collaboration with Mewtwo2000​
[/collapse]
[collapse=Pokemon Stadium 2]
Poketopia

Credit to Mewtwo2000, Amazerommu and hotdogturtle​
[/collapse]
[collapse=Final Destination]
Castle Destination (White)

Collaboration with -Squeen-, Mewtwo2000 and rihuganon​
[/collapse]
[collapse=Battlefield]
P:M Starry Night Battlefield

Collaboration with GenRJ​

[/collapse]

[collapse=Darker Than Black OST]

[/collapse]
[collapse=Pokemon]

[/collapse]
[collapse=Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity]

[/collapse]
[collapse=Touhou]

[/collapse]
[collapse=Vocaloid]

[/collapse]

Current WIP:
Lavender Tower collab with Nguz95

Tero.

Smash Champion
I can't help, but that would be AWESOME, please someone do it!

Mithost

Smash Ace
Locked in a safe floating in the Atlantic Ocean.
This is a really good idea, but stages is my worst section of brawl hacking, so I don't think I'll be of much help. I hope to see someone else come to this thread who wants to help. The title of the thread makes it sound like you are having problems with transformations though, so if you want help with this, you might want to change the title to attract modelers.

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
I am also not an expert on stage editing, but... ahem... OH MY GAWD I NEED THIS STAGE! I really hope somebody helps you fix this. It would be the most awesome Pokemon Stadium 2 hack evar lol. Good luck!

HyperrCrow

Emotional Reality
This is a really good idea, but stages is my worst section of brawl hacking, so I don't think I'll be of much help. I hope to see someone else come to this thread who wants to help. The title of the thread makes it sound like you are having problems with transformations though, so if you want help with this, you might want to change the title to attract modelers.
Thank you for the suggestion, but how would I change the title? I'm still getting used to Smashboards :(

Xenozoa425

Smash Ace
NNID
tehross425
3DS FC
3754-7153-5146
Have you tried replacing unwanted models (like the buildings) with a static model. Also are the searchlights in a seperate BRRES from the buildings?

HyperrCrow

Emotional Reality
Have you tried replacing unwanted models (like the buildings) with a static model. Also are the searchlights in a seperate BRRES from the buildings?

This is the progress I made today through editing CullMode values under the Materials1 in the model, thanks to Mewtwo2000. I've managed to get rid of the buildings and such in the background. As for the searchlights they are indeed their own BRRES. They are under ModelData[4]. From what I've explored into them, it seems you can animate each individual one, but since they only use one texture they can only be on single color.

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
Great progress thus far. I also just learned about static models to replace unwanted clutter. It would've helped alot if I knew about that when I was making the Night Battlefield lol. Ummm... I'm probably way off base, but you could add more of those searchlight models in place of the removed buildings and animate those differently I think, that way it looks like there's some difference in the movement of the search lights. That's probably more tedious than it needs to be though...

HyperrCrow

Emotional Reality
So now are you trying to add that Poketopia image into the background?
Correct, I'm trying to incorporate it waaaaay back around where the sky texture is.

animate them so they are pointing down into the ground (thus out of sight)? I'm not good at stages so stop me if that won't work.
It actually will work, but I'm trying to keep the searchlights there because since I'm trying to incorporate a still image into the background that contains searchlights, having animated ones there already will really add to the liveliness of the texture.

Great progress thus far. I also just learned about static models to replace unwanted clutter. It would've helped alot if I knew about that when I was making the Night Battlefield lol. Ummm... I'm probably way off base, but you could add more of those searchlight models in place of the removed buildings and animate those differently I think, that way it looks like there's some difference in the movement of the search lights. That's probably more tedious than it needs to be though...
I probably could do that, but it does sound tedious lol. I'll look into doing that in the near future once I finish doing everything I actually want done, if I can learn everything right I might be able to add searchlights in different colors and places in order to make a disco type Poketopia.

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
Correct, I'm trying to incorporate it waaaaay back around where the sky texture is.

It actually will work, but I'm trying to keep the searchlights there because since I'm trying to incorporate a still image into the background that contains searchlights, having animated ones there already will really add to the liveliness of the texture.

I probably could do that, but it does sound tedious lol. I'll look into doing that in the near future once I finish doing everything I actually want done, if I can learn everything right I might be able to add searchlights in different colors and places in order to make a disco type Poketopia.
Oh my gawd do it! Lol. That would be kickaye!

HyperrCrow

Emotional Reality
Oh my gawd do it! Lol. That would be kickaye!
Haha I'm trying, first things first though, gotta add that image to the background! Seems like us hackers have very little knowledge on Pokemon Stadium 2 editing beyond what we've done so I hope to learn a bit more in order to help future people who want to edit this stage.

Xenozoa425

Smash Ace
NNID
tehross425
3DS FC
3754-7153-5146
So I guess you can just find a basic 2D model from somewhere, like one of Brawl's stages, or maybe of KCMM or something, then just paste in the image in RBG565 format or whatever, and place it all the way in the background.

HyperrCrow

Emotional Reality
So I guess you can just find a basic 2D model from somewhere, like one of Brawl's stages, or maybe of KCMM or something, then just paste in the image in RBG565 format or whatever, and place it all the way in the background.
About this, I've been working on that and my results with it today were outright hilarious to me lol. Check it out. Not where I want it to be just yet, but it's progress. As for the RBG565 format, that'd be a no, I tested it today and the filesize gets too big and crashes the game so sadly that's not an option :(

210stuna

Smash Lord
Glad you're getting back into it Crow.

I have a feeling this will turn out great, once completed.
I'll be one of the many waiting for your project to be done...Good luck.

Xenozoa425

Smash Ace
NNID
tehross425
3DS FC
3754-7153-5146
Yeah you've definitely gotta scale that sucker up, by like 50 or something, then put it waaaaaaaaaaaaay back there. Center it on the X and Y translation axis, though.

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
About this, I've been working on that and my results with it today were outright hilarious to me lol. Check it out. Not where I want it to be just yet, but it's progress. As for the RBG565 format, that'd be a no, I tested it today and the filesize gets too big and crashes the game so sadly that's not an option :(

Haha that's definitely not what I was expecting but it was hilarious! lol

Also I found this somewhat larger size picture of Poketopia that's decent quality. Every single other one either looks like crap or has some kinda garbage in front of it lol

Figured it might look better if you have to upscale the crap out of it and what not.

Also... does anybody else wish this was a real place? I hope I'm not the only one... lol

Xenozoa425

Smash Ace
NNID
tehross425
3DS FC
3754-7153-5146
Yeah I've been experimenting around with his stage a bit, I found a decent sized image like that, indexed some colors, and slapped it in the background somewhere, but it won't show up in game. I can probably play aound with it some more tomorrow, since today I was figuring out how to extract models and textures from N64 games (which I've wanted to do for a loooooong time).

HyperrCrow

Emotional Reality
Ooooooo, I can definitely put that picture to use once I figure out what needs to be done to get the texture working right. Thanks for the find!

today I was figuring out how to extract models and textures from N64 games (which I've wanted to do for a loooooong time).
I've been busy the last few days as well giving me little time to work on the stage. But are you working on a certain N64 game?

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
Yeah I've been experimenting around with his stage a bit, I found a decent sized image like that, indexed some colors, and slapped it in the background somewhere, but it won't show up in game. I can probably play aound with it some more tomorrow, since today I was figuring out how to extract models and textures from N64 games (which I've wanted to do for a loooooong time).
Nice! A Perfect Dark themed stage would send me into perpetual bliss! lol

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
Haha that's definitely not what I was expecting but it was hilarious! lol

Also I found this somewhat larger size picture of Poketopia that's decent quality. Every single other one either looks like crap or has some kinda garbage in front of it lol

Figured it might look better if you have to upscale the crap out of it and what not.

Also... does anybody else wish this was a real place? I hope I'm not the only one... lol

HyperrCrow

Emotional Reality
I cropped that out easily. This stage is giving me so much problems though, not user friendly. At least not for someone jumping into it so quick.

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
I cropped that out easily. This stage is giving me so much problems though, not user friendly. At least not for someone jumping into it so quick.
Yeah I figured you'd be able to... I wish I knew more about stage editing. I would definitely help you with this because it's gonna be way awesome.

Nguz95

Smash Lord
How's the project coming Crow? The concept is amazing, and I hope you achieve your goal. Unfortunately I am totally useless when it comes to this stuff so all I can offer is moral support. Good luck!

HyperrCrow

Emotional Reality
How's the project coming Crow? The concept is amazing, and I hope you achieve your goal. Unfortunately I am totally useless when it comes to this stuff so all I can offer is moral support. Good luck!
I actually am just now picking it up again because I had to finish my semester at college and what not. I'll keep you guys updated now often now that I'm back at it!
Yeah I figured you'd be able to... I wish I knew more about stage editing. I would definitely help you with this because it's gonna be way awesome.
It's fine haha, I just need a lot of trial and error until I can get this done, I won't give up easily.

Timde9

Smash Cadet
Well I have actually figured out a ton of information about stage hacking recently so I can help with specific issues if you need it. I know how to fix lighting (took forever to figure it out). And I can probably get the a lot of other stuff working as well. Just let me know exactly what your struggling with and I'll see what I can do. As for now you have given me a great idea for a stage! :D

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
Well I have actually figured out a ton of information about stage hacking recently so I can help with specific issues if you need it. I know how to fix lighting (took forever to figure it out). And I can probably get the a lot of other stuff working as well. Just let me know exactly what your struggling with and I'll see what I can do. As for now you have given me a great idea for a stage! :D

Hmmm would you possibly know how to fix the issue I'm having with this stage as well?

Xenozoa425

Smash Ace
NNID
tehross425
3DS FC
3754-7153-5146
The next step you'll want to take is to change the colors of the actual background's sky to match the colors of the sky in the Poketopia image.

I think it's controlled by some TEV values in the materials. Just experiment with the colors until you get something that looks nice and clean.

HyperrCrow

Emotional Reality
The next step you'll want to take is to change the colors of the actual background's sky to match the colors of the sky in the Poketopia image.

I think it's controlled by some TEV values in the materials. Just experiment with the colors until you get something that looks nice and clean.
I was actually testing that in game right now! I just took the Sky01 image and added it to a transparent Poketopia image. Now all I have to do is move the image down a bit in order to get it to look clean and then start messing with the searchlights again. Although your suggestion sounds much better.. and easier.

Xenozoa425

Smash Ace
NNID
tehross425
3DS FC
3754-7153-5146
Also for reference, you can use a color picker tool in your photo editing software to get a general idea of what colors you'll need to use in the materials for the sky model.

Top Bottom