• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Crazy Hand v1.31 - Character editing program

TheSocialZombie

Smash Cadet
Has anyone been able to give a counter to characters which don't have one?

Also, how would I make it so that characters do more damage the more they use a certain move?

Last edited:

TheOtherEthan

Smash Rookie
Slippi.gg
TOE#355
You probably want to add more space to the move to add looping hitboxes so the move is a multi-hit attack too. Here's how you add space without sacrificing commands in Crazy Hand: https://imgur.com/gallery/xZ0SoFH
I finally got around to doing this but I can't find the pointer because there are multiple "50 60" values. should I just guess and check or is there an easier way to find the right one?

Stormghetti

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
STRM#798
NNID
Stormghetti
I finally got around to doing this but I can't find the pointer because there are multiple "50 60" values. should I just guess and check or is there an easier way to find the right one?
There's a pattern to follow but it can get confusing (the pattern being how close the pointer is to other pointers, indicating it is a pointer for a move and not just random hex values). Try "050 60" instead, or just guess.

SUBJ3CT

Smash Rookie
When I try to load Move Logic to turn off free fall for moves, it freezes Crazy Hand, any help there?

RandomMeleeGuy

Smash Rookie
Whenever I try to open up the run.bat method, it ends up with this message.

C:\Users\rocks\Desktop\Crazy Hand v1.31(1)>java -jar CrazyHand.jar -Xms512m -Xmx1024m
'java' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

C:\Users\rocks\Desktop\Crazy Hand v1.31(1)>pause
Press any key to continue . . .

What do I do?

AeroX5

Smash Rookie
when i try to open my iso i click open BUT IT DOESN'T DO ANYTHING AFTER THAT i have no idea why its not working and its dumb

dude30500

Smash Cadet
I found out what subaction Events 0x20 and 0x24 do.

0x20 simply pauses subaction Events aka. infinite Asynchronous Frames. (used in Fox UpB)
0x24 is on-screen FX (think of Togepi Darkness) bits 0x03fc0000 is the FX ID, and bits 0x0003ffff is the duration in frames. Example: ID 7 for 60 frames would look like "24 1C 00 3C" in Crazyhand.

Last edited:

Space_Duck147

Smash Rookie
EDIT: It just started working, I don't know why.
Whenever I load my Melee ISO, Crazy Hand crashes, and does nothing. Anybody know a fix?

Last edited:

androos

Smash Rookie
how do I install crazy hand? I'm new to this modding thing and I Was wondering if someone could help me? Do I extract the zip file or do I leave it as is and how do I open up the program?

Stormghetti

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
STRM#798
NNID
Stormghetti
how do I install crazy hand? I'm new to this modding thing and I Was wondering if someone could help me? Do I extract the zip file or do I leave it as is and how do I open up the program?
... The very first message of this thread tells you to open the Java file, but make sure you extract the zip file first.

BungoBeanz

Smash Rookie
I appear to be having the same issue as a user above me. I've used this program before on my old PC just fine but this time around i've extracted all the files from the zip, opened it as a .jar, double click the Melee ISO in the Crazy Hand tool, but then absolutely nothing happens. Not sure what i'm doing wrong and any help would be appreciated.

Stormghetti

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
STRM#798
NNID
Stormghetti
I appear to be having the same issue as a user above me. I've used this program before on my old PC just fine but this time around i've extracted all the files from the zip, opened it as a .jar, double click the Melee ISO in the Crazy Hand tool, but then absolutely nothing happens. Not sure what i'm doing wrong and any help would be appreciated.
Make sure nothing else has the ISO opened.

BungoBeanz

Smash Rookie
Stormghetti Stormghetti With nothing else open still nothing happens. Would it have anything to do with the fact that the .jar still has a zi[ file icon even tho its a .jar and can be used normally?

Stormghetti

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
STRM#798
NNID
Stormghetti
Stormghetti Stormghetti With nothing else open still nothing happens. Would it have anything to do with the fact that the .jar still has a zi[ file icon even tho its a .jar and can be used normally?
I think I've had that happen to me years ago. I suggest setting the file's default program to Java. I don't know why nothing opens.

Last edited:

Ken North

Smash Rookie
It would be a lot to ask for a Mod Mario
with 3 change improvement?
- the cape: Mario with the same recovery float
but changing the size of the mario reflector hitbox for that of doctor mario
- improvement of "tilt down" reduced lag of hit
- no lag touching the floor with B up

I don't understand how to save in the crazy hand v1.31 someone please that explain to me?

Stormghetti

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
STRM#798
NNID
Stormghetti
... You hit the large "Save" button at the bottom? If you want to save your changes as a character file instead, you go to File > Save character.

Last edited:

Ken North

Smash Rookie
Oh ok I just saw it. thanks

how can I modify the hitbox of the cape of Mario for that it is the same hitbox as of Doctor Mario? the other How can I place an image here?

Isn't there a tutorial that is fully explained for this program?

Stormghetti

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
STRM#798
NNID
Stormghetti
how can I modify the hitbox of the cape of Mario for that it is the same hitbox as of Doctor Mario? the other How can I place an image here?
You just go to their Side-B subactions and copypaste the values inside of the Hitbox boxes to your liking. By dragging and dropping the image on your reply, it starts uploading automatically and it'll show up when it's done.

Isn't there a tutorial that is fully explained for this program?
There isn't, unfortunately.

Ken North

Smash Rookie
How can you change from meteor to spike?

a quenstion more how change directional Vertical of Luigi up B to Mario up B Front?

Last edited:

SuperSqank

Smash Rookie
For a spike. You can pretty much use any number in-between 281 and 315. Or you could do anything from 259 to 225 if you want the spike to send the opponent backwards.

Tylronyx

Smash Rookie
This may have already been answered but how do you act out of any move? For example, ive been playing with mewtwo a bit and i want to be able to act out of his up b instantly. I edited the ending lag to 0 but how do you take away the free fall animation? also why does changing the number of jumps value to anything but default give the character infinite jumps?

Last edited:

xOiram_

Smash Rookie
Currently using this to make some low tiers better in Melee and have a few questions:
Where do I find the code for Kirby's aerial version of hammer?
Where do I find the code for grabs and dash grabs?
How do I add more sections/code for attacks? (ex: making G&W's aerials able to be L-canceled or another hitbox to Luigi's dash attack)

Last edited:

SuperSqank

Smash Rookie
For Kirby, you just have to find the animations for those attacks. Kirby's grabs are 0xF2 and 0xF3, while his aerial hammer is 0x143.
I'm not 100% sure how adding more sections/code for attacks works however. I'm always too scared to do it, as adding more memory to a character file can mess things up.

xOiram_

Smash Rookie
For Kirby, you just have to find the animations for those attacks. Kirby's grabs are 0xF2 and 0xF3, while his aerial hammer is 0x143.
I'm not 100% sure how adding more sections/code for attacks works however. I'm always too scared to do it, as adding more memory to a character file can mess things up.
Thanks for this! I wasn't sure where the grabs were as they aren't labeled as grab/dash grab but their animations should help!
Same here for the adding more sections/code.

uhh

Smash Rookie
So, would anyone know how to speed up animations? I've looked it up everywhere but I could not seem to find an answer. Any help is much appreciated!! :)

xOiram_

Smash Rookie
So, would anyone know how to speed up animations? I've looked it up everywhere but I could not seem to find an answer. Any help is much appreciated!! :)
I recommend using frame speed modifiers

CyclopsTwenty

Smash Rookie
I'm having problems with using Crazy Hand:
I can only open Crazy Hand once after starting my computer
My Melee ROM is not showing on the finder unless i select all files. Does it have to be .iso specifically?
And it doesn't matter if i use Crazy Hand to open a file or not, it says something along the lines of "Couldn't open Crazy Hand, check the console for possible causes" and i don't understand why it's happening
I have not seen this issue in any of the replies but i hope that at least someone can help me with these issues
Sorry if this was a bit too much but i do have a lot of issues and i hope they can get resolved

Last edited:

Ja_mes

Smash Rookie
is there a way to add lag to a move with FSMs?
edit: it's just using a decimal
how do i make something jump cancel-able?
i copied fox's downB IASA move logic but that just makes it able to be canceled at any time
how would i add an IASA to a move that doesn't have it?

Last edited:

Orbital

Smash Rookie
Hey smashboards,

Anyone know how to get FSM (Frame speed modifiers) To work on 20XX 4.07++ Without causing the game to crash?
Possibly changing offsets somewhere in the DOL?

V1RTU3

Smash Rookie
Every time I make a new character. it saves the file as a movie file. Every time i try to open it, it crashes my computer. Please help, I want Ness to have PK Freeze!

SuperSqank

Smash Rookie
You have to open the character files in Crazy Hand. You shouldn't try opening them with a movie viewer or w/e. PK Flash is a projectile so you will not find it in Ness' character file. You will find it in the projectiles section on Crazy Hand. Then I guess you just give PK Flash a freeze effect.

Top Bottom