• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Critique my IC's...=P

smaci92

Smash Lord
Finally got some vids of my "offline" IC's...:)

I'm not perfect, and I'd like some things to work on (I can easily 0-death, but I chose vids that I didn't 0-death...or else there wouldn't be anything to critique? right?). Thanks for any useful criticism! :bee:

IC's vs. Sheik

IC's vs. Lucario

if those links don't work, click
here and here.

*Note: I was experimenting with things on the second game...but it was not a bad game overall...I just did some dumb things. but watch till the end...it's kinda a surprise ending...a little twist :)

Flamingo

Smash Lord
Dang, very nice grabs. I've never played against someone who could do that grab.. But I must comment, as a Sheik main... The Sheik that you played against had it all wrong by trying to grab you... He didn't use needles once, the chain is semi-effective against ICs... and furthermore he didn't chase Nana while she was vulnerable (the few times that she was vulnerable)

I must say, very nice ICs though... I wanna go up against them now! xD

PS. KUDOS FOR PLAYING OFFLINE! Wifi blows.. :D

smaci92

Smash Lord
lol thanks! all the vids I post are usually online, cause everyone is obsessed with melee over here -_-. so I was excited to finally get some offline vids. :bee:

the sheik guy was kinda giving up, cause I kept 0 deathing him and 3 stocking him lol...so this was one of our last games, and he wasn't playing well at all...XD

Stray Element

Smash Cadet
Your match against RMAC made me wince. Whenever I use belay like you did, and the IC do it together but it doesn't become a tether I string together curses in ways that they shouldn't be :bee:.

Do you know if RMAC plays against IC at all? He could have done a lot more to separate them. The only critique I have is that you could have done a little bit more to try and re-sync your IC when you were trying to recover, to avoid things like the double belay fiasco. Other than that your IC are awesome.

smaci92

Smash Lord
Your match against RMAC made me wince. Whenever I use belay like you did, and the IC do it together but it doesn't become a tether I string together curses in ways that they shouldn't be :bee:.

Do you know if RMAC plays against IC at all? He could have done a lot more to separate them. The only critique I have is that you could have done a little bit more to try and re-sync your IC when you were trying to recover, to avoid things like the double belay fiasco. Other than that your IC are awesome.
thanks ^_^
rmac plays against IC's all the time, cause he's my brother lol. and the reason belay didn't work on the second stock was because I was dumb and used ice block before it, and that desynced them hhaha...the was so stupid of me, I could have used bair and stage spiked him...whatever, it was a nice surprise ending. :) and now that I re-watch, I think they both could've done a better job seperating me, since half the time I play, I desync...I love desync; it's so fun... =P

good job, fine ICs, nice CG, blah blah blah, which vid is it?
which vid is what?

KRDsonic

Smash Master
Good desyncing and stuff, doesn't look like your opponents know much about fighting Ice Climbers though, and your two suicides in the match against Lucario made me twitch a couple times :p

lain

Smash Master
Your opponents weren't exactly good players, so it's hard to say.

HOWEVER i can infer that you knew when to run in for a grab at an opportune time, you know the lag times and the windows of opportunity, and it looks like you abuse shield well. Your grabs are pretty nice too.

Just get a vid with some good opponents!

:colorful:

smaci92

Smash Lord
Just get a vid with some good opponents!
Thanks lain...:). Good opponents are impossible to find here cause they're all obsessed with melee over here...-_-. The best opponent I can find is my brother's lucario in the second vid, but he doesn't really know how to deal with my IC's just yet...=P

your two suicides in the match against Lucario made me twitch a couple times :p
ya, they were pretty dumb suicides and could've easily been avoided...like, on the first suicide, I should have done belay instead of squall, and on the second suicide, I shoul've stage spiked him with bair instead of desyncing them with Ice Block lulz. Pretty dumb of me :laugh:

i don't think i count as a good opponent, but this vid is too lulzy to pass up:

ttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pp0LpcPQ1bY

major smaci fail! :chuckle:
lol omg, why'd you have to post that one here?!! XD don't watch it anyone........please!!!

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
lol exactly. i don't know anybody (aside from chibi) thats anywhere near as good online as they are off.
All of those vidjos I posted were online. :]

Good stuff Smaci, but you should already know what I think because I played your ICs. xD

ChibiIceClimberz

Smash Ace
NNID
ch33bdragonite
3DS FC
5370-0405-0580
lol exactly. i don't know anybody (aside from chibi) thats anywhere near as good online as they are off.
P&N, KRD, and Bunny are the ones are very good online too; I saw Kawaii Bunny's videos & I remember I commented on it, and I've played P&N and KRD, but I haven't played P&N for a while since he's training with the chaingrabs I usually do.

Anyways, the Sheik video was okay, showing your ICs were good on that match, but the Sheik probably didn't do a good performance. While Lucario was kind of awkward with the suicides, and the match had that feeling that it was hard... but anyways, it was totally fine. And BTW I think I realize that you're much better offline, with much improvement than before. :)

Edit..
The Sheik match, you did a lot of powershielding. 0.o;
I forgot KRD! 0.0

ignore the fire

Smash Journeyman
Good stuff man.
You had some crazy attempts off the edge where a nice little desync edge guard would have worked, but besides that it looked good.
Some strange choice of CGs too. Like the dthrow>bthrow. I would suggest a bthrow>dthrow... it's a little easier. ;)

smaci92

Smash Lord
Good stuff man.
You had some crazy attempts off the edge where a nice little desync edge guard would have worked, but besides that it looked good.
Some strange choice of CGs too. Like the dthrow>bthrow. I would suggest a bthrow>dthrow... it's a little easier. ;)
I do bthrow to dthrow...but I like bthrow to bthrow more. It's way easier than it looks :)

The Sheik match, you did a lot of powershielding. 0.o;
what is powersheilding anyways? people seem to tell me I do it a lot...is that a good thing or a bad thing? lulz

ChibiIceClimberz

Smash Ace
NNID
ch33bdragonite
3DS FC
5370-0405-0580
what is powersheilding anyways? people seem to tell me I do it a lot...is that a good thing or a bad thing? lulz
When you time the shield right, it will powershield or normally known asperfect shield, but it happens accidentally for the most part; it's that crackle sound it makes when you shield. One of the effects are... it might even reflect or just reflect upwards, doesn't decrease your shield size, and it's just perfect, and probably you can't get grabbed when you powershield? I don't really know.

ignore the fire

Smash Journeyman
I do bthrow to dthrow...but I like bthrow to bthrow more. It's way easier than it looks :)
Haha I know I'm not talking about the bthrow>bthrow. You did a CG in the Lucario matchup where Popo did a dthrow to a Nana regrab. Nana then did a bthrow for a Popo regrab. Then you did another Popo dthrow and Nana had to do some kind of turnaround thing. I just think it looked difficult lol. I just suggested having Popo bthrow to a Nana regrab then have Nana dthrow to a Popo regrab. It just seemed like it would be easier.

But yeah the bthrow>bthrow is cool too. :bee:

Oh, and powershielding is good thing. It's just hard to do with the ICs (unless you're running) because Nana is always 4 (?) frames behind Popo, and a powershield has to be frame-perfect.

smaci92

Smash Lord
well I just find it hard to bthrow lucario for some reason...:ohwell:

oh, so powershielding is just "perfect shielding"??? the shield thing the makes a "DING!" sound if you do it perfectly?

ignore the fire

Smash Journeyman
well I just find it hard to bthrow lucario for some reason...:ohwell:

oh, so powershielding is just "perfect shielding"??? the shield thing the makes a "DING!" sound if you do it perfectly?
Yeah the terms are interchangeable I guess.
It will make the "DING!" sound and it won't deplete your shield at all.

Bnzaaa

Smash Ace
Yeah the terms are interchangeable I guess.
It will make the "DING!" sound and it won't deplete your shield at all.
And your shield flashes. I love powershields :).

The problem with it is if Popo activates a powershield, Nana may get hit because Nana reacts 6 frames lower. You only have 2 frames to activate a powershield so it has to be frame perfect more or less.

Powershielding is beast. You can do anything out of it to punish your opponent, including grab. And like ITF said, it doesn't deplete your shield at all.

Your Ice Climbers are pretty good from these vids. You know when to grab your choice of chaingrabs are interesting. I really like the dysynchs.

Top Bottom