• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Crazy Hand v1.31 - Character editing program

Punkline

Dr. Frankenstack
Is there a list of all the action physics functions and what they do?
As far as I can tell, only unique move logic has been documented in the latest CSM; which is about the same information you get from Crazy Hand unless you’re PPC-literate. With the CSM, you can sometimes get clues from calls to other symbols (like how IASA functions comprise of individually labeled interrupts.)

Sometimes, a good way to experiment is to 0 out a function on the move logic table and see what happens when a function ISN’T used. (This is also easy to do with memory edits while the game is running.)

AAAAAA

Smash Cadet
do grab hit boxes only work on certain moves? ive tried putting them on other moves and they dont do anything.

TheonlycompetitiveRoy

Smash Rookie
could somebody give me the numbers to make zelda's Din's Fire (Side B) Fully controllable (or at the very least, like, PK-Thunder's controllablility) also, if you could, also add in the Joystick sensitivity, because i seem to have royally messed that up as well.
If not, i could really use the base numbers because stupid me didn't back everything up.

tatatat0

Smash Journeyman
I want to build Crazy Hand. What file should I select as the main java file or w/e?

Bynine

Smash Cadet
could somebody give me the numbers to make zelda's Din's Fire (Side B) Fully controllable (or at the very least, like, PK-Thunder's controllablility) also, if you could, also add in the Joystick sensitivity, because i seem to have royally messed that up as well.
If not, i could really use the base numbers because stupid me didn't back everything up.
i'm not exactly sure but you'll want to experiment with the maximum curve it can angle and the up down maneuverability. it's not built to work like pk thunder however, it's inevitably going to control differently. also if you need the base numbers just go to "other" then "restore this character to defaults".

i have a question of my own: would there be a way to make a move that pulls out an item equip that item? (for example, changing Young Link's down b such that he pulls out a bunny hood makes him hold it, but you have to release it and grab it again to equip it.)

abysspartyy

Smash Cadet
While I was trying some new mods from MagicScrumpy, I came to realise that when I rapid jab my wii and dolphin crashes for no reason. Later on I camo to conclusion that after installing the FSM engine on 20xx 4.05 the game crashes for no reason when any charaacter rapid jab.

Is there an explination or a solution for this? or is it a bug?
The same thing happens with me as well with the latest 20XX 4.05. After installing the FSM mod using Crazy Hand and using Kirby and Captain Falcon's rapid jab, the game will crash.

I disabled cheats and gecko cheats but this crash still occurs.

Last edited:

gogocharter

Smash Rookie
There are a few different mods for preventing characters from rapid jabbing. Do you have one of them and other mods enabled? It's possible there could be conflicts between mods. Also, how are you applying mods to your game? Gecko codes? I don't know how the Gecko codehandler responds to or handles mods that may conflict (e.g. two or more trying to use the same injection point). The Melee Code Manager now has a feature to detect such things though. You could try applying your codes with that and see if it warns you of anything.
I didn't instaled mods or use Gecko codes (i disabled those) i aply mod with crazy hand but ill try the melee code manager if i can understand what I am doing

Last edited:

Zerrick

Smash Rookie
I cant figure out how to open crazy hand? can you link me an app to do so?? I am on windows 10

Michael the Hedgehog

Smash Rookie
I need some help with the Frame Speed Modifier (FSM) and the Animation Swapping (mostly FSM) For fsm i need to know what most are and what they do (for ex what do i do to increase to the speed of fox's side b?). Then (i think) i can mess with the animation swap. Thanks :kirbymelee::kirbymelee: P.S. a text doc would be a lot easier for me to see :p

Tyadran

Smash Cadet
NNID
Tyadran
I cant figure out how to open crazy hand? can you link me an app to do so?? I am on windows 10
How do I use this? I have the file and there is no application to use it.
This is a Java application. If you have Java installed, you should be able to run the program from the .jar file. Otherwise, you'll need to go get Java.

Last edited:

Zerrick

Smash Rookie
This is a Java application. If you have Java installed, you should be able to run the program from the .jar file. Otherwise, you'll need to go get Java.
I have downloaded 3 versions of java, tried opening with Command script, and cant do it. I dont know what to do

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
Does the application not open, our does your program not open the iso?

Maxer203

Smash Rookie
I do have java and it's the latest verson. So I dont understand how it isnt working

Itaru

MasterGanon
If we don't know...

PlCo offset
0xA7D0 int 8 You can do meteor cancel after 8 frames from hitlag end.

Last edited:

Stiga

Smash Cadet
Hello everybody.

This is Crazy Hand. It is a character editing program for Melee that allows you to quickly and easily edit things such as character attributes, hitboxes, subactions, and more.

The program is now pretty self explanatory. All you need to do is acquire a melee ISO and open it with Crazy Hand. From there, edit whatever you want and press save when done.

Please note! Crazy Hand is a java program, meaning that it is a .JAR file instead of a .EXE file. double click it just like you would any other executable file to run the program. If you have a program like WinRAR installed on your computer, double clicking it may try to open it as an archive file. You don't want this, so instead right click it >> Open with >> Java Platform Binary. This may vary slightly by operating system, but the general process is the same.

The entire project is open source and code is being maintained on GitHub. If you would like to take a look at it and potentially contribute, here's the link to our page: Crazy Hand GitHub

Huge thanks to Tater and darkside1222 for the code that they have both contributed to this project.
In addition I'd like to say major thanks to everybody else who has supported us on this project so far. This includes, but is not limited to Stratocaster, Achilles1515, DRGN, Magus, Itaru, LanceInThePants...
You guys have all been incredible help to me on this project. Not all of you directly helped me, but the amount of research and documentation that I read from many of you has just been unbelievably helpful. I would be nowhere without you guys. You rock!

Here is the download link: Crazy Hand v1.31

If you have any questions/comments/bug reports, please feel free to let us know.
Hi
This looks really neat! However, I cannot use it as it is a Microsoft app and I'm using mac. Is there a download link for mac?
Thanks!

Maxer203

Smash Rookie
I managed to get it to work but when i select the ISO nothing opens up. The ISO i'm using is super smash bros melee 1.02, is this the correct verson?

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
Ampers Ampers is there any work being done on a new update to this? I may have some updates to suggest

Ampers

Smash Journeyman
Ampers Ampers is there any work being done on a new update to this? I may have some updates to suggest
sorry, I haven't had any time to work on the program in quite a while... There is an update that is partially completed and has been for quite a while, but at this rate I'm not even going to pretend I have a valid guess on when it will be done.

haelcher

Smash Rookie
I've been tinkering around with Kirby's UpB and was wondering where I'd adjust how early he can grab the ledge. From what I understand, Kirby can currently grab the ledge on frame 21 of his SpecialHi2 animation. But I can't find a corresponding value in Crazy Hand (briefly checked Attributes, Character-Specific, and Subactions regarding UpB).

Also, I've adjusted the FSMs to lower the startup of the move - SpecialHi1 - which mechanically works fine, but the graphic effect applied to the final cutter still appears at the old frame values, which from what I can tell is part of SpecialHi2 which I didn't edit at all. How should I adjust the graphic effect to match my new values?

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
where's the list of move logic IASA commands?

like, I want to make bowser's down-b jump cancel-able but dolphin just crashes every time. not sure if its dolphin or the address I have for making it jumpable is wrong.

I put in 800CB4B8 as the IASA function

Punkline Punkline

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
thanks for that, I didn't think that interrupt places were switched between versions. most of the guides I remember or have bookmarked are from magus and he did everything for 1.0

Krusteaz

Smash Apprentice
Speaking of changing throw effects, would changing Falcon's pummel to an electric attack still be "tourney legal"? Not as in I would use my build in tourney but does the 1.5 times hitlag matter for pummels?

Also would it be possible for Falcon to say his "Hyes!" when he pummels? I would love to combine that with thus electric knee pummel idea that I have

Itaru

MasterGanon
Some note...

4C000001 and 4C000002 is modei mod similar to 7C command. But, 4C000001 means "use model or graphic effect which should be used here" and 4C000002 is "end".

And, if we don't know about psuedo-random sound effect.

99FX008Y 000AAAAA 000BBBBB 000CCCCC 000DDDDD 000EEEEE 000FFFFF

A-F is SFX number.
X is sound volume. but, I don't know which value is max volume. 1 and F is very small, D and 8 is large volume.
Y is number of sound effect. For example, Y = 3, This command plays A or B or C at random.

And...
Peach's SideB hitbox is 0x4044 and 0x4064(Smash) in PlPe.dat

Stormghetti

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
STRM#798
NNID
Stormghetti
I know it may have been asked before, but can anyone help me with reducing start-up frames on attacks, making moves faster and/or reducing ending lag? I'm lost, lol.

Also, I tried editing Link's base knockback on his bad throws, but I got electric effects on both. Why is that? If it helps, I'm using a PAL ISO and I didn't touch anything else about those grabs.

Last edited:

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
Crazy hand has a glitch where it adds electric if you change throw knock back. Set the element to electric and it'll become normal

YershiBear

Smash Rookie
How do I change a subaction to where it goes to another subaction? I'm modding Luigi's DAir to make it his Taunt.

How do I change a subaction to where it goes to another subaction? I'm modding Luigi's DAir to make it his Taunt.
Just go to animation swap and do this (highlighted in blue)

If you want to make it so the hitboxes for dair match those of the taunt go to the Appeal(taunt) subaction and recreate those hitbox(es) in the place of the ones for dair normally, don't forget to make the timers match with those on the taunt also.

Top Bottom