• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

CPU destruction

SixSaw

Smash Journeyman
**** i lost

@kingclubber, when you say the computers dash dance, do you mean like, at neutral, like you often see high level marths/fox/falcons especially do? Is it possible to code defensive AI as well that dash dances a lot and waits for you to make a move, then counter attack? What about advanced platform movement, for the same effect?

Playing against some lvl 9 cpus last night, It did seem that they use dash dancing to bait you. Falcon in particular seemed to pretty much follow the textbook flowchart neutral game of dash dance>if opponent does nothing: shffl nair,if opponent attacks: punish/grab>repeat.

Another I bizarre quirk I noticed is that, when I was falling down after a strong vertical hit, the cpu would dash dance REALLY rapidly directly under me, following my DI. **** was intimidating as hell.

Star ☆

No Problem!
NNID
Autumnflow
CPU Sonic's are freaking ridiculous, canceling everything before I can even understand what I'm being hit with.

PMS | LEVEL 100 MAGIKARP

Hologram Summer Again
I was actually pretty excited about the new level 9s, and the first fox I played definitely felt faster and had much tighter and more complex combos. However, fox still has a habit of jumping off the stage when he's bored.

Fortress

Smash Master
I was actually pretty excited about the new level 9s, and the first fox I played definitely felt faster and had much tighter and more complex combos. However, fox still has a habit of jumping off the stage when he's bored.
"**** this, scrub, you ain't gonna kill me? You can't kill me? I'm peacin' right out of this ****. GG."

I'm sure the new LV9 Fox thinks this every time you can't kill it.

Kankato

Smash Journeyman
Are lvl. 3 computers good for practicing combos and edgeguards? A little birdie told me they can DI, CC and mixup recoveries properly.

hand

Smash Cadet
Thing is, the CPU SEEMS to play well as long as you do. When you just stand near the ledge and spam projectiles and fsmashes they unfortunately have no clue what to do.

Tugnus

Smash Cadet
Thing is, the CPU SEEMS to play well as long as you do. When you just stand near the ledge and spam projectiles and fsmashes they unfortunately have no clue what to do.
Yeah, I'm starting to notice small things with the AI. The AI has NEVER been able to approach. It's because they act off of "reaction." I was curious if my roommate could beat the computer, so I tested the approach of the CPU. You can literally pick anyone with a decent Fsmash (Marth), walk around and smash when they get close, but that's no fun.

Some other things I've noticed. They always tech roll in off of bigger hits. A few techs away/in place off throws, but I get a crazy majority of tech rolling in.

They still love to SD and jump off the ledge for no reason. The AI has been jumping off for weird edge guards, and when I swat him away, they just air dodge backwards into the wall and die.

The dash dancing is cute, but in most cases I find it useless for the CPU to be doing it. They don't approach, so its still just me approaching someone who will never stop dash dancing until I make the first attack.

Characters with projectiles still camp too hard and stupidly like 2.6. They get out of range and start spamming projectiles without any care in the world. Mew2/Lucario will sit in place charging there aura ball. I dash dance in there face and they still don't move. Eventually I have to decide if I want the free hit or do I just run through him.

I've played against Fox AI the most so far because I love that practice MU. He's fun, but is getting annoying. Fox AI loves to SH nair, (although I wish he would shine on shield/hit), but he sucks at spacing, and he only seems quick when he get hit and starts the followups. He also can't seem to follow up on shine combos. Why is that? I don't think I have ever seen fox waveshine me into anything except maybe a nairplane.

JesseMcCloud

AKA Zessei, Herald of Fate
NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
Lvl. 9 Mario is just godlike with his aerial combos right now, and one time Marth landed two Uairs, an Utilt and followed up with a Fair in about 3/4 of a second. I had to stop and make sure I wasn't playing Turbo mode!

Top Bottom