• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Critique my Snake

ScAtt77

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ScAtt77

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
Watched the 1st match. I honestly suck against Falcos and know this matchup alot better from Falco's side, so I dont have much to say.

But one thing I like to say is that you shouldnt leave C4 out when your at really low percent, thats basically a free kill for Falco if he grabs you.

Also b-reverse more when trying to land.
if you do a reverse C4 right after a cypher it turns your back to falco which gives you the option of bair.
And Falco's air horizontal movement sucks so if you have him going the wrong way you can land against him pretty easily.

ScAtt77

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ScAtt77
Honestly I tried to b-reverse most of the time, but I wasn't able to build up enough momentum or I just turned around in the air.

Thanks for the tips though. :)

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
i really dont know the falco mu very well, so its hard to critique it properly. and the rob was kinda horrible, so he didnt really push you to play well.

a couple of things i noticed though:

- when recovering, dont be afraid to go high or low if being chased, espc by someone like rob
- when edgeguarding, you should spend most of your time on the stage, ESPC AGAINST ROB. jump off maximum once a match. if he thinks youll do it, and you do, its a stock, even at low percents.
- more nades. not necessarily camping, but throw them in to make your approaches less obvious.
- too many spotdodges at times
- try not to bair all the time on landing, its very punishable
- more b reversal when recovering
- more ff nair when recovering
- try not to always roll behind at the beginning of the opponents new stock.
- mortar slide from a crouch is quite good against falco. practice it.
- gtf away from falco until youre passed the cg. dont recover into him ever, cause he'll grab or fsmash you
- research sdi
- the august video doesnt work

just a few things i noticed.

ScAtt77

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ScAtt77
Thanks for the tips. I should probably mention that I use wiichuck, so I do have some problems sding. What other ways would you suggest approaching with nades?

Also, the August vid is fixed.

Attila_

BRoomer
pretty sure you can sdi better with the wiichuck, cause you can set more things to smash attacks. either way, use your dpad and your joystick and you got no excuses.

play with nades. inside of just running at him, hang back for a bit, throw a few, and then go. we has to dodge nades, and then think about you. splits his focus and gives him much more to worry about.

ScAtt77

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ScAtt77
Alright I changed my d-pad to include smashes( except for the sides since I use those to pivot grab with).
One more thing. Instead of b-airing into the ground with it be better to just double jump if I have one available and b-reverse onto the ground?

Attila_

BRoomer
thats an option. just try to mix it up and land (for the most part) away from people. if they predict a landing, itll almost always be punished.

coming from above with nikitas and grenades can help too.

just experiment with your style a little bit.

Top Bottom