• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Critique my R.O.B.

Ltqi

Smash Rookie
Hey guys I'm new to Smash Boards and I was wondering if somebody could critique my R.O.B. I seem to use all his moves equally. Are there some moves that I should use more than others? Here is a video that is pretty accurate of my playing style. Thanks a lot!

Ltqi
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4QzYMsCkA6s

P.S. Please do not flame me if I am a newbie =/

6Mizu

Smash Champion
Somewhere in the SubspaceEmissary(NC, Morrisville)
All right I'm the 1st post! (I'll add to this as or after watching vid)
Please take this as constructive criticism.
Promise no flames
Question: How did you not get CG'ed that match?

-Too much rolling..............that's some how not being punished.
-You use A LOT of D-smash, you didn't use your tilts AT ALL. Your supposed to use more tilts than smashes w/ rob. (If wanna spam smashes and get away with it play IKE :laugh:..........JK)
- No need to N-air that early in the match, because if it hit those time you use it would be stale and be harder to kill.
-If you're using N-air to punish air dodges...DON'T use U-air.
-You use dash attack often as an OOS...DON'T...it's very punishable.
-You need to try and use more aerials. (except N-air)
-If IC's try to use ice blocks just shot a laser to stop them or a charged gyro it absorbs them.
- Jab canel.
- Use GlideToss, for spacing.
-You said " he can't dodge that move...." if your talking about D-smash or N-air they are both Dodgea-able.
-When got hit at about 2:48 into the video you DI'ed w/ D-air...this is very bad habit/idea.
-You wanna DI with F-air....and fast fall it.
-Try to grab more as well, I mean not against IC's but in general. And If you really wanna grab the Ice Grabbers grabs and quickly do B-throw.
-If you wanna gimp someone don't try to spike them, use F-air/B-air
-D-smash to N-air isn't a combo. :)
-Also...don't taunt unless your on Wi-fi (LAG-FI), it's very disrespectful.

If you wanna know why you should be doing instead of doing what I said above not to.
Simply ask.
:)

Palpi

Smash Hero
Rob does **** damage for his attacks, especially for how they look. It is really hard not to do 10 attacks for like 20-120%...especially if you pummel!

I am gonna post some video eventually, just picked up ROB.

Me and stingers know where its at.

THEND

Smash Cadet
The video may be accurate of your playing style, but your opponent is so terrible that it's hard to critique.

buenob

Smash Lord
you know what you know fairly well, you just _really_ need to work on expanding your comfort zone... walking, jabbing, defensive play... good start :) mostly, you definitely love playing "OOHHH DOWNSMASH" so keep it up

TheMike

Smash Lord
You can nair early in match because you will unstale it by the time a nair will actually kill them.
If I'm not mistaken, Bair is better than Nair for KOs(and Nair also has too much Startup Lag to get one easily). So, I really find no problems to use Nair at the beginning. :]

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
i don't see anything wrong with using nair or bair to rack dmg. i personally just try to rack as much dmg as fast as i can and then kill with whatever works. i do this b/c rob has trouble killing in the 1st place and b/c i often find that when i am looking for a certain move to kill i can never hit it.

now about the video: way to much rolling, to much d-smash, not enough tilts, also u should use your laser and top more and remember u don't always need a fully charged top.

When u fight the ic's try not to approach as much, spam more, separate them and kill nana as soon as u can b/c at higher lvls of play one grab from the ic's equals 1 stock

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
I don't kill with nair. It's too good of a strong retreating aerial, air-dodge raper, and overall good movie to never use it until the end. I kill with Bair and my smashes. Bair is also easier land in my opinion.

Palpi

Smash Hero
I was just giving an example in why you can use it early in a match without consequences. I find myself using it throughout the whole match, regardless of the percent.

Top Bottom