• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Crazy Idea for Diddy: Top Tier?

Mr. Ocax

Smash Journeyman
I really hope not. Then you will have all the pros using Diddy because he is good and not because they like him. I hope everyone uses like Sonic and Meta Knight and such.

PolarisJunkie

Smash Apprentice
NNID
PolarisJunkie
3DS FC
0361-7305-7321
I played as Diddy at E for All Today. I LOVED playing as him. IMO, hes a great character to test out right when you start playing the game. Hes a quicker, weaker Mario. Diddy for God Tier.

Meta_Knight_14

Smash Cadet
I like Diddy and all, but of the 2 Kongs i think I'll stick with Donkey. I always was more fond of him.

But yeah I'm actually kinda surprised how well Diddy's looked so far from all the videos I've seen.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I don't exactly want Diddy to be Top Tier, cause of the reasons Mr. Ocax said before. My preference is that he'll become the next Jigglypuff, High Tier but not everyone uses him. So Diddy'd still be better than most characters, but still not quite good enough to compete with the Top Tiers which would motivate me more to try new things with him.

Anyhow, Diddy's deffinatly becomming my main, no doubts. =)

PDOT

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4871-5506-0357
I wanna main a character that not EVERYONE uses not a Melee Fox/Shiek.

I hope Diddy isn't used by everyone

SenorPresidente

Smash Ace
I really hope not. Then you will have all the pros using Diddy because he is good and not because they like him. I hope everyone uses like Sonic and Meta Knight and such.
Why do you care why others use diddy. So even if he were to be come the best character in the game so what if pros use him? I don't understand why would that bother you or affect you.

Rose Monkey

Smash Apprentice
I wanna main a character that not EVERYONE uses not a Melee Fox/Shiek.

I hope Diddy isn't used by everyone
From the looks of it, he isn't going to be.

Majority are going for Link/Bowser/POKEMON TRAINER/Metaknight/Sonikku/Peach/Snake.

Why do you care why others use diddy. So even if he were to be come the best character in the game so what if pros use him? I don't understand why would that bother you or affect you.

I think he doesn't want it to turn into

NO ITEMS
NO FINAL SMASHES
DIDDY KONG ONLY
ARENA

Rose Monkey

Smash Apprentice
well first of all if you don't play competitively then it shouldn't bother you as it won't affect you . also are you from /v/
Well, since I was sort of hoping to play competitively it might kind of bother me, not really though. Was just trying to clarify what he probably meant.

Also, yes I am from /v/.

However, don't be scared, we're not as bad as smashboards makes us out to be.

Me, anyway.

SenorPresidente

Smash Ace
Well, since I was sort of hoping to play competitively it might kind of bother me, not really though. Was just trying to clarify what he probably meant.

Also, yes I am from /v/.

However, don't be scared, we're not as bad as smashboards makes us out to be.

Me, anyway.
lol no i too am from /v/ the site has been down all day so i noticed the torlls here were getting more frequent. not that i am calling you a troll or anything.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
I would actually like that then people would start to play the DK games more and maybe it could make a great rebound from the obscurity it's fallen into.

Rose Monkey

Smash Apprentice
lol no i too am from /v/ the site has been down all day so i noticed the torlls here were getting more frequent. not that i am calling you a troll or anything.
oh lol. yeah. tone of your post made it seem "oh he must be one of those ***** from 4chan".

@xianfang

Indeed. D:

We need a good DK game that doesn't try to be INNOVATIVE, and just reaches back into its roots of Country and 64.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
None of the new games of his are going to beat DKC 2...

nitro-blazer

Smash Lord
Exactly, I'd rather have a top tier Diddy that others use and I can win matches with.

Anyway, I heard he has great aerials. So I suppose down B could work if you're facing an opponent who has a ground based approach. Set up a peel and spam peanuts from behind it, and when they jump over it to approach you make your move, but yeah, everything is still up in the air at this point.

I myself would love a top tier Diddy.

Rose Monkey

Smash Apprentice
Exactly, I'd rather have a top tier Diddy that others use and I can win matches with.

Anyway, I heard he has great aerials. So I suppose down B could work if you're facing an opponent who has a ground based approach. Set up a peel and spam peanuts from behind it, and when they jump over it to approach you make your move, but yeah, everything is still up in the air at this point.

I myself would love a top tier Diddy.
Yeah, I was thinking about that nice little defensive strat too. :3 Sounds really awesome.

By the way, I love your signature picture.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
Of course no new game can top DKC2, that game was perfect.
Also nitro-blazer you have a really ugly model of DK in your avatar and a really ugly model of Diddy in your sig.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Why not? Pit will probably or already IS the reason why people start downloading Kid Icarus for the Virtual Console now, I don't think it would it be that farfetched if the same applied to Diddy and DKC2, atleast if Diddy's thropy mentoins DKC2...

I always used the more lower tier characters in Melee. My main in Melee is still DK, and I love him to death even though he isn't that good. But a shame is that DK is a rather good (of not the best) Low Tier character in Melee and thus has the upperhand in Low Tier tournaments. If Diddy's becomming either the Tier like DK's in or the Tier Falco's in, he'll become used by almost anyone pretty soon even if it's just their secundary character.

If Diddy's becomming let's say... The Tier where Mario's in, you won't see him used too often cause in High Tier tournaments Top Tiers are the ones with the highest changes of winning thus people use High Tiers and Middle Tiers not too very often unless it's a counter pick.

I'd like Diddy to become a character that's very balanced. My ideal scenario would be that Diddy's too good to be placed in Low Tier so he had to be moved up to Middle Tier where he'd one of the weaker characters so that not everyone picks him.

Anyways, I don't care what Tier Diddy's gonna be I'll still use him to death. :p

xianfeng

Smash Hero
Adorably drawn? It has that horrendous smile that Nintendo seems to think is good for the kongs (which is isn't) and that DK looks like a duck.

Rose Monkey

Smash Apprentice
DK looks like a duck.
QUACK.

Why not? Pit will probably or already IS the reason why people start downloading Kid Icarus for the Virtual Console now, I don't think it would it be that farfetched if the same applied to Diddy and DKC2, atleast if Diddy's thropy mentoins DKC2...

I always used the more lower tier characters in Melee. My main in Melee is still DK, and I love him to death even though he isn't that good. But a shame is that DK is a rather good (of not the best) Low Tier character in Melee and thus has the upperhand in Low Tier tournaments. If Diddy's becomming either the Tier like DK's in or the Tier Falco's in, he'll become used by almost anyone pretty soon even if it's just their secundary character.

If Diddy's becomming let's say... The Tier where Mario's in, you won't see him used too often cause in High Tier tournaments Top Tiers are the ones with the highest changes of winning thus people use High Tiers and Middle Tiers not too very often unless it's a counter pick.

I'd like Diddy to become a character that's very balanced. My ideal scenario would be that Diddy's too good to be placed in Low Tier so he had to be moved up to Middle Tier where he'd one of the weaker characters so that not everyone picks him.

Anyways, I don't care what Tier Diddy's gonna be I'll still use him to death. :p
MANLY TEARS.

/seconded

Rose Monkey

Smash Apprentice
Ohk, well I just know that it was **** and they sung a lot. Also Candy looked like a lesbian.
Lol. Yeah, the show was pretty... incredibly horrible. Voice acting didn't help much either.

ANYWAY, from the way things are looking now, Diddy just looks to be a great character. Not much about it can be said at this point I think.

Darn you demo.

nitro-blazer

Smash Lord
Of course no new game can top DKC2, that game was perfect.
Also nitro-blazer you have a really ugly model of DK in your avatar and a really ugly model of Diddy in your sig.
You just don't appreaciate the greatness that is the DKC TV show. Was easily my favourite show when I was a kid. xd

http://youtube.com/watch?v=T_Khb5Vecog

Plus, Diddy's badass in all his forms.

Anyway, I don't see the point in complaining that your character hopeful is good. Now, you can make people eat your nuts in style.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
That Dixie looked more like Tiny than anything and man I still can't get over how obviously lesbian Candy was, she looked more lesbo than Rosie O'Donnel.

nitro-blazer

Smash Lord
Candy's always been a lesbian. The makers of the show were just smart enough to pick up on it.

Anyway, I'm pretty sure this thread is for discussing (Complaining about?) Diddy's tier placing.

DarkGea said:
Diddy's dash attack is his cartwheel. and to be really honest I wasn't even using his B moves. We were actually playing matches and I was using his aerial moves which are pretty **** good. His fair is like Mario's in SSB and his dtilt is a MUCH quicker version of DK's. His downsmash is pretty **** powerful as well. He had the best horizontal movement in the air it felt to me, but I may be wrong.

No idea on the peanuts, you gotta realize all of the matches were way hectic because of how they were played.

Diddy's moves are kind of strange.

You have a fox esque uair in the trajectory and hitstun, but it doesn't send them as far. His fair (or was it his bair?) is like Mario's fair from SSB 64 and has nice range, speed, and proirity. His dair is a quicker form of DK's and actually is decently strong for a meteor in this game. *thinks hard* I don't remember the rest.

Basically I was wall of paining with the fair (or was it bair? my brain is fried from SO much info at once) and it was very effective and strong. His downsmash was decently strong and I felt safe jumping out to ledgeguard people.
This and the apparent fact taht his FSA is hella hard to control is all I got on him so far, however hopefully he's as good as they say. F-air and B-airs like Mario in 64 are great, and an apparent kill move in Down smash. Down air is a meteor apparently as well.

IN MY OPINION his specials don't look that good. And we still don't know what causes peanuts to break open. if the opponent can just jab them then yeah, peanuts won't be a good projecitle, but if You're immune to your own banana peels those will be decent in forcing opponents off the ground. Side B is a grab move, so it's probably pretty good. From what I've seen he has decent recovery as his Side B can help make it back to the stage as well.

He seems like an interesting character, and the majority of his movements remind me of DKC, which is great because those games owned.

Rose Monkey

Smash Apprentice
What I like about his up-b is that it slows him down while he starts charging it if he's in the air. :3

Side grab thing is pretty awesome from what I've heard, hard to tell it in the videos.

MONKEY LOEV BANANA. But it seems to be thrown just to any old place. ):

And Peanut gun for lulz, going to blow myself up a lot for funees.

Top Bottom