• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Create your DLC likeliness chart!

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
You still see Ridley as likely DLC?
Yes. This is an opinion thread and I gave my opinion. And I also backed it up. I realize that there are people who don't share my opinion, and that's ok. I know that if I were a business trying to make money, and there was a highly requested character who I knew would sell, I would prioritize that over an unknown. Plus, if he were DLC, anyone who hates the concept of playable Ridley would be able to not download him.

However, Sakurai has always done the opposite of what I would do so probably not. But I still think it's a possibility, and I gave my opinion on the matter.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
That's MISTER Sakurai to you.
That's MISTER "Please don't repeat this joke and nothing else as it's considered spam, you can repeat the joke, but you need to have some actual content as well" to you.

The Fiora fanbase hasn't even gotten any supporters who support for the sake of bandwagoning.

Let's just stop assuming that... period.
Notice, all the older members are saying that it is.

I don't mean to be rude and the bandwagon can develop into something more, but we're calling it that because we've seen this happen for years.

Again, don't take this as an insult, but chances are, you guys are going to forget Fiora once Xenoblade Chronicles X comes out.

Yes, played the same game and I know he's much more prominent because he's "the well developed bestie". You're right about how he isn't popular just because of the quotes, but that doesn't mean that people can abuse them until they lose their novelty like any other meme (This is coming from a guy that hates the whole Darude - Sandstorm thing that went on for a while :urg:). Even with his current techniques and weapon, he wouldn't be that unique of a fighter (Except if they were to know how to utilize the Mad Taunt and other buffs he have).

While Fiora on the other hand
is arguably one of the main reasons why everyone went on the journey to begin with other than the fact that Metal Face and the others had attacked Colony 9. That is why you would eventually see her again halfway through the game and have her join your party after reminding her of the humanity that she used to have.

She has her drone system that allows her to attack with miniature machines, which seems much more interesting compared to anything that Reyn can do. Plus, she'll be a way of representing the Mechon side of Xenoblade, though Mumkhar/Metal Face might be a better option if he doesn't get promoted from his Stage Boss status. Sure there's Meila (who would have a better chance that her), but Sakurai's team might have some complications with her elemental abilities .

I've rest my case, but you can feel free to believe what's right. It would be suicide to viciously attack a mod in which a gentleman like myself wouldn't dare do. Now if I'm excused, I have some holiday preparations to take care of. :love:
I'm more inclined to think the Sheild Blade is unique on its own and you need to remember what Sakurai did.

He made stuff up for Shulk. He can make stuff up for anyone and neither Reyn nor Fiora really need that (then again, neither did Shulk).

Even then, not every fighter needs to be Shulk, Robin or Palutena.

Sometimes we need Wii Fit Trainers, Greninjas and Pac-Mans too. Not flashy or completely unique, but fun.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Notice, all the older members are saying that it is.

I don't mean to be rude and the bandwagon can develop into something more, but we're calling it that because we've seen this happen for years.

Again, don't take this as an insult, but chances are, you guys are going to forget Fiora once Xenoblade Chronicles X comes out.
I understand and I have witnessed those events before, I was part of pre-Smash 4 speculation remember.
If a situation where Fiora or Melia's situation comes bleak, we'll simply just change our expectations. We aren't going to go on the hype train just to be disappointed later.

He made stuff up for Shulk. He can make stuff up for anyone and neither Reyn nor Fiora really need that (then again, neither did Shulk)..
He can depending on the newcomer's situation, but I already been through that discussion several times in the Character Discussion thread.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Anyway, I agree with what @ BluePikmin11 BluePikmin11 said. But let's not let this turn into an Unpopular Opinions thread, shall we?
Why feel shamed? I don't happen to agree with you but you have every right to debate here.

If a situation where Fiora or Melia's situation comes bleak, we'll simply just change our expectations.
That's kind of what we're saying and we're saying that will happen. And that's kind of a nice way of saying bandwagon, personally.

He can depending on the newcomer's situation, but I already been through that discussion several times in the Character Discussion thread.
And what would that situation be?

Shulk didn't need that at all to stand out. So how do you explain it.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Why feel shamed? I don't happen to agree with you but you have every right to debate here.

That's kind of what we're saying and we're saying that will happen. And that's kind of a nice way of saying bandwagon, personally.

And what would that situation be?

Shulk didn't need that at all to stand out. So how do you explain it.
In regards to the first statement; I found N3ON's statements on the issue weren't very nice. I know you were reasonable about it.

3D Dillon

Smash Ace
Aren't you the same guy who had a Banana Iwata avater and spammed "This cannot be!".
Wheelie might be inspired by the Banana Iwata guy.
Wheelie oughta be ashamed of himself, posting comments like those in Smashboards, telling people to call Sakurai by "Mister" Sakurai (they can just say "Sakurai"), posting unnecessary threads, and just not belonging to Smashboards. Block him please.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
In regards to the first statement; I found N3ON's statements on the issue weren't very nice. I know you were reasonable about it.
N3ON wasn't being insulting.

No offense but in this case, you gotta man/woman up and realize she meant no harm.

3D Dillon

Smash Ace
Anyway, moving on, here's my top 5 likeliness:

1. Mewtwo (already confirmed)
2. Dixie Kong
3. Wolf
4. Rayman
5. Choir Kids

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
N3ON wasn't being insulting.

No offense but in this case, you gotta man/woman up and realize she meant no harm.
Right, I understand.

Sorry for any inconvenience I may have caused. I can see what you guys meant now.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Well, this thread is getting derailed pretty quickly.

Anyway, on the subject of Fiora or any additional characters from the first Xenoblade, I simply don't see it happening. Xenoblade was already pretty fortunate to get Shulk in as a character, considering the series only had one game at the time and due to it not being that well known, and I don't think that this port for the 3DS warrants adding an additional character, especially when there are quite a number of potential characters that would likely take priority over an additional Xenoblade one. Considering the existence of those Smash Club Nintendo Forms and simple marketing tactics, it's very likely that any future DLC characters will be selected from some of the most popular candidates. I don't think the concept of a second Xenoblade character is really going to generate big sales.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
When a newcomer has no notable source material from their respective games to make them unique.
:rosalina::4duckhunt: and arguably :4mii:.
So why Shulk then?

But in an effort to bring the conversation back around, why do people think the vets are super unlikely bar Wolf?

I can understand most character but Lucas being so low baffles me.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
But in an effort to bring the conversation back around, why do people think the vets are super unlikely bar Wolf?

I can understand most character but Lucas being so low baffles me.
Perhaps it's because the Mother series is kind of dead at the moment. With no certain future for the Mother series, Lucas may not be a high priority character for DLC.

Wolf has the benefit of being perhaps the most popular of the cut veterans, and the fact that his series is getting a new release in the future. He has plenty of qualities that make him ideal for DLC, so of the cut veterans, he seems to be the most likely by far.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Perhaps it's because the Mother series is kind of dead at the moment. With no certain future for the Mother series, Lucas may not be a high priority character for DLC.

Wolf has the benefit of being perhaps the most popular of the cut veterans, and the fact that his series is getting a new release in the future. He has plenty of qualities that make him ideal for DLC, so of the cut veterans, he seems to be the most likely by far.
Oh no. Didn't argue that point. Wolf has every reason to be high up, I'm just not sure why Lucas is so low.

Mother is finished yeah, but he's still quite popular himself.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Oh no. Didn't argue that point. Wolf has every reason to be high up, I'm just not sure why Lucas is so low.

Well, naturally Lucas has the great benefit of being a Smash veteran, which in itself grants him numerous advantages such as popularity, ease of development, and a general desire to see him return. This definitely gives Lucas an edge over his potential competition. However, there are understandable reasons for why he may not return. I don't think Lucas should be very high up, but I don't think he should be too low, either, because at the end of the day, he's still one of the more likely candidates for DLC.

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
So why Shulk then?
I have a hard time putting in exact words, but I think the Smash and Jump Arts were most likely added for Smash gameplay purposes, to add even more diversity into Shulk's playstyle.

You act as if he was in :roymelee:'s situation, in which he has only popularity to aid his chances.

and I don't think that this port for the 3DS warrants adding an additional character, especially when there are quite a number of potential characters that would likely take priority over an additional Xenoblade one.
Who exactly would take priority over a 2nd Xenoblade character?

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I have a hard time putting in exact words, but I think the Smash and Jump Arts were most likely added for Smash gameplay purposes, to add even more diversity into Shulk's playstyle.
Jump Arts?

The majority of everything including vets, new series and more popular characters from bigger series.

I'm sorry, at least if there was a second one, it'd be from X.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Maybe I'm too optimistic but I don't see anyone taking priority over anyone, cause I have a feeling we may get several DLC characters after Mewtwo; both vets and newcomers. It may not be too many but it'd be enough to satisfy the majority. Like we could get Dixie, a Xenoblade character, Snake and Wolf and maybe a few others in addition. Win-win situation right?

Yeah, I get my hopes up way too high a lot...

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Maybe I'm too optimistic but I don't see anyone taking priority over anyone, cause I have a feeling we may get several DLC characters after Mewtwo; both vets and newcomers. It may not be too many but it'd be enough to satisfy the majority. Like we could get Dixie, a Xenoblade character, Snake and Wolf and maybe a few others in addition. Win-win situation right?

Yeah, I get my hopes up way too high a lot...
I'd cut your expectations down to under ten at the most bro.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
I hope you're not implying that a second Xenoblade character takes top priority.

Off the top of my head, a new Donkey Kong character (Dixie, perhaps) would likely take priority over a second Xenoblade character, considering how huge and successful the franchise is, and how it got a very recent release featuring the return of a couple of classic characters. Seems like a no-brainer. Cut veterans obviously have plenty of merit for being DLC (heck, our first DLC character was a cut veteran). Aside from that, something fresh and new could possibly be added, such as the Inklings; they already have a fair amount of demand for Smash despite their game not being released yet, and they and their game obviously have a lot of potential, so they could be put under serious consideration in the future.

Those are just a few possibilities that I think would take priority over a second Xenoblade character.

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
Jump Arts?
It is one of Smash's main gameplay mechanics is it not?
To help you in recovery.

The majority of everything including vets, new series and more popular characters from bigger series.

I'm sorry, at least if there was a second one, it'd be from X.
Who exactly?
Fiora (or any Xenoblade character in general) would probably be around the area of characters from veteran franchises who have a new game coming to help their chances.

I hope you're not implying that a second Xenoblade character takes top priority.
No I'm not, you're assuming things again.

Off the top of my head, a new Donkey Kong character (Dixie, perhaps) would likely take priority over a second Xenoblade character, considering how huge and successful the franchise is, and how it got a very recent release featuring the return of a couple of classic characters. Seems like a no-brainer. Cut veterans obviously have plenty of merit for being DLC (heck, our first DLC character was a cut veteran). Aside from that, something fresh and new could possibly be added, such as the Inklings; they already have a fair amount of demand for Smash despite their game not being released yet, and they and their game obviously has a lot of potential, so they could be put under serious consideration in the future.
Dixie
Lucas
Wolf
Inkling

Doesn't seem like a lot of competition for Fiora especially when you put relevance and upcoming games as a factor.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
It is one of Smash's main gameplay mechanics is it not?
To help you in recovery.

You mean Up Special moves?

Why on earth did you call them Jump Arts?

Who exactly?
Fiora (or any Xenoblade character in general) would probably be around the area of characters from veteran franchises who have a new game coming to help their chances.
It's not a new game though.

It's a port.

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
Putting my two cents in about the whole Fiora thing, I don't think a new Xenoblade rep is as entirely improbable as it might seem. Sure, Xenoblade's a niche game, but people seem to forget that it was released only 2-4 years ago (depending on where you live), it was actually released in NA unlike some games represented in Smash *cough cough Fire Emblem Mother 3 cough*, there is evidence of a massive fanbase in the form of Project Rainfall, Xenoblade has been hailed as the JRPG of this generation, and that there are 2 games in the franchise being released next year, giving it the same number of games as Kid Icarus and Mother, both of which have had more than one rep.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209

You mean Up Special moves?

Why on earth did you call them Jump Arts?
He means the Monado Arts. Shulk's neutral special, which is based on the various arts the Monado can use in game. One of the ones Shulk uses in Smash is called "Jump," presumably "Monado Jump," which lets him jump higher than usual.

It's also worth noting that this Art in particular was made up for Smash, unlike Speed, Shield, and Buster, which have an original counterpart in Xenoblade.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
He means the Monado Arts. Shulk's neutral special, which is based on the various arts the Monado can use in game. One of the ones Shulk uses in Smash is called "Jump," presumably "Monado Jump," which lets him jump higher than usual.

It's also worth noting that this Art in particular was made up for Smash, unlike Speed, Shield, and Buster, which have an original counterpart in Xenoblade.
The plural through me off.

:p

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
It's not a new game though.

It's a port.
It not much of a difference anyway, it could still influence Sakurai's decisions.

Putting my two cents in about the whole Fiora thing, I don't think a new Xenoblade rep is as entirely improbable as it might seem. Sure, Xenoblade's a niche game, but people seem to forget that it was released only 2-4 years ago (depending on where you live), it was actually released in NA unlike some games represented in Smash *cough cough Fire Emblem Mother 3 cough*, there is evidence of a massive fanbase in the form of Project Rainfall, Xenoblade has been hailed as the JRPG of this generation, and that there are 2 games in the franchise being released next year, giving it the same number of games as Kid Icarus and Mother, both of which have had more than one rep.
Well said.

RobinOnDrugs

Your Friendly Neighborhood Scavenger
It's nice that things in this thread is going better than expected. Looking back at my previous post, I felt like I've haven't ranked some of the characters properly (not just Fiora), so I'm going to post a less biased chart. I'm going to include the S rank this time around.

S Tier:
Wolf
A Tier
Isaac
B Tier
Impa, Bandana Dee, Dixie Kong, Snake, Lucas
C Tier
Rayman, Wonder Red, K.Rool, Chorus Men
D Tier
Fiora, Roy, Square Enix Rep., Kid Icarus Rep.
E Tier
Ridley, Pichu, 4th Mii Fighter, Geno

Honestly, I don't mind if we don't get much DLC beyond Mewtwo since I think the Sm4sh roster is already pretty good not to mention enormous. If we get at least 2 more characters (especially if one of them is Wolf), it would be satisfactory to me.

Last edited:

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
It's nice that things in this thread is going better than expected. Looking back at my previous post, I feel like I've haven't ranked some of the characters properly (not just Fiora), so I'm going to post a less biased chart. I'm going to include the S rank this time around.

S Tier:
Wolf
A Tier
Isaac
B Tier
Impa, Bandana Dee, Dixie Kong, Snake, Lucas
C Tier
Rayman, Wonder Red, K.Rool, Chorus Men
D Tier
Fiora, Roy, Square Enix Rep., Kid Icarus Rep.
E Tier
Ridley, Pichu, 4th Mii Fighter, Geno

Honestly, I don't mind if we don't get much DLC beyond Mewtwo since I think the Sm4sh roster is already pretty good not to mention enormous. If we get at least 2 more characters (especially if one of them is Wolf), it would be satisfactory to me.
All I need is Wolf and I'm good. If Wolf and Mewtwo are the only DLC characters, I'll be perfectly OK.

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
After one night in Europe I hoped to see more chart suggestions but instead I saw one entire page of flame war about Fiora :glare: please I don't want to see this thread derivating into a general character discussion and be locked. I'll wait before updating the general chart, because last time I did my calculations the only change was Young Link's return in E tier. Otherwise thanks to all the voters!

Jave

Smash Ace
NNID
Javeman
After one night in Europe I hoped to see more chart suggestions but instead I saw one entire page of flame war about Fiora :glare: please I don't want to see this thread derivating into a general character discussion and be locked. I'll wait before updating the general chart, because last time I did my calculations the only change was Young Link's return in E tier. Otherwise thanks to all the voters!
Re-check my entry on Post #16. No biggie, but I added two characters I forgot about in A and E Tier (Captain Toad and Calista, respectively)

Last edited:

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
This assumes that he was never planned to be in the first place, which I find to be unlikely based off Sakurai's interviews about not cutting characters out of the way and trying to include as many characters as possible, only cutting them when necessary.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
All I'll say is that the Inkling should be the #1 priority when it comes to repping a new IP never before seen in Smash. He/she could come in a wide variety of alts (Males and females of various colors) and have an interesting paint gimmick with the help of her weapons. It will definitely make up for the fact that Junior barely had the Magic Paintbrush in his moveset (Which people had suggested before we saw the Junior Clown Car in action). Overall, Inkling is one of the few "paint users" that has a great chance to be included (Adeliene is sadly irrelevant to the entire Kirby franchise and Vince needs a new game that isn't Pokemon centric).

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
I don't understand what all the fuss is about with Xenoblade getting a second character. I mean first of all, the chances of that even happening are so very low. Secondly the character would probably be from X anyways, to mostly advertise the game. Though, if any character were to make an appearance in Smash so close to their game debut, I think it'd have to be the Inkling. I mean Splatoon already seems to have such a large fan following just after the E3 announcement, so they know an audience is there for the character.
But even that is a long shot if you ask me.

Jave

Smash Ace
NNID
Javeman
I consider everyone outside of Wolf and Lucas a longshot, really.

And even then, I wouldn't place a bet on those two.

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
I don't understand what all the fuss is about with Xenoblade getting a second character. I mean first of all, the chances of that even happening are so very low. Secondly the character would probably be from X anyways, to mostly advertise the game. Though, if any character were to make an appearance in Smash so close to their game debut, I think it'd have to be the Inkling. I mean Splatoon already seems to have such a large fan following just after the E3 announcement, so they know an audience is there for the character.
But even that is a long shot if you ask me.
The chances are so low because?

Top Bottom