• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Crazy Hand v1.31 - Character editing program

ohuro

Smash Rookie
Slippi.gg
LGA#785
i changed some values of bowser, dk's throw in Crazy Hand 1.31 and saved,then their throw became electric attribute accidentally.
does anyone know about this?
used revert subaction but remains electric attribute.
on purpose i made their throw electric attribute, their throw became normal attribute.

SuperSqank

Smash Rookie
i changed some values of bowser, dk's throw in Crazy Hand 1.31 and saved,then their throw became electric attribute accidentally.
on purpose i made their throw electric attribute, their throw became normal attribute.
I've noticed this too. Not sure why it happens or how to fix it.

Nishi

Smash Rookie
Not sure where to share this, but the "??" attribute between "Traction" and "X Offset" in Samus' character-specific attributes seems to control momentum while using aerial missile, with positive values reducing momentum and negative values increasing momentum, with exponential acceleration during the animation.

Pigs!

Smash Rookie
How do you change air dodges in Crazy Hand? I want to make them cancelable.

thegreyone

Smash Rookie
Ok so I got crazy hand running but everytime I go to click my melee iso it closes and nothing happens....

SuperSqank

Smash Rookie
I'm new to modding and all this, so I wanna know what does "Bone" and "WDSK" mean in the hitbox tab. ( Thanks in advance. )
Bones are essentially parts of a character model. Bones make up all of the body parts and limbs of a 3D character model. So things like arms, legs, hands or a sword are bones.

WDSK means "Weight dependent Set Knockback". It basically means fixed knockback so moves with fixed knockback have the same knockback at all percents (like Fox's shine).

Aaryan Kumar

Smash Cadet
Slippi.gg
AARY#338
Bones are essentially parts of a character model. Bones make up all of the body parts and limbs of a 3D character model. So things like arms, legs, hands or a sword are bones.

WDSK means "Weight dependent Set Knockback". It basically means fixed knockback so moves with fixed knockback have the same knockback at all percents (like Fox's shine).
Thanks so much. You really helped me get a bit more knowledge about this stuff.

How do you change air dodges in Crazy Hand? I want to make them cancelable.
I'm pretty sure you can do that by going to subaction EscapeAir. Though I haven't tested that yet.

yungeode333

Smash Rookie
Does anyone know how to modify the length of Falco's side B?
I tried changing the lengths of some of timers under the side b subactions but nothing changed.

Cobalt_000

Smash Rookie
How do I change Jigglypuff's double jump velocity? Kirby and Jigglypuff's 'Air Jump Multiplier' is set to 0, and changing it doesn't have the same effect as for other characters.

SuperSqank

Smash Rookie
How do I change Jigglypuff's double jump velocity? Kirby and Jigglypuff's 'Air Jump Multiplier' is set to 0, and changing it doesn't have the same effect as for other characters.
Both Kirby and Jigglypuff have jump heights for every multi jump within their "character specific attributes". Kirby's can be found under "character specific attributes" although Jigglypuff's do not show up on Crazy Hand. To edit Jigglypuff's multi jump heights, you either need Melee DAT Editor or you need to use a hex editor.

Last edited:

Cobalt_000

Smash Rookie
Both Kirby and Jigglypuff have jump heights for every multi jump within their "character specific attributes". Kirby's can be found under "character specific attributes" although Jigglypuff's do not show up on Crazy Hand. To edit Jigglypuff's multi jump heights, you either need Melee DAT Editor or you need to use a hex editor.
I'm new at this. That's cool to know. Now I have DAT Editor and want to find what values to look at in Puff's unique attributes for her jumps. I'm staring down 64 unnamed values. Any recommendation on where to look for answers?

EDIT: I've been looking at Kirby's unique attributes and am seeing a wonderfully labelled float value for the momentum of each midair jump. This is what I wanted to find for Puff.

EDIT: There is an analogue of this for Jigglypuff, and you can tell by finding these 5 values that decrease from 1.65 to 1.25. These are the vertical momemntum values for the jumps! So, problem solved.

Last edited:

Awesomeperson159

Smash Apprentice
Since there weren't any in Crazy Hand, I found some character-specific attributes for Jigglypuff
Character-specific attributes start at 0x3a40.

Values affecting double-jump:
0x3a40: Integer representing the # of frames it takes for midair jump to turn around. Default: 12.
0x3a44: Float representing midair jump horizontal momentum while moving backwards. Default: 0.3.
0x3a48: Float representing midair jump horizontal momentum while moving forwards. Default: 0.5.
0x3a4c+0x3a50: 2 floats with a value of 0.8, presumably with the same meaning as the similar values in PlKb.dat. Likely to do with double jumps.
0x3a54-3a64: 5 floats representing the jump velocity of each of Puff’s 5 midair jumps (first is the first jump, last is the 5th jump). Default values: 1.65, 1.59, 1.47, 1.36, and 1.25, respectively.
0x3a68: An integer representing the number of midair jumps. A value of 0 will give 1 midair jump, a value of 1 will give 2, etc. Default value is 5, but Puff can’t have more than 5 midair jumps.
0x3a6c: An integer with a value of 341. No idea, but Kirby has the same value.

Values affecting Rollout (neutral-b):
0x3a74: Integer representing duration of rollout (in frames) (default 90)
0x3a78: Integer with value of 20. No clue.
0x3a7c: Float representing Rollout gravity. Default: 0.07.
0x3a80: Float representing max fall speed during Rollout. Default: 1.3.
0x3a84: Float with a value of 0.1. No idea.
0x3a88: Float with a value of 0.05. No idea.

Might test more soon.

Last edited:

SuperSqank

Smash Rookie
Since there weren't any in Crazy Hand, I found some character-specific attributes for Jigglypuff
Character-specific attributes start at 0x3a40.

Values affecting double-jump:
0x3a40: Integer representing the # of frames it takes for midair jump to turn around. Default: 12.
0x3a44: Float representing midair jump horizontal momentum while moving backwards. Default: 0.3.
0x3a48: Float representing midair jump horizontal momentum while moving forwards. Default: 0.5.
0x3a4c+0x3a50: 2 floats with a value of 0.8, presumably with the same meaning as the similar values in PlKb.dat. Likely to do with double jumps.
0x3a54-3a64: 5 floats representing the jump velocity of each of Puff’s 5 midair jumps (first is the first jump, last is the 5th jump). Default values: 1.65, 1.59, 1.47, 1.36, and 1.25, respectively.
0x3a68: An integer representing the number of midair jumps. A value of 0 will give 1 midair jump, a value of 1 will give 2, etc. Default value is 5, but Puff can’t have more than 5 midair jumps.
0x3a6c: An integer with a value of 341. No idea, but Kirby has the same value.

Values affecting Rollout (neutral-b):
0x3a74: Integer representing duration of rollout (in frames) (default 90)
0x3a78: Integer with value of 20. No clue.
0x3a7c: Float representing Rollout gravity. Default: 0.07.
0x3a80: Float representing max fall speed during Rollout. Default: 1.3.
0x3a84: Float with a value of 0.1. No idea.
0x3a88: Float with a value of 0.05. No idea.

Might test more soon.
I don't know what the 20 value is supposed to be. I've also seen it in the Brawl version of the move but with no documentation on what it does.
The 0.1 value could either be the friction or aerial control.
The 0.05 value seems to be for acceleration.

Aaryan Kumar

Smash Cadet
Slippi.gg
AARY#338
The same thing happened to me with Roy. Why?

Awesomeperson159

Smash Apprentice
Crazy Hand has a bug where editing a throw causes the normal effect to change to electric and all other effects to change to normal for some reason. No idea why.

ohuro

Smash Rookie
Slippi.gg
LGA#785
I summarized about electric-throw issue.

If you want to undo, press File - revert subaction and don't press save. Revert function have specific save.
wanna modify and make throw electric attribute, just stay attribute "normal", and save.

wanna modify and stay attribute original, go to Other in right menu,check "Use raw data for subactions".
back to subactions, drag and copy(Ctrl+C) values to other text file.

For example, Bowser's Fthrow

88 00 00 0A 16 8C 80 00 1E [[[02]]] 20 00

Attribute-value is 02. It's always on this position.

return to Other in right menu,uncheck Use raw data for subactions and back to subactions.

Secondly, modify Angle, Base Knockback, etc. and save.
return to Other in right menu,check Use raw data for subactions.

back to subactions, change value manually.

88 00 00 XX XX XX XX XX XX [[[12]]] 20 00
Maybe attribute-value changes to 12. make it 02, and save.

Please run iso and test throw.

-----

Maybe attribute-value depends a combination of throw-direction and attributes.

0A
Ness down

Zelda d(throw-release is 10 too)

Pichu up
Pikachu u
CrazyHand 1.31 call their throw normal. but their Uthrow is electric.

Pichu for
Pikachu f
CrazyHand 1.31 call their throw normal. but their Fthrow is electric.

Bowser Side-B End Forward
Doc f, back, u
DK cargo-release(Forward Throw), cargo-f{ThrowFF in Subactions(All)}, cargo-b{ThrowFB in Subactions(All)}, cargo-u{ThrowFHi in Subactions(All)}
Kirby swallow{SpecialNDrink in Subactions(All)}, spit{SpecialNSpit in Subactions(All)},
Luigi f, b, u
Mario f, b, u
Mewtwo u, side-B
Ness f
Yoshi Neutral-B(3)
Zelda u

Bowser f, b, u, d, Side-B End Backward
C.Falcon b, u
DK b, u, d
Fox b, d
Falco b, d
G&W f, b, u, d
Ganondorf b, u
Ice climbers f, b, u, d
Puff f, b, u, d
Kirby f, b, u, d
Link b, u, d
Marth f, b, u
Mewtwo f, b
Peach f, b, u, d
Roy f, b, u
Samus f, b, u, d
Shiek f, b, u, d
Yoshi f, b, d
Young Link b, u, d
Zelda f, b

Doc d
DK cargo-d{ThrowFLw in Subactions(All)}
Luigi d
Mario d
Mewtwo d

C.Falcon f,d
Fox f, u
Falco f, u
Ganondorf f, d
Link f
Marth d
Roy d
Yoshi u
Young Link f

If you want to make throw fire, change attribute value to 0A manually.
I don't know ice, darkness, etc.

Last edited:

thegreyone

Smash Rookie
seriously can someone help me with crazy hand???

I want to know what I'm doing wrong.. I have the ability to get into the program but everything just closes when i click on the ISO

Awesomeperson159

Smash Apprentice

I want to know what I'm doing wrong.. I have the ability to get into the program but everything just closes when i click on the ISO
Are you sure it's the correct version of the ISO? It's designed to work on NTSC ver. 1.02. The file should be about 1.3 GB.

Awesomeperson159

Smash Apprentice
the file name is
Super Smash Bros. Melee (USA) (En,Ja) (v1.02).iso
I'm pretty sure thats ntsc correct?
Check the properties in Dolphin. It should be Revision 2 and Country USA. If both of those are correct, make sure it's not corrupted in any way. Make sure it runs correctly in Dolphin.

Awesomeperson159

Smash Apprentice
ok yup. properties check out. its revision 2. country USA
If you have the correct version of Java and a legitimate ISO, it should be working fine. No idea what it could be then, sorry.

This just happened to me and I fixed it by closing dolphin. Crazy Hand doesn't like to open an ISO which is already open in another program.

narjunajnimre

Smash Rookie
I used frame speed modifier to speed up smash attacks but you can't charge them now. Even after getting rid of the modifiers, it does not work properly. Any help?

GuardHax192

Smash Cadet
Does anyone know how to edit Character's running speed WITHOUT there being technical problems? EX: increased yoshis speed, but then on turning from dash or dash dancing theres a lot of lag/stutter. How can I fix this?

Bane712

Smash Rookie
Does anyone know how to edit the amount of knockback a certain move has?
I tried to edit the down smash of Samus but i can't seem to find that move anywhere, i only see options for jabs and dash attacks.
Edit: Nevermind, i just had to maximize the window in order to see all options, how dumb i am

Last edited:

PKFreeZZy

Smash Cadet
Slippi.gg
VETR#758
Hey, everyone!

I'm seeking help regarding a specific subaction here. I am trying to make Ness' aerial Up B animation while he's controlling PK Thunder ledge-snap like Fox or Falco's Up B. I've tried copying every possible attribute from the spacies, but there was either no effect or the game crashed.

If anyone can help me find the attribute that's needed to make an Up B ledge-snap, I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks!

narjunajnimre

Smash Rookie
Walljump enable flags for each character are hardcoded in ASM. Use the following code to allow custom flags within the Pl__.dat files to enable (or disable!) walljumping for a character.

The flag is @ character attribute offset 0x148.

The default value of this attribute is 0.5 (a 32-bit floating point number) for all playable characters. Its definition can be stated as "the TopN difference between the previous two frames, needed to initialize the wallride byte counter (a necessity for walljumping)".

View attachment 115190

Default value:
0x3F000000 = 0.5

New values:
0x3F000001 = 0.5 and the character can walljump
0x3F000002 = 0.5 and the character cannot walljump (so you can take a walljump away from characters)

NOTE: Leaving this value as 0x3F000000 with the code below enabled just keeps the character as they are in vanilla Melee. If they had a walljump, they still have it. If they don't have a walljump, they still don't.

Code:
Custom Walljump Flag - Character Data Files (1.02) [Achilles]
C20816B8 00000007
83E3002C 3C608008
A0DF025A 2C060001
41820014 2C060002
40820018 60631918
48000008 606316C8
7C6803A6 4E800020
60000000 00000000
Code:
Custom Walljump Flag - Character Data Files (1.02) [Achilles]
inject @ 800816b8 - lwz r31,0x2c(r3)
- within Interrupt_Walljump function

lwz    r31,0x2c(r3)    # load internal data offset, default code line
lis r3,0x8008        # first half of possible branches within areas of the Interrupt_Walljump function
lhz    r6,0x25a(r31)    # load second half of TopN frame x-delta char attribute
cmpwi r6,1            # 3F000001 = character can walljump
beq-    CONTINUE_WALLJUMP_CHECK
cmpwi r6,2            # 3F000002 = character cannot walljump
bne-    END
NO_WALLJUMP:
ori r3,r3,0x1918     # setup branch to 0x80081918 which is the end of the Interrupt_Walljump function (so skip it)
b    GO

CONTINUE_WALLJUMP_CHECK:
ori r3,r3,0x16c8   # setup branch to skip over the check for the vanilla wallride enable flag
GO:
mtlr    r3     # go to the branch address in r3
blr
END:
I'm not sure if you can do this in Crazy Hand, but here is an easy way to find the location for the flag quickly using Master Hand.

View attachment 115191

@Tater Ampers Ampers @MagicScrumpy @god_cyndaquil @Punkline @Implix
I am struggling to understand this. Do I just open MCM and add those 2 codes?

PKFreeZZy

Smash Cadet
Slippi.gg
VETR#758
I may be a few months late, but I had this issue with CrazyHand myself. It seems to do this with any throw you edit, so I use HSDraw to edit them... Only downside is, HSDraw cannot view Character specific attributes as far as I know and renders character files useless for CrazyHand. It also refers to subactions by their in-game codenames.

Last edited:

Fald_W

Smash Cadet
Something very curious happened to me while I was modifying kirby, there is a glitch that we will call it, "the break" since the program continues to work but you cannot do anything literally, you can do it by accessing Mario's Move Logic or accessing the subactions of the attacks of other characters and then enter the subactions of kirby with a special move in the other character (Up B or Side B), the strange thing here was when apparently I did the glitch in the animation swapping of kirby, then when I entered the Game to examine the changes in Kirby Kirby's moveset was completely broken, the character animations did not load, Kirby was completely static when making an attack or movement and after a moment the game froze, we could say that Kirby accidentally "lowered it. He cursed "although I'm not sure that the glitch was the cause, it is the most likely one of Kirby's curse

PKFreeZZy

Smash Cadet
Slippi.gg
VETR#758
Something very curious happened to me while I was modifying kirby, there is a glitch that we will call it, "the break" since the program continues to work but you cannot do anything literally, you can do it by accessing Mario's Move Logic or accessing the subactions of the attacks of other characters and then enter the subactions of kirby with a special move in the other character (Up B or Side B), the strange thing here was when apparently I did the glitch in the animation swapping of kirby, then when I entered the Game to examine the changes in Kirby Kirby's moveset was completely broken, the character animations did not load, Kirby was completely static when making an attack or movement and after a moment the game froze, we could say that Kirby accidentally "lowered it. He cursed "although I'm not sure that the glitch was the cause, it is the most likely one of Kirby's curse
Yeah, Kirby's data quite possibly has the strangest behavior in CrazyHand. His F-Smash upward and downward angles are messed up right off the bat and viewing his aerial attack landing animations breaks the program sooner or later.

Fald_W

Smash Cadet
Yeah, Kirby's data quite possibly has the strangest behavior in CrazyHand. His F-Smash upward and downward angles are messed up right off the bat and viewing his aerial attack landing animations breaks the program sooner or later.
Oh yeah, speaking of which, is it possible to make Kirby's F-smash work at different angles? (up and down) because there are the attacks but their values are so strange and apparently it is not possible to do those angles

PKFreeZZy

Smash Cadet
Slippi.gg
VETR#758
Oh yeah, speaking of which, is it possible to make Kirby's F-smash work at different angles? (up and down) because there are the attacks but their values are so strange and apparently it is not possible to do those angles
I've tried using HSDraw to edit them, but I can't find anything besides a "Go to" pointer. Maybe copying the script from his normal F-Smash in CrazyHand could work, or editing the values using that specific system of numbers (HSDraw messes up Attributes and such in CrazyHand but they still show up in a strange way, so something like that.)

Fald_W

Smash Cadet
I've tried using HSDraw to edit them, but I can't find anything besides a "Go to" pointer. Maybe copying the script from his normal F-Smash in CrazyHand could work, or editing the values using that specific system of numbers (HSDraw messes up Attributes and such in CrazyHand but they still show up in a strange way, so something like that.)
Very interesting, I ask you that because I am working on a melee modification to make all the characters overpowered, and I would like you to try some of my characters to know what you think or what things I should do with the characters, is your decision obviously

PKFreeZZy

Smash Cadet
Slippi.gg
VETR#758
Very interesting, I ask you that because I am working on a melee modification to make all the characters overpowered, and I would like you to try some of my characters to know what you think or what things I should do with the characters, is your decision obviously
Sure, I can try them! I'm not really an expert on coming up with funny overpowered stuff, though but I could try. Our idea in Discord was to make characters terrible. For instance, I managed to make Ness' PSI Magnet damage him rather than heal and prevented PK Thunder from coming out at all/made it ridiculously fast and an instant SD move.

Fald_W

Smash Cadet
Sure, I can try them! I'm not really an expert on coming up with funny overpowered stuff, though but I could try. Our idea in Discord was to make characters terrible. For instance, I managed to make Ness' PSI Magnet damage him rather than heal and prevented PK Thunder from coming out at all/made it ridiculously fast and an instant SD move.
Okay! here it is: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1DnixDmlhUyFQhIzUHWd7sTMCLZVRDQov/view?usp=sharing the character is Mario, I'm still new to sending things over the internet but I'm sure nothing will happen

Top Bottom