• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Critique My Peach(2nd)

Ryobeat

Smash Ace
Please help critique my peach. This tournament(No Johns) was May5th, so i learned some things such as
-Roll less (I rolled ALOT LESS in these matches, but i can reduce it a little more)
-Stay out of sheild more. I was pressured so i kept sheilding, which isnt good.
-Dont hold turnips when they come back, because it takes away my options.
-Stop using desperate down smashes. That hurt me. I need to think of something to get into the habit of INSTEAD of the desperate down smash.

Also, point out my strengths and weaknesses. I wanna know what im doing wrong, but at the same time i need to know what i need to keep up. Lastly, i wanted to know; how is my spacing? I'm not so good at pointing out individually the specifics of it, and i dont know what to work on, so much would be appreciated if you helped. Here are the videos:

Game 1 : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TqVqGGiUrgE&feature=youtu.be
Game 2 : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9B1t0lx--FE&feature=youtu.be
Game 3 : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCmtXWXGttU&feature=youtu.be

kalamazhu

Smash Journeyman
i only watched game 1
I honestly didn't see u in shield for too long in that game (maybe i wasnt paying attention) and u use CC dsmash too much when ur flustered. i would say shield more and learn ur OOS options as peach.
Only dsmash when u are sure u are going to get the hit or atleast hit ur opponents shield. missing a dsmash is one of the worst things u can do because it's out there for so long and the opponent has a lot of time to react.
too much dair when ur coming down thats a bad move.
learn how to wavedash better cus ur only movement is right now is running.

Ryobeat

Smash Ace
Besides Nair OOS, what other things are there to do? Besides sheild grab too :p i wanna learn to have a variety. And what are some other things i can do when i am coming down? (I just thought of Air Dodging just now.)

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
Never ever do that, please (unless it's FC dair OoS, then MAYBE). You should alternate between shield grab, SH nair OoS, FC nair OoS, SH bair OoS, FC bair OoS, floating (not necessarily doing anything afterwards either, just floating) OoS. And learn to wavedash OoS, too (no, this does NOT mean wavedashing out of New Jersey. :glare:

When you're landing, don't do the same thing over and over. You can try to hit them with a bair on your way down (be wary of CC), or airdodge down, or land on a platform. Also experiment with JUST landing.

Saw you on the Zenith stream for a bit. Do you play with Peaches regularly? You seem to be pretty proficient in the ditto.

Ryobeat

Smash Ace
OH, i forgot to put FC, i was thinking about some possible use, i'll try it on my friends for fun to see what happens. And i have to start incorporating wavedash OOS. AND I ONLY WISH I COULD WAVEDASH OUT OF JERSEY. Our melee community is so dead x_x anyways, i do have to remember to change it up, and air dodging is a good tactic, it just never came to my mind.

Also , Upsmash OOS is PRETTY useful, considering its hitboxes are also on the side of you. Im trying to experiment with it more, because it saves me from getting grabbed sometimes, so i want to look further into it.

And peach dittos, i actually have only played 1 other peach. And other like, 3 matches. Im good at dittos, period, and i also treated it as if it were Jiggz, because they have the same weight properties. I also experimented a little in the match because i felt confident i could beat that guy, so for fun i was catching turnips and using different kinds of moves. :)

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
lol forever if you think the only difference between me and you is more downsmashes and chaingrabbing

Ryobeat

Smash Ace
Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, i was like, really discouraged, the next comment was me being like "im a *****" ._.

But honestly, you noticed how you used alot more downsmash, and i understand that it was at better times and better places. But then whats the difference? (In all seriousness asking) I feel like its that you spaced your moves better, and the rest im unsure of

And by only difference, i meant in the matches it LOOKED like it, your clearly a MUCH better player.

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
My out of shield game is a lot faster, resulting in better punishes. My powershields allow me to counter his laser spam and approaches. Turnips for zoning and edgeguarding. I'm actually aggressive of the stage and don't let Falco back if he doesn't have a jump. I use my moves not only to control space (fair) but also to contort my body to avoid attacks while punishing with bair, dtilt, fsmash, downsmash.

Also my hits mean something. You just kind of hit him, while I hit him to combo/gimp/kill. Also my grabs were a lot more vicious, such as game 2.

Top Bottom