• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Credits

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
This thread will die very quickly. I'll see to that. But I need to know who to credit with what discoveries. I know that these sorta threads can cause flame wars but I trust that won't happen here in the Pit Forum. ^_^

Anyway I'm working on an article at the moment and I need to know who to credit with all of the Techniques and Advanced Techniques discovered for Pit. I understand some of these are general discoveries and as such aren't going to be credited to a single person. So please pinch in and give me a hand. ^_^

This list will be updated as a consensus for each are agreed upon. Text in Red contested.
  1. Angelic Step, The - UndrDog
  2. Arrow Blitzing - General Discovery
  3. Arrow Chasing - UndrDog
  4. Arrow Looping - General Discovery
  5. Arrow Swarming - General Discovery
  6. Arrow Dancing/Stalling - General Discovery
  7. ART (Angel Ring Technique) - Kupo
  8. Glide Canceling - General Discovery
  9. Glide Hopping
  10. Glide Shifting
  11. Gliding - General Discovery
  12. SHFairWoI (Short Hop Forward Air Wings of Icarus)
  13. Slide Stepping - UndrDog
  14. Super Armor - General Discovery
  15. Wave Gliding
  16. Wing Canceling
  17. Wing Dashing - Kupo
  18. Wing Fatigue - General Discovery
  19. Wing Lunging - General Discovery
  20. Wing Pivot - Sagemoon
  21. Wing Refreshing - Sagemoon
  22. Wing Renewal - Sagemoon
  23. Wing Shoving - General Discovery
  24. Z Canceling - Sagemoon
Note if I missed one let me know. ^_^

sagemoon

Smash Lord
I'm credited for the wing renewal, z-cancelling, wing pivot (you missed that one), wing fatigue. Btw wing renewal is on there twice (unless infinite jump is different than wing renewal, if they are i discovered both). I think that's it...

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
Flame

Wing dashing/cancel was kupo, wasnt blitzing and chasing you? wing shove is just in the game not an AT. dont for get glide shifting

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
Cosine Glide? I'm lost now

Blitzing wasn't by me. It was a general discovery by the Japanese. I suppose I was the first to apply Chasing though.

I'll get on to updating the first post. ^_^

EDIT: Just for the fun of it I'm going to contest Wing Fatigue as a general discovery. lol

sagemoon

Smash Lord
Wing fatigue was first thought of to be out of the momentum when you use it. I was the first one to point out and argue that it was from how fast it's done from the last one. But yeah for the sake of it being part of the game, put it as a general discovery. I just explained the mechanics.

Umm theres a youtube video that dates before US release that showed arrow swarming... I'll try to see if i can find it.

CosGlide was kinda a joke. There was a thread on tactics of how to use it and someone suggested to use it like the curve of cosine.

Edit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCa4elU8xJU That was the first arrow swarming i've seen on video

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
lol Ok. And show me the swarming. It was a concept I pondered before the release and managed the day after I got the game. So if it was done by the Japanese then it was most likely before me.

And my actual reasoning was the the R.O.B. players had already labeled it as "Running Out of Gas" which follows the basic concept of Wing Fatigue.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
Uh, please rephrase your statement CorruptFate into the form of coherency. ^_^

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
Oh ok. I thought it was a three letter profanity. lol Anyway year that term is usually seen as a derogatory term, even though now a-days it's the abv. used by many things. (Even though the real abv. is JPN)

FzeroX

Smash Journeyman
I gotz a new thing to add, Discovered by Me I thinkz (YAYZ!! fo rondom Wired typzing)

The reverse slide step - FzeroX

Since Pit's sidestep has IASA frames, you can sidestep into a sidestep. And since Pit's sidestep has backwards momentum during it you can sidestep during the IASA frames to continue to move backwards.

I have a replay, and I have talked to Admiral Bowser about this, And gave him the replay. Nothing useful But still... I can now say that I have contributed to the Pit boards YAY ^_^

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
This was discovered already sadly. >_<

As for the Swarming vid it makes me sad. I wish I had the proper equipment back then. The creepy thing is that he and I have the exact same stage built, right down to the background. lol

Anyway I'll label both as general discoveries then. ^_^

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
It's a general discovery I'm sure. Many people certainly saw this when putting the shield on late.

FzeroX

Smash Journeyman
Awww it makes me sad that I fail at everything I do. T.T

I should just runaway and hide in the unkown (lol) forest. Cause I fail at being a Pit and Doing stuff.

*runs away and cries*

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
Awww it makes me sad that I fail at everything I do. T.T

I should just runaway and hide in the unkown (lol) forest. Cause I fail at being a Pit and Doing stuff.

*runs away and cries*
Its ok (pat on back pat on back) i havent found anything either. If people wanta give me credit ill take it lol

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
I discovered that I suck with Pit. Credit to me.

kown

Smash Lord
This is like brag central.
i created that and i created this..... lmao
but i do understand that undrdog is just trying to give credit to those that deserve it and thatas awesome. nice thinking undr and much props to Kown for his amaziness to the pit community.
but seriously im just gunna say Kupo you came out of no where and changed pit and you help me on vids so thank you kupo.
undr you and me go back to when i was worst than you. lol (if u get it)
sagemoon thnxs for playing me online
rhyfelwyr- i dont c u much anymore on these boards and i hope your still alive but u were the first pit that inspired me to get better and i think u deserve a place on these boards.
corrupt fate- kept us together with his brilliant clan ideas and is now helping uus put a book together compiling all of pits match ups.
i also think that pit would be no where with out all the little things that ppl do. such as give there ideas and opinions on topics. every little bit helps so thnxs to all the pit players!

im about to start crying................:(

i created Kown's Thread. thats worthy of an AT!!!!!!

kupo15

Smash Hero
Idk if you want to include winglanding on there in which I discovered. It still isn't developed yet. Im planning on playing around with that a bit more.
As, I didn't come up with the discovery of wing Cancel.
that was a nice post Kown T_T On behalf of everyone mentioned, thanks! :D

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
This is like brag central.
i created that and i created this..... lmao
but i do understand that undrdog is just trying to give credit to those that deserve it and thatas awesome. nice thinking undr and much props to Kown for his amaziness to the pit community.
but seriously im just gunna say Kupo you came out of no where and changed pit and you help me on vids so thank you kupo.
undr you and me go back to when i was worst than you. lol (if u get it)
sagemoon thnxs for playing me online
rhyfelwyr- i dont c u much anymore on these boards and i hope your still alive but u were the first pit that inspired me to get better and i think u deserve a place on these boards.
i also think that pit would be no where with out all the little things that ppl do. such as give there ideas and opinions on topics. every little bit helps so thnxs to all the pit players!

im about to start crying................:(

i created Kown's Thread. thats worthy of an AT!!!!!!
whats all that about (little hurt btw I helped with tourny stuff and sig what not):laugh:

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
lolits all cool I know that I havent helped out much on the boards truth is im on here more the my brawl game through.

Side not after you all left the pit clan looks like it died and i will most likely be removing my own clan from the war (sad I know) so if people wanta rejoin the clan (don't mean any presser) it could/would keep the clan in the game if not i most likely leave too:(

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
lol Kown you enspired me:

undr: you've all ways been like a step dad to this group leading everyone then talking smack about us and there is nothing we can do, and bring home stray pits he finds.:laugh:
sagemoon don't really know you much but I always tell my friends your the best pit I know(ish) and could beat them.
rhyfelwyr- always woved your guide wish it keeped going and nice work on the combo thread.
Kown- made kowns thread one of my favs with his 6ish year old self, then forget about me when he thanks people. lol:laugh:
Admiral Bowser: always confused me with his army like talk (you in the army)
Lishish: cant spell your name and never will but you helped with the clan.

Now who's posting theres next?:chuckle:

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
This forum is seriously spoiled... I wish I had more room in my sig to add your quote though CF.

Anyway let's get back to the topic. At least for a little bit. I want to know from people other then me who should be credited with what.

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
Fine everything we make becomes a spam Also I think I came up with that quote but people say it sounds familiar but can never tell me where if you know let me know if not I clame it

Wing shove is either kupo or general I say general its somthing the game does

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
I want to say general too since it was something I myself noticed when going through Subspace. Not too sure though, it's actual application in competitive play needs to be taken into account too.

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
I want to say general too since it was something I myself noticed when going through Subspace. Not too sure though, it's actual application in competitive play needs to be taken into account too.
through it in gerneral for now see if people care if you want it appilied kupo did just show us that new edge AT with it

Also you have glide canceling still unmarked you said you would put it as gerneral because the JPN found it (see im learning)

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
I'll get right on it then. Anything else guys? I KNOW YOU'RE OUT THERE!

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
kown seriously, don't spam in here. Let's try to keep it orderly and remove any distractions we can. Alright?

Top Bottom