• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Critique my Fox!!!

Havokbringer

Smash Lord
Hey everybody finally got some videos of my fox on youtube , I second fox (my main is marth).Anyways I'm pretty technical but you will see that your self.Hopefully you all enjoy my vids and give me some positive feed back oh and makesure you watch the second one at least because it's great.Thanks Enjoy.

Fox Matches
Match one

Match two

Match three

Match four

Match five

Brookman

Smash Hero
I only watched the first match. I think you're pretty good and should focus on improving your own recovery and teaching your friend how to edge gaurd better.

Havokbringer

Smash Lord
Thank you.Well my recovery didn't need to be to fancy that match but I know what you mean , also my friend is good at edge guarding just...well...it's only the first match but you'll see the rest of the matches his edge guarding is better especially match 4.Thank you for your feedback.:D

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I got reminded of my own fox while watching the first match >_>. Pretty good.

takieddine

Smash Master
You need to work on eluding your opponent, it seems as if you were hasty, which threw some of your l-cancels/spacing off.

Decent fox though.

j00t

Smash Champion
Eh, the way I see it, you tried too many drillshine combos on Marth. Just one waveshine -> uthrow -> uair should be fine.

Brookman

Smash Hero
I'd really like to see you vs a better opponent.

More up throw up airs, please.

Havokbringer

Smash Lord
Lol.Yea well I know that I can u-throw up-air after drill shine more but these are friendlies so I didnt want to be an ******* but yea I know what you all mean and if I get to use my fox in a tourney match then I will make sure to record it.Thanks for your feedback everybody.:D

Brookman

Smash Hero
up throw back air fast full up tilt will work in place of u airs at lower percents...sort of.

mikeHAZE

Smash Legend
Lol.Yea well I know that I can u-throw up-air after drill shine more but these are friendlies so I didnt want to be an ******* but yea I know what you all mean and if I get to use my fox in a tourney match then I will make sure to record it.Thanks for your feedback everybody.:D
don't be afraid to be a ******* in friendlies. It's good to practice as you actually would in tournament sometimes, just to make sure you know what you're doing.

Brookman

Smash Hero
don't be afraid to be a ******* in friendlies. It's good to practice as you actually would in tournament sometimes, just to make sure you know what you're doing.
I'm solid testament to what happens when you don't play seriously enough in friendly matches.

Havokbringer

Smash Lord
Well thanks everybody for your advice and great feedback on my Fox.Zelda Master I will definetly put more up for you all to watch.As for Brookman and Menacing Mike , your advice will not be wasted thanks.Of course to explain myself about the friendlies we do try the hardest we can and I will make sure when we record again I will show you what my fox can do.Thanks:D

L-10

Smash Cadet
awesome foxxxxx
kinda like mine but better spacing.. not to put u down in anyway

Relhots

Smash Lord
The first match was really good. I would use more aerial combos though but thats because my playing style is not like yours. But I loved the first match it was awesome!

GOTM

Smash Champion
i only watched the first match. with that said...

being aggressive is good but remember, sometimes playing campy until you find an opening to be aggressive is key. especially vs. marth. good tech skill though.

nashdar13

Smash Cadet
I live in Springfield, MO, with no smashing buddie
I only watched the first match....

At 1:02 of the match you illisuoned with Fox at Marth which is a nono because that was good oppuntunity for Marth to start a decent combo on you. Alot of The times that marth could of started a good combo on you he diidn't because he is a bit novice like at 1:05 of the match. ( basing everything off the first match for this post but will watch others later.)

You got alot of really good wavedashing and shining and mindgames.

For the Marth... start letting you range advantage come in effect and stop letting the Fox get so close and charge you with his B^, when he is charging that is the time for you to start a decent combo. You need to work on cmobo and executing thme to your opponet.

keep practicing guys (^_^)!!!

EDIT:::: I watched a bit of the 4th match and wanted to change that the Marth isn't that novice, just to get that cleared up.

Havokbringer

Smash Lord
Yea lol.It's KingGerudo playing marth but , even if you saw the fourth match his marth just doesn't space properly and his timing is a bit shaky.If you want just watch his Ganondorf , it's much better.

KIngGerudo

Smash Lord
Havokbringer, you forgot to tell them i dont use marth. now i look like someone who doesnt know anything. going on sunday?

EDIT: somehow my internet fuqd this up and made it look like it was only one page so i couldnt see what else you said. im bored and havent smashed in a while so i will have to warm up my cheatin stuff and maybe we can fox ditto and i will falco ditto casey tomorrow.

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
Not bad, not bad.

You need to think a bit more though. Nair approaches are nice, but try playing a bit defensively. Also, be careful near the edge, in your first match, there were times at which you randomly ended up offstage and had to illusion back. Against a better edge-guarder, you would've been done. :(

otherwise, good ish.

Havokbringer

Smash Lord
Lolz.Thanks for the advice(seriously)but these are friendlies so we try not to work too hard at them since we play almost everyday(atleast when college starts back up).Also I just think playing offensivly with fox just works out better , his range sucks (besides his lasor) so it doesnt really work out besides spamming bairs the whole game which is no fun:(.Thanks for your comments:D.

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
You've obviously never seen a really smart fox play. I never said to play ONLY defensively. You need to learn how to priority camp sometimes. To know what move beats out what, and when to use it, is key in Fox play.

havokbringer said:
Lolz.Thanks for the advice(seriously)but these are friendlies so we try not to work too hard at them since we play almost everyday
Why would you post matches you weren't playing seriously in, then ask for a critique? Don't make friendly johns.

Brookman

Smash Hero
Fox's range is kinda bad...especially compared to marth >____>

It's his speed that really makes up for his lack of range...

Havokbringer

Smash Lord
You've obviously never seen a really smart fox play. I never said to play ONLY defensively. You need to learn how to priority camp sometimes. To know what move beats out what, and when to use it, is key in Fox play.

Why would you post matches you weren't playing seriously in, then ask for a critique? Don't make friendly johns.
What the hell??Why are you so mad?I never disregarded your advice because I know what you mean , what I meant was that I prefer to play offensive but doesn't mean I don't know how to play defensive when I need too(I main Marth...enough said).How would you know if I've never seen a smart fox play before?I live in freakin Cali where I can watch Zelgadis,Luninspectre,Tang,Falcomist(when he plays fox),Zodiaklucien,etc. play at biweeklies.

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
I wasn't mad...

& the only reason I said you've "obviously never seen a really smart fox play" is because you figured that all offense is best.

I was trying to relay the fact that a mixture of both offense and defense (and no, spamming bairs isn't defense, like you thought it was), is what most Fox players should strive to embody.

So to restate my first few words: I wasn't mad....seriously..lol.

Havokbringer

Smash Lord
Oh ok.At first i was like "What the craap??"but cool as long as your not mad thats good.Like I said before , I get what your saying and of course I know the meaning of a good offense and defense.What I meant was that with Fox it's just too much fun to play offensivly.Well only way I can show you is if I record a match with a much better marth , so thats what i'll do(expect that in the near future).Thank you for you comments.:D

kobefox2485

Smash Apprentice
NNID
alfredo24pr
good but you need to switch between offensive style to defensive so you would be less predictable. but seriously i couldnt find almost anything wrong, so work on mindgames. dashdance, shine and use triangle juming

bb.

Smash Apprentice
Hey Ky!

Nice fox, ive seen it more technical though =P
And you forgot me on the smart fox list of Norcal >=/

=)

2-Tone

Smash Journeyman
your fox is pretty good. Not to repeat what others have said, but yeah, a little work is needed on the defense. Other than that keep doin' your thing.

Top Bottom