• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Critique Plz

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Hey, i've been using DK for a whole 3 weeks now, and i used him in tournament for the first time. These are the first vids I'm putting up of my DK, so please critique. These are in winners finals vs my brother, nick riddle. Only 2 of the 4 matches were recorded (we forgot to press Z, the wii had infinite replay) He beat me on the neutral, i won on brinstar, then the PS1 match happens. Enjoy!\

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Btu1zblWedc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eO2jzUNksXs

YagamiDark

Smash Journeyman
Never saw a grounded upB or a down B
But I'm not ZSS matchup expert so I wouldn't know it it's good or not
more bair for sure
try pummeling once when you grab

Four Leaf

Smash Journeyman
In your first video you went for an over special at like 38%. Don't waste your time. It's not worth it at that % because you can't get a kill. You were punished for it, so try not to use it unless they're at a bit higher %. Other than that, pummel when you grab, bair more.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
I almost cried when you did an F throw instead of a D throw into lazers :(
Yeah i'm still getting used to what to do in certain situations, and that was a new one. I beat MKs in this tournament with DK on Brinstar. It's fun :D

OmniOstrich

Smash Lord
@ PS1:
-2:25 dont jump into the **** >_>
-Tip: iirc dspecial hits through the walls into the hole on PS1

@Halberd :
-0:50 was pro edge guard lol
-2:24 was so sad =( dtoss out of cargo puts them right in front of you for future reference.

General Advice:
  • Learn your recovery so you don't suicide, its just going to take practice but you'll get there. I would also recommend you you learn ways to change up your recovery. Headbutt can stall you, holding down while doing upB keeps you from sweetspotting so you can lagless recover onto the stage. It will also be beneficial to learn the timing for lagless upB through every platform, especially on sharking stages.
  • You should learn follow-ups to your attacks. UpB and Dspecial can help with this a lot. Under 50% all your tilts will have a follow up, and so will your dthrow. Dspecial sets up bairs and upB has the SA frames and is hard to punish.
  • If you can't RAR learn to do it, if you can then use it. The double bair/headbutt mixup is great, I've broken plenty of shields and gotten lots of charged smash kills from it.
  • ZSS is vulnerable when you're beneath her, all she can do is Dspecial mixups, us your uair, and utilt to juggle as much as possible.
  • Although they aren't as useful in this matchup, your tilts can generally space really well and set up small attack strings. Dtilt trips 50% and can be followed up with upB, ftilt, and Dspecial. Ftilt can lead to RAR bair pressuring and Dspecial is a true combo with bair.

Top Bottom