• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Crazy walking with falco

Hagar

Smash Cadet
If anyone doesn't know what ...crazy walking is, it's basically tilting side to side on the control stick with more emphasis on the side you want to move in. Everyone can do it, but falco has one of the best CW's. I've seen Ken use it in those vids where he plays with items, and It allows for some really slick movement and I've put some of it on camera(vs. lv.9 CPU)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RoyrrB4lP34&feature=channel((0:49-0:52))watch in high quality if you can

and

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9OnYrvCZZs&feature=channel

Hagar

Smash Cadet
idk, that may be the name. The only thread I can find that you have is a snake boost grab thread, which didn't seem to similar.

SuSa

Banned via Administration
here's a video I made showcasing it-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1dAJY2XSdks&feature=related

Also, if you can only find 1 thread of mine, you didn't search hard enough, and if you searched the Falco Boards, you'd find one of the threads (don't remember if I made it for the falco boards, i don't think I did) where we were talking about this for about a week.

I can find at least 5 on the first page of the Snake boards, and probably at least 50+ good threads total by searching my name and using the search filters.

I seem to be the only one that still routinely Pivot Walks with certain characters, and very rarely does anyone pivot boost (single pivot walk is how I think of this) because they don't think about it, or deem it useless. (I'd like someone to tell that to the Link boards.)

Denzi

Smash Master
You do mean pivot boosting, doop walking, or Pivot Walking (more agreed upon name) don't you?

If so I had a big thread on it, you might want to search for it.
Yeah, and we determined that (for Falco anyways) it had no use other than MINDGAMEZ! and a possible response to planking. Example

SuSa

Banned via Administration
@denzi

That vid was to good. I also like seeing people fail at the fact that 'Pivot Walking' as it's been known as for now, was discovered ages ago, under Pivot Boosting, and had a different, and for many, difficult input commands to perform.

Pivot Walking was just a new, easier way to Pivot Boost, and the name was changed because its a walk more then a boost. (most people who could pivot boost couldn't 'walk' like that I've noticed)

just some information.

Also, it's decently useful for Falco, he should have a + not a ++ in my video description.

Hyo

Smash Journeyman
Yeah I remember back when it was first introduced, and the general consensus for Falco was that it was worthless. Now I think more and more people are finding it's worth, as it really throws someone off.

Finally, legit mindgames. XD

Top Bottom