• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Critique My Pit!

Ryos4

Smash Lord
U probably do wing dashes better then i do. But i think u should pick up some "combos" with pit. U always seem to be knocking them away from u with either a dsmash or fsmash. Lots of the time when u dsmashed u could have dtilted and then followed up with some aerials or something doing more damage then just a smash.

Thats just my opinion.

Khaos Blackdragon

Smash Cadet
You don't move around enough. You like to stay in one place, shoot an arrow, and wait. You should be more aggressive and mix your attacks up more. Also, you sidestep too often. You could at least try super slidestepping and see if that works for you.

HolyCrusader

Smash Cadet
Nothing wrong in my opinion. I just say move a little faster. Pit is a fast character and fights on par with characters like Z-Samus and Metaknight(barely).

Coffee™

I need it....
Decent Pit, but as KBD said you don't move around enough and you wait for your opponent to start approaching which isn't always a good thing as you'll get punished for it. Most of the time when you do move its either with a roll or a wingdash, so try to work in some different things like dashing or empty short hops as they can be decent for mind games and can lead into various attack strings.

It would do you well to also work on your arrow accuracy as not much of the arrows you shot actually hit your opponent or were even that close. Focus less on the Arrow looping and more on actually hitting your opponent with the arrows.

Your spacing also needs a bit of work as you sometimes throw around attacks when they aren't necessary and can be easily punished.

S.D

Smash Master
Pretty good Pit.

Couple of things I picked up on - when you wingdash make sure there's a purpose for it, a few times you did random spot wingdashes that served no real purpose. The best application in the match was early when you used it to block an approach.

Work on your arrow control, arrow looping looks cool and can be useful but not all the time. Sometimes you're better off just making sure you hit.

Edgeguarding - Commit to a decision on how you'll edgeguard early and stick to it. Your wing refreshes were clumsy and rushed, you waited too long and didn't give yourself enough time to fully exploit the technique. Zamus is quite easy to gimp off the edge so you generally don't need to be too fancy.

D throw u air is pretty reliable and leads into forward airs, tilts etc. Try work it in if possible.

Overall nice Pit.

Kyuubi9t

Smash Journeyman
your pit sucks

edit: seriously though, it looks like your relying too much on learning the stupid tricks they talk about on here. they dont work. just become more aggressive, use his GLIDE (i didnt see it once), and half the time that u spot dodged, you easily could have landed attacks instead.

Afropony

Smash Lord
your pit sucks

edit: seriously though, it looks like your relying too much on learning the stupid tricks they talk about on here. they dont work. just become more aggressive, use his GLIDE (i didnt see it once), and half the time that u spot dodged, you easily could have landed attacks instead.
You didn't watch the video very intently if you didn't see him glide. Although I believe you are right in that he needs to become more agressive instead of waiting around after you've hitten your opponent away.

you should also think about using the jab A and use a few less smashes.

Also don'y forget we need to put this into the video archive;)

Cha0tic NiGhTmArE

Smash Journeyman
Lakeway(at least 30 minuites from anywhere), TX
your pit sucks

hey i asked fpr a critique not an ego attack by someone thats not sure if he is good or not..you want to say i suck..play and beat me first k?k
secondly i have 2 more vids up and anew thread with them all on ther plus this one so please go check em out

Doctor X

Smash Lord
You need a lot of work. Not trying to be mean or anything, but there are lots of wasted opportunities. You do a lot of dodging and rolling when you could be doing something better, and you hardly ever punish when your opponent hits your shield.

A few really basic things to remember, which I'll be presenting in a numbered list cause those make me look real smart :bee: :

1. If your opponent lags against your shield, punish it. There's no reason not to. Drop your shield and hit him. Don't worry about him retaliating. He can't, not until he learns to pressure your shield safely, and once he does, you'll quickly learn the difference between an approach you can punish and one that you can't.

2. Spacing is almost always better than dodging or shielding. If your opponent comes at you with an attack, your best option is often to dash or even just walk away. It evades the attack without sacrificing anything, plus it often puts you in a great position to respond with your own assault-- one that's far less predictible and punishable than your usual roll or dodge to fsmash. You have a lot of mobility in this game compared to other fighters. Make sure you're utilizing it.

3. Don't use your power moves-- in Pit's case bair, fsmash, and dsmash-- between 70% and 110%. You want them at full power when you've got your opponent to a decent killing %. Check out my "three phase pit" guide for more details.

and 4.... Nice work getting the wingdash down in terms of execution, but you're far from really learning the application. I'd recommend, however, making it one of the least of your priorities for now. You need to work on basics first. Get yourself a much more fundamental feel for the character before you move on to messing with tricks like that. You'll find much more success that way.

Kyuubi9t

Smash Journeyman
You need a lot of work. Not trying to be mean or anything, but there are lots of wasted opportunities. You do a lot of dodging and rolling when you could be doing something better, and you hardly ever punish when your opponent hits your shield.

A few really basic things to remember, which I'll be presenting in a numbered list cause those make me look real smart :bee: :

1. If your opponent lags against your shield, punish it. There's no reason not to. Drop your shield and hit him. Don't worry about him retaliating. He can't, not until he learns to pressure your shield safely, and once he does, you'll quickly learn the difference between an approach you can punish and one that you can't.

2. Spacing is almost always better than dodging or shielding. If your opponent comes at you with an attack, your best option is often to dash or even just walk away. It evades the attack without sacrificing anything, plus it often puts you in a great position to respond with your own assault-- one that's far less predictible and punishable than your usual roll or dodge to fsmash. You have a lot of mobility in this game compared to other fighters. Make sure you're utilizing it.

3. Don't use your power moves-- in Pit's case bair, fsmash, and dsmash-- between 70% and 110%. You want them at full power when you've got your opponent to a decent killing %. Check out my "three phase pit" guide for more details.

and 4.... Nice work getting the wingdash down in terms of execution, but you're far from really learning the application. I'd recommend, however, making it one of the least of your priorities for now. You need to work on basics first. Get yourself a much more fundamental feel for the character before you move on to messing with tricks like that. You'll find much more success that way.
Hey sorry buddy about that, i would love to play your pit sometime. I guess what i really wanted to give you was advice, and i was too lazy and said that your Pit sucks. For that I apologize. Listen to what Doctor X said... its pretty much almost exactly what i was too lazy to write and tell you.

kupo15

Smash Hero
Yup I would have to agree with Doc. Your wingdashing is excellent, but you need be able to win without the ATs before you can incorporate them. Right now, your basics are a bit poor and you are very static. You need to be dynamic and have a feel of controlling the match with the basic moveset first instead of a hit, then waiting for another hit opportunity instead of forcing the next hit opportunity.

Why did he throw away all of the armor parts?

Cha0tic NiGhTmArE

Smash Journeyman
Lakeway(at least 30 minuites from anywhere), TX
Yup I would have to agree with Doc. Your wingdashing is excellent, but you need be able to win without the ATs before you can incorporate them. Right now, your basics are a bit poor and you are very static. You need to be dynamic and have a feel of controlling the match with the basic moveset first instead of a hit, then waiting for another hit opportunity instead of forcing the next hit opportunity.

Why did he throw away all of the armor parts?
Thanks guys here check out these other vids please ill add em :)

Top Bottom