• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Critique my Pikachu" Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

neji32

Smash Lord
it probably because of the bickering we are just having 3 pikachus the COMMUNITY CHOOSES to critique everyone.

@ESAM There are 3 types of people who play pikachu (Or hell smash in general):

1. Older guys who retain their love for Pikachu (Or character)

2. Females

3. Bratty kids who like to spam crap out of people <- they will bicker

4. Neji
Hey i take offense to that D=< you shouldnt claim that, thats not true, take it back, **** you, *bicker* *bicker* *bicker*
No but seriously i dont bicker =D making a 4th type

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Xiivi, just close this. There is no point if not even the other pikas want to help...

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
The thing with a critique thread is that nobody is even going to care if there aren't people who are designated to do it. Somebody else can do it, but i'm not gonna be here to watch it fail harder than this ever would.

Xiivi please close this. Everybody else, stop posting and let it die if he doesn't see this.

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
The thing with a critique thread is that nobody is even going to care if there aren't people who are designated to do it. Somebody else can do it, but i'm not gonna be here to watch it fail harder than this ever would.

Xiivi please close this. Everybody else, stop posting and let it die if he doesn't see this.
ESAM, I think you're overreacting a bit. Some people disagree with your idea (okay, most people do), but iirc even people who don't want it to happen still voted and said you were welcome to try it anyway.

If you were hoping for more contribution, and that's why you're upset, well, these are the Pika boards. We don't get much real contribution here, lol, because we don't have that many active members.

Don't give up so easily. I think it's a fail idea, but if you really want to do it, I welcome the chance to be proven wrong.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
I don't care about doing it, i don't need the response, i know what is wrong with MY playstyle and i really don't need critiquing, just matchup exp. Saying that the pikachu boards aren't active is pointless, and then what will happen when new pikas come in and see we don't post anything? Do you honestly think they will stay? Also, im NOT over-reacting. People are lazy and won't do something just because, and i KNOW this is true for i have personally experienced it, and i know people suck in general at doing **** that doesn't help them immediately. You can try it, i'm not going to waste my time for something that will 100% fail. Having the 3 panelists was a good thing because it would make it so that those three will always post and you wouldn't have to worry about not being critiqued, not because they were the best or smartest, but for consistency. If the new pikachus come here, not everybody critiques, and the number is dwindling fast. I just wanted people to be able to come here and have 3 people who WILL critique them. Somebody else can go ahead and make a critique thread, i don't mind. I'll even help in it, but dont' expect most pikachus to do the same.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
I don't care about doing it, i don't need the response, i know what is wrong with MY playstyle and i really don't need critiquing, just matchup exp. Saying that the pikachu boards aren't active is pointless, and then what will happen when new pikas come in and see we don't post anything? Do you honestly think they will stay? Also, im NOT over-reacting. People are lazy and won't do something just because, and i KNOW this is true for i have personally experienced it, and i know people suck in general at doing **** that doesn't help them immediately. You can try it, i'm not going to waste my time for something that will 100% fail. Having the 3 panelists was a good thing because it would make it so that those three will always post and you wouldn't have to worry about not being critiqued, not because they were the best or smartest, but for consistency. If the new pikachus come here, not everybody critiques, and the number is dwindling fast. I just wanted people to be able to come here and have 3 people who WILL critique them. Somebody else can go ahead and make a critique thread, i don't mind. I'll even help in it, but dont' expect most pikachus to do the same.
I agree that the boards should be more active, but there's only so much you can do. Personally, I try to contribute as much as I can (which has been not as much lately since I've been working on the guide), but being active yourself only inspires so many people. You can't force the rest.

I just don't get why you're giving up all of a sudden. I don't know how many votes you got, but it's not Wednesday yet, and I know at least 3-4 people who said they voted, not including you. For the Pikachu boards, that's a good amount, lol.

As for people not critiquing as much lately, it's unfortunate, but it's one of the reasons why we need as many critiquers as possible. If the people on the panel are expected to critique every new person's matches, wouldn't they have been doing so already? As far as I've seen, no one's shown that kind of critiquing consistency, not you or Stealth or Ussi or anyone else.

Either way, one main critique thread sounds like a good idea, panel or not. I think you should do it. :)

neji32

Smash Lord
Who would of thought this idea would of failed so fast.
Anther is the only good pika therefore only anther can correctly critisize. No anther=no critique.

in before the lock

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Anther is the only good pika therefore only anther can correctly critisize. No anther=no critique.
False. Like I've said before, a good player is not necessarily a good critiquer (not talking about Anther in particular, as I've never seen his critiquing skills).

Likewise, a player who's not great can still critique fairly well. It does help to have experience with what you're critiquing, but there are other skills that come into play, such as your ability to observe & analyze from an objective standpoint.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Thanks ussi, but i'm giving up on this idea. One of you can make a critiquing thread, which nobody is going to use anyway because its easier to be noticed if you make your own thread. Go ahead, i'm not stopping you.

KuroKitt10

Smash Journeyman
I still really think that a single stickied thread would be great for critiques! It will clean up the forums a bit, and make things easier to find and browse.

I didn't mean to offend you ESAM, I honestly think you've got a great idea! I just think that "officiating" a "panel" is just a bit superfluous. I mean, the Q&A thread doesn't have a panel for it, and it still gets lots of responses!

I just don't see that the act of naming anyone will actually do anything beyond throwing some names out there, and I think it would be more community building as a whole to simply have the entire community participate. I understand that the rest of the community can still participate, but I'm speaking purely from a presentation stand point.

It's much more welcoming to new comers if they look around the forums and they see that everyone is a real part of the community. It can be a little daunting sometimes if you come here and you get the impression that there are certain people who have more "say" than others - and this is what I personally feel picking a panel will make new comers feel like - even if that is not the intent.

However, if you still don't want to make a new thread for this, I wont mind making one, assuming no one else minds? I think having a critique thread is a great idea.

Meow.

neji32

Smash Lord
False. Like I've said before, a good player is not necessarily a good critiquer (not talking about Anther in particular, as I've never seen his critiquing skills).

Likewise, a player who's not great can still critique fairly well. It does help to have experience with what you're critiquing, but there are other skills that come into play, such as your ability to observe & analyze from an objective standpoint.
i guess :ohwell:

If theres all these subthreads for everything then there will eventually be nothing to post 0=

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Just ignore this thread, it means nothing...if you guys want i will continue. Just post here if you want me to do the panelists or not. If you don't, i will let the thread die.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom