• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Crazy Idea for Diddy: Top Tier?

Machspeed

Smash Lord
Diddy's side special is the Chimpy charge, he kind of does a flip in a direction and can grab you.

Diddy's down special is throwing a banana peel behind him, which others can slip on.

Machspeed

Smash Lord
Well, we don't know that yet. May be a nice setup for some aerial combos, or a decent edgeguard.

Yeah, it's most likely ****.

Flaminglink

Smash Journeyman
Diddy is light so i dont think he will be top tier, hope most characters are evened off though XD

Link rules XD.

Dynamism

Smash Lord
His down special sounds like ****.
I don't know why you would say that...:confused:

Well, we don't know that yet. May be a nice setup for some aerial combos, or a decent edgeguard.

Yeah, it's most likely ****.
It stuns in the air like Mewtwos DownB would in melee. So it is a good edgeguard. Also, planty bananas in good places would really limit the opponents approach.

it's most likely broken too
;)

Diddy is light so i dont think he will be top tier, hope most characters are evened off though XD

Link rules XD.
Fox, Falco, Sheik, Marth...they are all fairly light. This is a new game but I don't think any character can be crossed off of the possible godly list yet. Balance is a must and I think they know that...aka, did everything to make sure of it :p

Can you put down unlimited amounts of banana peels? do they ever disappear?
2 is the max at one time, I'm not sure how they disappear either.

i hope diddy's isnt top tier. so then he wont be so common. but i wouldnt really mind. diddy is my main!
There will be so many Brawlers that it will be impossible to find an "unused" character. Unlike characters that were meant to go unused...like Pichu...I do love deffying logic though haha

That isn't chimpy charge.

Chimpy charge he runs in one spot with his head down then he shoots off forward.
Yeah it's odd but supposedly it's called that. Oh well, molesting is good too :p

The Noob Legend

Smash Ace
Haha, yes.
"TIRES DON EXITS!"

Diddy is an anti-edgeguard character..
Know why?

Side + B coming back to the stage.
It practically molests opponents to the fact they become vulnerable to be edgeguarded.
So I guess the tables turn quick.
(Don't flame me if I'm wrong, I am not entirely sure, but that's how Gimpy described it I think)

Nicktendo

Smash Ace
tiers do exist :lick:.. since its not a best to worst character list.. is just the tourmanet results (say fox players get 1st place in 3 tournaments compared to sheik in 1 for instance, fox would be higher tier)

its only tourney results people

so lets say us diddy players go wild and win alot of brawl tournaments. diddy will be high tier!

The Noob Legend

Smash Ace
tiers do exist :lick:.. since its not a best to worst character list.. is just the tourmanet results (say fox players get 1st place in 3 tournaments compared to sheik in 1 for instance, fox would be higher tier)

its only tourney results people

so lets say us diddy players go wild and win alot of brawl tournaments. diddy will be high tier!
Do online tournys count?

I wonder...
Because I plan on having one big wifi smash community as well.

Jackal478

Smash Ace
I'm all for Diddy as a mid tier, I love diversity...

At first I mained luigi and switched to Marth due to the major pwnage that was getting dished out by my friend, a falco main.

Had to even it out. :p

RegalBuster

Smash Lord
Diddy has the same likeliness of getting top tier as Wario...they'll both get upper middle tier most likely.

Jumble

Smash Apprentice
HOPEFULLY
that the game will be so balanced
every character will be top tier
or no characters will be
Then it will actually be pure skill to win battles
and not just who you choose etc.

but if its not perfectly balanced.. DIDDY TOP TIER!
DIDDY FTW

SlayerOfEvil

Smash Apprentice
From all the videos out there, and from the moveset we can see, it can be possible Diddy makes it to top, if not, god tier. Plus he can do a great wall of pain >_>

SlayerOfEvil

Smash Apprentice
Really it's all about skill not the person you play with.
To an extent. "Tires Don Exits" anyone? heh
Both players can have equal skill, equal experience. But set them up with different characters. One being garbage tier (Pichu for example) and one being Top tier (Fox for example). Higher stats win every time then. Rule of teh jungle.

Machspeed

Smash Lord
It's a very popular saying around here, has to do with a debate gone wrong.
I dunno.

Check out the shop.
I know, I'm saying tiers don't exist.

It depends on your style of playing, it doesn't really matter which character you use. From a logical standpoint, you will NEVER have an equal amount of skill as someone else; either better or worse.

Dynamism

Smash Lord
Really it's all about skill not the person you play with.
True, and the characters you play eachother as can make all the difference.

Yes.

But it's also the character that helps earn our skills.
Whether it be easy or not.
The character doesn't help you earn your skills, training does :laugh:
The character just decides what skills those will be... (edguarding techniques or whatever)

From all the videos out there, and from the moveset we can see, it can be possible Diddy makes it to top, if not, god tier. Plus he can do a great wall of pain >_>
You can say that about evey character though...

To an extent. "Tires Don Exits" anyone? heh
Both players can have equal skill, equal experience. But set them up with different characters. One being garbage tier (Pichu for example) and one being Top tier (Fox for example). Higher stats win every time then. Rule of teh jungle.
haha, that was a bad example but we get the point. Pichu is basically on an even level with Fox when they go head to head...but Pichu and Marth? That's already decided.

I know, I'm saying tiers don't exist.

It depends on your style of playing, it doesn't really matter which character you use. From a logical standpoint, you will NEVER have an equal amount of skill as someone else; either better or worse.
That's not "totally" true because if one person passes someone else in skill, technically at a moment, they were equal ;)
I'm just picking everything apart haha nvm
And styles of play are the biggest factor for sure. You're 100% correct there.

It was just an example, sorry for not clearing that up >_>
YOU BETTER BE :mad:

jk

and why do people keep saying his DownB is ****?!?! Like wtf!?!? It's probably broken if anything :laugh:

smashbot226

Smash Master
Top Tier means one of the best characters in the game.

Example: Fox, Shiek, and Marth

Then there's

Bottom Tier: Easily the worst characters in the game.

Examples: Pichu, Mewtwo, and Mic_128.

Of course, tiers are also based of off the characters most used by Smash champs.

The Noob Legend

Smash Ace

Then there's

Of course, tiers are also based of off the characters most used by Smash champs.
:laugh:

Yeah, I lol'd.

He'll be a great character, I'll master him right away!
IN ONE SITTING..
Well maybe not that, but you know!

Nicktendo

Smash Ace

Then there's

Everybody says its just tourney results and not a best to worst character list.

Example Ice Climbers.. they have great matchups. Chu dat can work anyone with those grabs. But are they high tier? No, cause not enough people use them at that level and win a bunch of tournaments with them. If it was a best to worst character list they should be higher.

The Noob Legend

Smash Ace

Example Ice Climbers.. they have great matchups. Chu dat can work anyone with those grabs. But are they high tier? No, cause not enough people use them at that level and win a bunch of tournaments with them. If it was a best to worst character list they should be higher.
Really though, a best to worst character list is hard to acquire, because of the variety of preference characters out there!

Dynamism

Smash Lord
Really though, a best to worst character list is hard to acquire, because of the variety of preference characters out there!
Preference? Or Perseverance? A true top to bottom is almost impossible to figure out. There are so many plays styles and it is impossible to find a way to play "perfectly" (for lack of a better word) with one character. And every character is better or worse when it comes to certain match-ups. So you wouldn't say Fox is top tier because he can get owned by many counter picks. (Ness, Pichu, ICs, Mewtwo) but Marth doesn't really have an actual counter pick, so is Marth the top tier?
It just wouldn't work BUT!!!! in general, a Falco "will" be better off when going into a battle than a Roy (even though Roy could actually pwn Falco just as much). So that's pretty much the better choice in who's higher tier. And it makes the most sense to do it that way than be all picky like how you can actually Kirby camp half the roster to death ;)

Yeah, at the highest level the ICs could very well be the best character in the game in 1 v 1s. But if you mess up one movement then they are in an up hill battle. And they are extreemly tricky to use. Even Chu and anyone including myself, who have actually tried to master the perfect ICs...we all know we can do better because we all make at LEAST one miss-timed attack or shift. They get punished easily when desynching goes wrong, (and that's why they would be the best) and that's the only reason they will never really...be "top tier"

Then there's

haha, I was just readin along...then stopped...and looked back...and loled!!!

Back to Diddy!!!!
With the new game mechanics, he has what it takes to be a good character.

BUT!!!!!!!!!

I feel he will be one of those easily countered ones because of his priority and range of close-in attacks. Just saying that Yoshi and Link probably have his number...

Just saying :ohwell:

Top Bottom