• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

CPU destruction

SixSaw

Smash Journeyman
Hahaha that's hilarious.
M2K CPU's need to happen.

Have M2K make them himself too. I'm sure he'd be overjoyed.

Xinc

Smash Lord
NNID
xincmars
3DS FC
2981-7601-8481
Hahaha that's hilarious.
M2K CPU's need to happen.

Have M2K make them himself too. I'm sure he'd be overjoyed.
Get M2k in there, make computers follow his every move and learn all his aspects (esp in a tourney) xD

andalsoandy

Smash Lord
I fight level 9s of every character to measure how good I am at the character I'm using.

I can beat any level 9 with Wario without a problem. Luigi can be pretty tough though. I should mention that Charizard is pretty fun to swat out of the sky with D-air.

With Jigglypuff, it gets a little more difficult, not when fighting characters that you would expect to give her a hard time, but for some reason Bowser is just impossible to beat. Whenever I try to land Rest, it just so happens to be when he's charging F-smash or using some attack that has a hit box that encompasses most of his body and it's difficult to get in close. Charizard is also a pretty tough opponent for mostly the same reasons but he's a little easier than Bowser. Bowser is a little easier when you use Rollout a lot (almost to the point of spamming it.)

I'm almost as good with Mario as I am with Wario, so I hardly have problems with CPUs when playing him. Bowser also screws with me as Mario but not as much.

I started playing as Marth recently against CPUs once I felt comfortable with his moveset. Every single opponent I faced almost 4 stocked me. Still working on that... **** you Bowser.

Bowser's only kryptonite seems to be Lucas. I don't know why, but when I used to play Lucas, I annihilated Bowser. It's probably Offense Up's fault.

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
playing CPUs isn't a good measure of skill for anything in 2.6b
they're better than CPUs from other games but the current ones have a long way to go

Abeebo

Smash Journeyman
Nastiest thing a cpu did to me recently was a fakeout. The cpu Falcon kept shffling knees facing away from me. Thinking it's stuck, I run in with a Marth dash attack. ******* hopped over me and kneed me in the back of my head.

TeiunBomb

Smash Apprentice
A DK did 2 wavedashes, moonwalked? (is that possible) to me, and fsmashed me.
He styled upon me.

I laughed for a good minute.

I actually still have the replay.
Even if you can't upload to YouTube, could you at least upload the replay itself? I'm definitely interested in seeing this.

andalsoandy

Smash Lord
playing CPUs isn't a good measure of skill for anything in 2.6b
they're better than CPUs from other games but the current ones have a long way to go
It is for me. I mean I don't play too technically so it's satisfying to beat level 9s every now and then without using some of the techniques they use.

ViewtifulHoe242

Smash Journeyman
i dont have p:m yet but i'll never forget the level 9 fox that shined me out of my warp star crash in melee without taking damage . i had to put the controller down and reevaluate my teenage life for a while after that.

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
i dont have p:m yet but i'll never forget the level 9 fox that shined me out of my warp star crash in melee without taking damage . i had to put the controller down and reevaluate my teenage life for a while after that.
well fox's shine has a frame of invincibility in melee when it hits, so him knocking you out of the star ended the hitbox, and he didn't get hit that frame because invinc
not that surprising except that he even thought to use shine

Yeerk

Smash Journeyman
well fox's shine has a frame of invincibility in melee when it hits, so him knocking you out of the star ended the hitbox, and he didn't get hit that frame because invinc
not that surprising except that he even thought to use shine
thanks for spoiling the mystery and excitement!

Tugnus

Smash Cadet
Hahahaha. The CPU entertains me so much. Decided to test out 3.0 CPU. They are now doing things I've really waited for. Still a CPU, but amazing updates.

First, THANK YOU for the randomish looking techs, especially after throws. Now I can actually practice tech chasing. Hopefully I don't notice any patterns soon that will ruin that.

Second, the CPU gets aggressive when it puts you on the defensive. Its pretty awesome. Fox is actually fun to play against now instead of combo food. I ledge hop nair'd with Falcon and got crouch cancel shined. I laughed pretty hard. A bunch of crazy stuff has happened to me before, but that CC shine really caught me off guard. Especially since I like to mess around on the ledge and CPU's have always been super free around there.

Third, haven't messed with it that much yet, but I'm curious about the CPU recovery mix up. It's too easy to force the CPU to recover in the way you want. In prior releases, I could basically force Fox to Up-B whenever I wanted and he would never unexpectedly side-b. I wish they would perfect up-B to the ledge every now and then especially with characters like CF and Marth.

I'm gonna start recording my matches again and I'm gonna make a CPU combo video (The CPU performing combos) because the PM CPU always makes me laugh.

Little Nemo

The Dream Master
NNID
LockableFaceman
lvl 9 cpus are actually too good? I can't beat lvl 9 Mario. he combos too good and seems to be frame perfect. He even correctly wavedashes.

hand

Smash Cadet
I always used to play lvl9 in 2.6(b) in order to find out at what characters I'm good.
Now it makes me feel like a noob with all 41 of them...

Chzrm3

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3926-5442-3703
My brother and I did some 2 v 2 turbo mode against the CPUs last night and CPU Ganondorf was seriously going nuts.

KingClubber

Smash Ace
In a dark underground base in the middle of L.A
Confirmed

I've already begun working on something like this but it wasn't ready for 3.0.

Never Gonna happen, I am still mostly a 1 man team. I have been getting help from Dantarion, Bero, even Magus; but the one working on AI is still solely only me.

I agree, i might ask his advice in the future.

Your praises are appreciated. And 'Yes' in the future Ai will recover better. I'll try to keep in mind to mix it up a bit.

---

Enjoy.

Tlock

Smash Apprentice
Amazing job KingClubber! The CPUs have been one of the highlights of 3.0 for me. I have spent more time messing around in turbo mode and I was wondering if the CPUs are coded to play differently in turbo than normal VS? They seem to know that they can act chain attacks.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
That's a natural thing that CPUs do as they will try to perform relevant actions given that the parameters allow them to.

Abeebo

Smash Journeyman
KingClubber16074814 said:
the AI recognizes that they can attack again due to it's actions being cancelled.

So cpu's can do some pretty amazing things in turbo mode.
Is my... Is my game.... learning?
Project M 4.0 - introducing self aware CPUs.

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
Project M 5.0
CPU's petition for civil rights
CPU's overthrow P:MBR and code themselves
CPU's participate in tournaments with an infinite number of CPU entrants, humans always go 0-2

Project M 6.0
King Clubber overthrows AI overlords, peace restored

SixSaw

Smash Journeyman
The AI techs randomly even when set to 'stop' in training mode now. This is excellent!

Oh, and high level Falcon CPUs will moonwalk now. lol'd the first time I saw it.

KingClubber

Smash Ace
In a dark underground base in the middle of L.A
That's right. Calabrel, Juushichi, and Gmaster did playtesting for me to help me iron out some things.

No.

Though Cpu's will finally be based off real players. I wanted to have at least one ready for 3.0 but i was still working out how it would work, and it was very very buggy. So you guys will have to wait til the next release.

To give you an example of what's to come. I made a super aggro C.falcon who spammed SHFFLC aerials, and dash dance like crazy, also a fox that would chase players down with shine + (shine stuff here), or Usmash with a random chance of doing it more then shine at kill percent. I even copied this - > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wkF4KuDiRRs#t=251

These were just test.

Not going to say the next release will have everything ready but this should be the last time ai will ever be easy to defeat.

Sixth-Sense

Smash Ace
San Francisco, Venezuela (not the famous one)
That's right. Calabrel, Juushichi, and Gmaster did playtesting for me to help me iron out some things.

No.

Though Cpu's will finally be based off real players. I wanted to have at least one ready for 3.0 but i was still working out how it would work, and it was very very buggy. So you guys will have to wait til the next release.

To give you an example of what's to come. I made a super aggro C.falcon who spammed SHFFLC aerials, and dash dance like crazy, also a fox that would chase players down with shine + (shine stuff here), or Usmash with a random chance of doing it more then shine at kill percent. I even copied this - > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wkF4KuDiRRs#t=251

These were just test.

Not going to say the next release will have everything ready but this should be the last time ai will ever be easy to defeat.

Oh god

that last statment

oh. god.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
PM 7.0

The computers make computers

The computer-made computers rebel

The computer-made computers create an Inception like reality where they make computer-made computer-made computers that exist within a dream inside a dream within a computer's dream inside a human's dream inside a dream inside another human's dream inside a wet dream

It all makes sense now. :psycho:

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
Project M: The Movie: The Game: The Movie: .....THE GAME
**** i lost

@kingclubber, when you say the computers dash dance, do you mean like, at neutral, like you often see high level marths/fox/falcons especially do? Is it possible to code defensive AI as well that dash dances a lot and waits for you to make a move, then counter attack? What about advanced platform movement, for the same effect?

Top Bottom