• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Critique

DaShizWiz

Smash Champion
Lol thanks to all for the compliments/funny remarks.

I only ban FD in Friendlies vs Fox's like Silent Wolf. But in tournament I stop sandbagging on that levle :).

Lol, thats my john.

McCloud

je suis l'agent du chaos.
"So foul and f-air a day I have not seen.&quo
Looks good to me Shiz; definitely no problems from a technical standpoint. Your fight against Samus was liek woahomgz for me cause IHSB ***** my foxxy so more than anything I was picking up tips from you. XD

But, against Falcos, I do see that you have the tendency to rely on downsmashes, which is a relatively Falco tactic, uthrow setups are great ! uthrow usmash uthrow chain uthrow uair etc etc all good choices in fox v falco arsenal.

Other than that though, teach me. :p

Druggedfox

Smash Champion
I dont need to watch the vids to know u r better than me cuz i saw the match vs. Forwards' marth on battlefield at ltec2 XD. That alone makes me feel bad for critiquing you =). I only saw the first match but i say many things your fox lacked. The first thing was that after watching your falco you seemed to have given up speed and mindgames for playing smart. You have a slow and smart fox. In the fox vs. Falco match-up, though falco seems to be the aggressive one in the match-up, you should be just as aggressive with fox. You rarely pushed your advantage by doing things like juggling. You didnt use the dair as a stetup for upsmashes, and grabs, which i find to be very useful against falco. More pressuring shield would be good, because it would make the falco feel on edge since he is usually the one pressuring shields with pillaring as im sure you would know XD. Another thing in the match-up vs. Falco...Dont make all of your kills upsmashes. If u can bair him off the stage, and edgeguard him. Even if u dont keep him off the stage, predict a side-b, run towards the middle of the stage, and then grab him where the side-b ends. Chillin does it except he up-tilts instead of grab. Because you are obviously adept at chainthrowing. If u did up throw >> bair, most falcos rush and use side-b. If they dont, its a free shine spike. If they do then it should be a free grab, and with your chainthrowin, it would probably result in a death for the falco. If u dont think u can chainthrow, then upthrow >> up tilts, up smashes, and -airs, should get him to around 80%. At that point a dair > grab > up smash would prolly kill if they didnt DI well. To be aggressive try using full hopped nairs to get above lasers, and then follow where ever he goes to keep the pressure on. You shielded too much against lambchops which caused you to be defensive, and allow lambchops to feel more relaxed in the falco-fox match-up. Anytime you see your self being defensive, jump over the lasers and as long as u dont miss an l-cancel (Shizwiz...MISS AN L-CANCEL?!?!?!?) then you should be able to pressure and get a juggling move in w/o too much trouble. For the matchups, against samus, laser spam because with foxes mobility u should be able to avoid the projectiles. Against jiggs, be patient with lasers and then when u see an opening, you should be able to get a simple combo like nair >> up smash in, which would result in around 27 damage. If u get that in twice, then an up smash or upthrow >> u-air would kill the jiggs. And in training mode u can pull off upthrow >> u-air on jiggs to over 100% damage, so even with DI you should be able to do it against a jiggs in a real match at high enough damage to kill it.

Top Bottom