• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Critique my Ness.

Ref

Smash Champion
NNID
Refpsi
I'll begin with some things. First becareful when grabbing try not to attempt it often. If you grab to much it's predictable, and will be punished. Grab when the opportunity comes.

I also noticed to stayed grounded a lot. Try to be more aerial based, short hop aerial more often. Don't DJ Pk fire if you get punished for it. Try dashing back and pk fireing forward if you need to use the move.

Also don't forward smash so much, the move is not very good.

Also Pkt to juggle your opponent when they are above you.

I would like to see more D airs, N airs, and all the other aerials. They can lead to good things.

Short hop your aerials and if you are going to get punished, retreat, or Double jump and perform another aerial.

The main thing I would like for you to do is stay more aerial based, less grounded and grab based. I also would like offline videos, wifi ones aren't that good for this stuff.

_clinton

Smash Master
I wouldn't mind taking your Ness for a crash corse if you don't mind TC ^_^

jorge199494

Smash Apprentice
lol u stole my yellow ness xD but still ur ness iznt bad ill tell u that i want to play u nd maybe give u some tips too

Man of Popsicle

Smash Lord
On the first video... wth is with that short hop PKF? it was out of place. ( try moar f/nair ;0 ) You don't seem to have the... flow... of sucessful ness mains. You guys might know what I mean.

GotenOnNimbus

Smash Apprentice
Moar yo-yo if you're going to be on the ground. I noticed a lot of times in the first two (didn't watch the third yet) that you could have whipped out the yo-yo to stop something from above or behind you.

Uffe

Smash Hero
Okay, here's what I have to offer.

1. Lack of Yo-yo when grounded.
  2. Less rolling.
  3. Don't be afraid to air dodge when returning instead of attacking.
  4. More usage of PSI. It's Falcon, no need to worry about him so much since he has no projectile.
  5. Know when to grab. If you grab and continue, they'll punish you.
  6. More tilts, less Bats.
  7. When using PK Flash to edge guard, if the opponent is low, as in below the stage, use PK Flash around you unless you're fighting characters with reflective, absorption and counters. Still, doesn't mean you can't use it if they're far out.
  8. Don't use down air on characters you know have better priority than you like Snake's up tilt.
  9. If there are platforms, which there were when you fought Snake, if he's going to throw Grenades, use PK Thunder on the platform unless he starts tossing Grenades up on the platforms.
  10. Don't rush into a dash attack. Snake's especially. Use a Hyphen Smash or PK Fire to stop him in his tracks.
  11. Use more neutral airs. That's great for knock back. Don't forget to use Ness' Short Hop > Down air, too.
  12. Use more PK Fire on Bowser, but at a safe distance or with PK Jump.
  13. Avoid his grab release if possible.
  14. Use a lot of forward air on him since he's a large target, but don't forget to retreat or you'll get grabbed.

Uffe

Smash Hero
Some of my explanations are flawed. In other words I didn't write them clearly to understand. When I brought up the part about grabbing, don't be afraid to grab, but don't make it obvious to the point where your opponent is going to punish you. As for Snake's up tilt, which is his leg kicking upward, if he likes using that, don't try to use your down air on that because you'll most likely be the one getting hurt. Same with Marth's up smash. Avoid that altogether.

When I said use PK Thunder on the platforms, I meant be on the platform and attack using PK Thunder. It's okay to spam with Ness. As for Bowser's grab release, he can do one of two things and probably more. If you get grabbed but escape, you'll either go upward or backward. If you go upward, he can use his Bowser Bomb. Of course you escaping backwards will probably have a bigger and easier effect for him to use it. Then you've got Bowser's down tilts. If you escape backwards, like move away from him, he can use his down tilt to hurt you.

Uffe

Smash Hero
Bowser and Falcon shouldn't be much of a problem. Snake however is a problem for just about every character.

Top Bottom