• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Crawling

Kio Iranez

Smash Ace
I'd say it's kind of obvious that Crawling was implemented into the game 'cause of Snake. Do you think there'll be any practical uses for it?

SolidSonic

Smash Ace
There were will be use for it in the single player campaign, especially when playing as Snake.

Don't know about regular combat..

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Why does this topic remind me of Linkin Park...

Hmm...Does Samus turn into Morph ball when she "Crawls"

or Spider Ball

Duality

Smash Journeyman
Why does this topic remind me of Linkin Park...

Hmm...Does Samus turn into Morph ball when she "Crawls"

or Spider Ball
CRAAAAWLING IIIIN MMY SKIIIIIN!! THESE WOUNDS, THEY WILL NOT HEAL!

Reminded me of that too. Maby if Samus fired her Zero lazer on a plat and it almost hit the bottom of the map, you could crawl under it!

Formless

Smash Cadet
I guess it'd be a lower crouch, and that'd be its use in combat. Unless some stages had specific crawling areas, or something like that.

Dagingabreadman

Smash Apprentice
obviously, if you arent a ****in giant like bowser, crawling could be used to duck under projectiles (some)

Duality

Smash Journeyman
Who knows, it might unleash an advanced technique that people will abuse.

Silent_Hill_Crossing

Smash Apprentice
Well, this is kind of the same question I asked myself.

I mean it's obvious you could dodge projectiles with it. I'm not sure if it's possble but maybe you can dodge Yoshi's Final Smash (Fire Balls anyway) with it. Although I doubt such a thing.

All in all we'll need to know more about the new mechanics introduced before drawing any real conclusion from it.

Wight

Smash Apprentice
that reminds me, can you move while you crouch? since i recall having the impression wario was doing that. or was that some ******** looking walk or crawl? that guy is so weird..

Evil E.

Smash Ace
NNID
Elmoyounasty
Is crawling Confirmed for ALL characters? Because i just cant see ppl like Sonic, Mario, Pokemon Trainer, and them crawling.. Snake looks awesome when he crawls defines his character alot.

:psycho:

TenshiOni

Smash Apprentice
Is crawling Confirmed for ALL characters? Because i just cant see ppl like Sonic, Mario, Pokemon Trainer, and them crawling.. Snake looks awesome when he crawls defines his character alot.

Pokemon Trainer is never in your control on the field of battle.

Silent_Hill_Crossing

Smash Apprentice
The idea of Charizard, or MK crawling on the ground makes me laugh. XD

But I'm guessing with exception to PT [Which is replaced by his Pokemon] most anyone else can crawl. Although don't quote me on this.

gtkdltk007

Smash Apprentice
Characters that have crawled in previous games: Snake, Mario, Diddy Kong, Wario (trailer), Ivysaur, Squirtle. Those characters have the traits of crawling characters, or just have crawled. I cdant imagine seeing Peach or the Ice CLimbers crawl, let alone Charizard, Zelda, or PEach.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089

Not all characters can crawl in the demo of Brawl. Anyway, since wavedashing is out, it might have a place in the metagame when it properly forms.

Mckillyou

Smash Journeyman
Crawling would be actually rather helpful, when people shoot projectiles (Fox for example) you can just crawl under their shots.

Dr.Saturn

Smash Apprentice
I think it will be like crouch canceling just you can move while you do it now

Loranga

Smash Rookie
what if there was maybe another moveset for when crawling....just a thougt. or like 1 b attack and 1 A attack.

Chepe

Smash Lord
Yoshi and DK have crawled in some form in their games too. DKC and Yoshi's Story. But for some reason I dont think they will be able to in Brawl...

Samus543

Smash Apprentice
Crawling will make you a smaller target, obviously.
i can imagine samus turning into a Morph Ball and dodging a Nikita Missile from Snake.

Sailyfee

Smash Apprentice
I think that crawling will help progress in Snake's subspace stage, if he's gonna have one.

nf0x

Smash Rookie
Crawling would be actually rather helpful, when people shoot projectiles (Fox for example) you can just crawl under their shots.
I think something along these lines would make the most sense. It will have to have some evasion property(s) that separate it from dodging, rolling and shielding.

Smash needs to be heavier on mechanics, and I for one think crawling, whatever it ends up doing, is a step in the right direction.

gtkdltk007

Smash Apprentice
IN Metal Gear, Snake crawled over land mines to pick them up and disable them. If he ran twoards them, then they blew up. I'm assuming that he'll have apurpose in the Subspace Emissary, where he'll have to crawl to avoid mines.

ComradeCanada

Smash Journeyman
Actually, I've played as Samus against Sheik, where Sheik had to duck to avoid a missile barrage. I can see crawling being useful there.[/COLOR]

kin3tic-c4jun-3

Smash Ace
That's true Comrade (lol I enjoy adressing you like that..), and I've been saying the same thing before.

Speaking of mines, I can picture those things becoming GREAT edge-gaurding tools...

PyroRyuken

Smash Ace

I remember Wario doing some sort of crawl using his hands and feet. It's possible that all the characters can now move while they crouch.

iMichael

Smash Lord
Well so far theres Snake, Wario, Pika....I'm sure characters like Mario(all around...except gliding), Luigi and I think Gimpy said Bowser can crawl too. I'm not too sure on Bowser though....

deathborn00

Smash Apprentice
Well so far theres Snake, Wario, Pika....I'm sure characters like Mario(all around...except gliding), Luigi and I think Gimpy said Bowser can crawl too. I'm not too sure on Bowser though....
yeah gimpy said bowser can crawl, he also said giga bowser can crawl

lol what's the point of that?!

iMichael

Smash Lord
I think we were all thinking just too hard. Crawling is probably just going to be for dodging projectiles(lasers, super scope, missles etc.).

G-X

Smash Apprentice
Did anyone else catch that Snake's "rolling dodge into crawl" animation is taken directly from MGS2? I love little touches like that.

Top Bottom