• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Counters for Shiek

Ares726

Smash Ace
Check here: All Characters Match-up Chart

Personally, I think that Ice Climbers counter Sheik, and Sheik counters Sheik. That last one doesn't really count because it negates itself, but yea. Maybe a space animal, but Sheik has ridiculously long combos/edgeguarding skills against space animals. So I guess IC are the only real counter for Sheik. They aren't even that bad if you don't get grabbed (or hit).

Sheik Prowless

Smash Cadet
i am an amazing sheik player who dominates ever 1 i usually vs but my friend who plays ness is really really really good but y does a low tier ness give me such troble i can take out a fox no sweat and smae with ice climbers

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
i am an amazing sheik player who dominates ever 1 i usually vs but my friend who plays ness is really really really good but y does a low tier ness give me such troble i can take out a fox no sweat and smae with ice climbers
Because you suck? Sheik ***** the hell out of Ness. It is disgusting.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
The space animals - Harder then normal to combo
Ice climber - You have a 50% chance of grabbing the right one and they can chain grab Sheik
Mario - Less of a counter then the other two but if not DI correctly he can chain grab Sheik to death.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
The space animals - Harder then normal to combo
Ice climber - You have a 50% chance of grabbing the right one and they can chain grab Sheik
Mario - Less of a counter then the other two but if not DI correctly he can chain grab Sheik to death.
doesnt matter how you can DI against mario, he can still 0-death cg you. however sheik should still beat mario, just dont play on fd and **** him

Mcscruff

Smash Ace
People who complain about mario play sheik because they suck.

People who complain about space animals and plays sheik dont know the first thing about edge guarding or anything about anything ever.

People who complain about IC's need to space better. Sheik has no lag, remember.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
People who complain about mario play sheik because they suck.

People who complain about space animals and plays sheik dont know the first thing about edge guarding or anything about anything ever.

People who complain about IC's need to space better. Sheik has no lag, remember.
terribly stupid statement.

Nightblade

Smash Journeyman
Sheik is a tough nut to crack, though any character can counter if done correctly. I've found it is best to keep to your main and change your timing. I main Marth and still do about 6-4 on most Sheiks because the timing is familiar, I can even do pretty well on Roy or YLink (though both are difficult).

Technically, Fox and Falco should be good counters. Any good Sheik will edgeguard you well-enough that if you don't sweet spot the ledge you're toast. As far as levels, I've always countered Sheik on Green Greens. Keep the blocks clear so when they're forced to Up+B onto the stage (when you're edge-hogging) most of the time they'll forget to shoot diagonally up and kill themselves. Great mind game as most I do it to pisses them off to no end.

Sick_ShEiK$$$

Smash Cadet
When you play one person for a really long time..saying a friend
usually no matter what character they use its going to be hard.
because your freind/opponent will usally always no what your gonna do and when your gonna do it.
unless you change a few things up
so if your losing to your friend and he's using ness then maybe you should change a bit of your playing strategy.
thats what i think.

3GOD

Smash Ace
ICs
Fox
Falco
Doc
Mario

would be my choice
Well said...pretty much in order of how they do as well. Most would consider Doc and Mario to be even, but they definitely have a much better chance than most of the cast.

cablepuff

Smash Ace
falco, ice climber, fox, mario, marth, peach, dr. mario, captain falcon (those 8 in that order).

Banksya

Smash Ace
lol stupids. mario can CG, IC's can CG. thats it really. falco and fox do well, but you can beat them if you are good. kthanksbye.

h1roshi

Smash Hero
Kissimmee, Florida playing melee! (f*** brawl, th
ic's and mario **** sheik...next hardest would have to be very advanced space animals...as much as sheik has on them while they are off the board...while they are on the stage it is very difficult...even whit her egdegaurding...they can still come back because a lot of times at low percentages they can recover so fast it doesnt matter how good u can egdegaurd them....peace

-hiroshi
worst fl smasher

cablepuff

Smash Ace
wtf.. mario does not **** sheik harder than falco and fox...

Hows mario going to grab sheik if sheik forward tilts and needles. ....

The problem is mario's aresnal to land a grab on sheik...

StripesOrBars

Smash Master
Sheik can space Mario sooooooo well. Mario can't edgeguard her. Sheik has waaaaaaaaay more priority and a waaaaaay better grab and she resets faster than every other character, which sux for Mario.

ICs are slowly losing thier edge on Shiek. All Shiek has to do is kill level 1 Nana. But good luck with that.

Fox and Falco barely beat Shiek. Not a counter. Especially since, like Mario vs Shiek, Shiek out ranges them, out prioritizes them, has an EXCELLENT shield, edgegaurds them with ease, and they can't edgeguard her like they can to the rest of the cast.

Fox just has upthrow upair chains and Falco has Pillaring. Which is why there is DI.

Just like Marth Fox Falco Peach and Falcon, Shiek has no counters. She just has characters that do well against her.

Coen

BRoomer
BRoomer
Sheik horribly owns Falcon.

Nothing counters Sheik. You could say ICs with their infinite grab stuff, but they can do that stuff on any character.

Tope

BRoomer
BRoomer
ICies can CG sheik with just one Ice Climber wtf...

That's her hardest Match.

After that I'd say Falco and Fox.

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: Is it me, or is Sheik Doctor Mario's worst matchup? o_0

I'm pretty sure it's a terrible matchup for the good doctor and I would never try that one, myself. I could be wrong, though.

Mahjong

Smash Cadet
man i just dont like shiek

shiek's fair is annoying and i hate the needles

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
@doodah, you need to realize ANY character can edgeguard sheik's. Just don't be stupid and try to go out and edgeguard. any decent mario should be able to kill sheik once he gets her off above about 60%. keep invincibility on the edge, make sheik land on the stage. get up, walk past, dsmash. or if you dont have time, get up back throw. get up fsmash. dont give the "mario cant edgeguard sheik" everyone can edgeguard sheik if they're decent, it's her biggest weakness.

As far as doctor mario goes, it's not her worst matchup at all. watch the japanese docs again sheiks, they do well.

people need to stop sucking *** and realize that all you have to do edgeguard sheik is make her land on the stage and then do any move you feel like doing. its not hard to make sheik get on the stage if u dont suck terribly.

goateeguy

Smash Ace
My least favorite char to play against as Sheik is Marth. If the guy is fast enough, I can't get close enough to do significant damage without getting hit by his sword first.

Top Bottom