• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

CPU T-bags me wtf

Shurikan

Smash Apprentice
am i the only one. this happend to me twice my whole life but i was just playin around with cpus and one finaly ko'd me right after i got ko'd the cpu crouched up and down up ALOT of times until i spawned and landed on the stage he did it enough times to be considered a t-bag...:c wtf dood......wtf

and of course i couldnt record it because it was too long of a match i was playing like 30 stock....man i hope the next ssb will be able to record longer matches.

By the way people im now aware that this happens to others often, but it DOES NOT mean that it happens often to everyone! no need to say things like it happens all the time DERP! yes to you it may. i took it as a surprize because well it rarely happens to me...simple as that.

Narsic

Smash Rookie
Same with me, my G&W CPU likes to do that when I die, I freaked at first lol

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
It's common CPU behavior, and if you have any brains at all, you wouldn't play the CPU. It encourages spam and gayness. I'm probably not the only one who has seen a Snake Ftilt 4-6 times in a row.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
It's common CPU behavior, and if you have any brains at all, you wouldn't play the CPU.
Don't insult people just because they're playing CPU's. Are they particularly great to play against for competative learning? Not so much. Are they fun to play against anyway? Yup!

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
The reason behind CPU's crouching after a kill is because it is the only action their AI allows them to do that does not require an opponent on screen to preform. They would literally continually crouch if they were alone in a match in a 1 player Brawl.

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
Fighting cpu's is good for practicing combo's and tech skill. They have a use.
And apparently high level players set them up in certain situations to create frametraps, and figure out what moves able to cover all the opponents options. Havn't tried it myself but it seems interesting.

Also pikachu a total troll. Theres like a 1/3 chance he t-bags when I die.

Shurikan

Smash Apprentice
It's common CPU behavior, and if you have any brains at all, you wouldn't play the CPU. It encourages spam and gayness. I'm probably not the only one who has seen a Snake Ftilt 4-6 times in a row.
i pick on cpus when im alone and i do real brawling when my freinds come over. i got to keep practicing some how.. im an only child. or do you not have brains to think that over?

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
Or do you not have the brains to play Wifi?

Wifi has some serious issues, but you can learn a lot by playing people over it.

CPUs have certain purposes but suck for trying to make overall improvement. After a while you can **** any CPU and any number of them, and it becomes only useful for tech practicing and learning what options you have against certain characters, et cetera.

Shurikan

Smash Apprentice

Wifi has some serious issues, but you can learn a lot by playing people over it.

CPUs have certain purposes but suck for trying to make overall improvement. After a while you can **** any CPU and any number of them, and it becomes only useful for tech practicing and learning what options you have against certain characters, et cetera.
jesus CHRIST look dude can you not except the fact that not all people can connect? my internet here is so damn horrid ill connect to wifi and then 3 seconds later bam! its lost. it takes 3 hours just to load up smash forums. sigh. i seriously would LOVE to find tourneys around my area but i live in dayton and ohio has S**T when it comes to gathering up for gameing. theres just no one around to play with man.:(

and really the only thing i do is practice ATs with cpu's ...and it gets boring...

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
That's happened to me before. It's always Snake or Pikachu, too, so it looks like a legitimate T-bag. T_T

:phone:

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
jesus CHRIST look dude can you not except the fact that not all people can connect? my internet here is so damn horrid ill connect to wifi and then 3 seconds later bam! its lost. it takes 3 hours just to load up smash forums. sigh. i seriously would LOVE to find tourneys around my area but i live in dayton and ohio has S**T when it comes to gathering up for gameing. theres just no one around to play with man.:(

and really the only thing i do is practice ATs with cpu's ...and it gets boring...
Then it might have been nice to mention that earlier, wouldn't it?

And have you checked the regional zone forums?

Shurikan

Smash Apprentice
Then it might have been nice to mention that earlier, wouldn't it?

And have you checked the regional zone forums?
yup midwest... only thing clostest to smash activitys is a guy trying to set up a tourney in dayton, Ohio but is having trouble..:(

i still play with my freinds but they have hissy fits when they get beaten.. they usualy call it quits when i beat them only like 5 times even if they beat me like 3 times. so i cant really relie on them for improvement.

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
First off, don't double post. It's an infractable offense. Just use the edit button.

Second, you should do any tournament possible. You aren't exactly national tourney material yet, so you'll probably learn something as long as the people in it aren't total scrubs and it uses Unity.

Shurikan

Smash Apprentice
First off, don't double post. It's an infractable offense. Just use the edit button.

Second, you should do any tournament possible. You aren't exactly national tourney material yet, so you'll probably learn something as long as the people in it aren't total scrubs and it uses Unity.
first off...my bad i was rushing a quick post.

im pretty sure this guy in dayton will be useing unity rulesets (no more MKs ...RIP)

but i REALLY hope this guy can pull this off!

-LzR-

Smash Hero
FoxBlazeguy... You aren't exactly helping lol.

Shurikan, if there are no activity near your area, try to make some of your own.
Finland was kinda dead at first. Then I found a wifi scene somewhere. Then I started to ask people to come over to my house to play and later even hosting tournaments.
Last weekend was my 9th tournament and it's going better than ever. Don't give up and find and encourage people to play. I am sure there are people around your area. I live in Finland and guess what, there was a Brawler less than 2 minute walk away from my house! :D
Now we play a lot.

moomoomamoo

Smash Apprentice
I don't know if he's trying to help or insult Shurikan. I mean seriously... this isn't how you help people.

* == changes.
being a **** == being a ****.

It's common CPU behavior., and if you have any brains at all, You wouldn't shouldn't play the CPU. It encourages spam and gayness. I'm probably not the only one who has seen a Snake Ftilt 4-6 times in a row.
Or Do you not have the brains to play Wifi?

Then it might have been nice to mention that earlier, wouldn't it? Sorry for assuming a bunch of things and coming off a bit rude.

And Have you checked the regional zone forums?
First off,Please don't double post. It's an infractable offense. Just use the edit button.-insert :) here-

Let's try to be more positive. Acting like snobs just make our community look bad. :p

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
There's a point where the CPU outlives it usefulness. It serves certain purposes but it's a poor surrogate for the improvement you can make fighting real people. Maybe it helps with spacing and combos and whatever, but it sucks balls when you're fighting it normally and not situationally.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
You can't brush off the usefulness of CPU training just like that, it is a perfect way to learn how to space (one of the 3 most important things in the game along with reading comprehension and technical knowledge), it lets you practice things like chain-grabs, strings from attacks like ZSS' down smash, and even figure out counters to specific moves.

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
1.) Three most important things? What about DI?

2.) The CPU tends to use moves even in situations where it is easily punished ( i.e., a Snake CPU using an Fair right after a SH. )

3.) As I've said before, all of that is situational and area-specific. CPU's don't help make overall improvement.

4.) CPUs can be useful, but you should always play real people if you can.

Shurikan

Smash Apprentice
im just going to sum up this thread now..

moral of story = cpu's are usefull for experimenting combos, move cancelation..ect bla bla bla and of course for REAL improvment calls for fighting REAL people.

and by the way i have been doing ALOT of online battleling. NOT BASIC BRAWL (everyone is ******** there) i mean actualy going on all is brawl match making and finding good players to fightwith.

even though online is horrid its really helping my reading skills.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
1.) Three most important things? What about DI?
DI is less important than the things I mentioned.

Try winning without being able to space attacks? Everything you do will get punished.

Try winning without reading comprehension? You will lose due to predictability against any good player (good = top 5 of a state's power rankings, I guess).

Try winning without game knowledge? Completely impossible, unless you plan to guess your way to victory.

Try winning without DI? Definitely do-able.

2.) The CPU tends to use moves even in situations where it is easily punished ( i.e., a Snake CPU using an Fair right after a SH. )
They do indeed. You don't need to punish them for doing this if you don't want to, or you can practice some kind-of punishment string if you are close enough. If you are far away when they do it, you can learn if it is possible to punish by running in before they recover from the lag, etc...

3.) As I've said before, all of that is situational and area-specific.
This is not a bad thing.

CPU's don't help make overall improvement.
This is a blatant lie.

4.) CPUs can be useful, but you should always play real people if you can.
Obviously.

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
Spacing? =w=
Wellll i wouldn't go so far as to say they help spacing.
They're so inconsistent. They move slowly so you have a ton of time to think, you can't burst range against them, and they punish the weiiiirdest thing that or suppose to be safe. Its little discouraging when falcos jab gets powershield'd and either jabbed or grabbed back.

They punish the unpunishable, yet miss the simplest punish's in the game.

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
DI is less important than the things I mentioned.

Try winning without being able to space attacks? Everything you do will get punished.

Try winning without reading comprehension? You will lose due to predictability against any good player (good = top 5 of a state's power rankings, I guess).

Try winning without game knowledge? Completely impossible, unless you plan to guess your way to victory.

Try winning without DI? Definitely do-able.

They do indeed. You don't need to punish them for doing this if you don't want to, or you can practice some kind-of punishment string if you are close enough. If you are far away when they do it, you can learn if it is possible to punish by running in before they recover from the lag, etc...

This is not a bad thing.

This is a blatant lie.

Obviously.
1.) And by living longer, it will allow you more opportunity at the other three pillars. DI IS important, and a key weapon in a good player's arsenal. CPUs don't help much, since they're behavior is often erratic and ********.

2.) They will often rush right in even at KO percents, and will powershield even some of the most unpunishable ****, as Sunny said. They WON'T help you when dealing with a human playstyle.

3.) Area specific means they'll leave you, in some areas, wide open, if you don't play humans frequently enough.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
I didn't say DI wasn't important LOL

Anyway, all I was getting at was this: "CPUs can be useful, but you should always play real people if you can."

You agree with that, so nothing more to be said.

azn_tony_908

Smash Rookie

^ I remember when my friends would say, "I can play all level 9's, SUCK IT!" (In some sort of fashion they say it like that.) Then I figured out my friends had NO real technique at all. They would just spam B moves.

Anyway, back on topic with me, I have two things to say;
I can't play wifi very well; People make me lag. (Yet I have no problem playing with some distant friends.) And since I play lucas, I can't do ANYTHING. It's really hard to recover because the lag makes my PK thunder all weird. (I can't control it at the first 1-2 seconds of casting it.) Coming from me, I only play friends or offline. (Plus, I can't learn anything from them. Most of the time, I get matched up with spammers or complete noobs.)

I agree with the cpu part. It makes no sense really to rely on CPUS for training overall.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
The reason behind CPU's crouching after a kill is because it is the only action their AI allows them to do that does not require an opponent on screen to preform. They would literally continually crouch if they were alone in a match in a 1 player Brawl.
Well, they do taunt.

Top Bottom